This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home with Insteon Group/Scene

I've been using the plugin with my Google Home just fine with a minor exception. Groups/Scenes will not appear in the Google Home app under Home Control.

I can make dummy devices that show up in Google Home. All Groups have the "Voice command:" box checked and I have even re-synced Google Home to verify they are not added.

Originally posted by 0rinsb3lt View Post
    I've been using the plugin with my Google Home just fine with a minor exception. Groups/Scenes will not appear in the Google Home app under Home Control.

I can make dummy devices that show up in Google Home. All Groups have the "Voice command:" box checked and I have even re-synced Google Home to verify they are not added.
    i don't have a google home to test, but i can confirm groups show in the Alexa app. If you can identify what is missing from the insteon group devices, i can update the plugin.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

If you could point me in the direction of where to check for the missing pieces I'm more then willing to help out.

Comment

If you could point me in the direction of where to check for the missing pieces I'm more then willing to help out.
        what version of the plugin are you using? the current release 3.0.6.0 probably isn't setting the Status Graphics correctly. this should be resolved in the latest beta when you create a group.

to fix your existing groups:

goto the group hs device, edit it, and set the "control use" drop down for On and Off respectively
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          what version of the plugin are you using? the current release 3.0.6.0 probably isn't setting the Status Graphics correctly. this should be resolved in the latest beta when you create a group.

to fix your existing groups:

goto the group hs device, edit it, and set the "control use" drop down for On and Off respectively

That did the trick! Thank you!

Comment

That did the trick! Thank you!
            glad its working. consider updating to the latest beta to avoid this the next time you create an insteon group.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X