No announcement yet.

Yamaha RX-V Series AV Receivers Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im working on a simple plugin for the most simple stuff right now. I have power and mute working (not sure if plugin will chrash after a while or a number of switches or if hammering, havent done much testing yet).

I have no clue on how to enter the IP number of the AV, I have it hardcoded now for 192.168.1.83. Ill have a look at that later on.

Not sure what the best way of doing readback from the AV either. HS should be keept updated when you turn the knob on the receiver or use the app, but I cant see any way they could be reported on change, so I guess the only way is polling. How often should that be done?

If you guys want a working well programmed plugin, someone else has to write it, Im a poor programmer.
    Last edited by Agwan; September 27, 2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Here is the first test.

You can change the IP number in the plugin settings page for RX-A3000. But it wont remember the IP when you restart HS.

There might be some trouble with the settings page if you also have the sample plugin installed, or plugins based on that plugin I guess. Something with naming of the webpage when reported to HS.

Power works, mute works, input select only works for AUDIO1 and AV1 yet.

There is no reporting back from the receiver so what ever values HS sais the receiver is in cant be trusted until you have changed the value atleast once.

The plugin works for RX-A3000 series and compatable. As long as the commands are the same for your RX-A700, RX-A800, RX-A1000 or RX-A2000, they should work. It seems the general stuff is, so I bet power, mute and input select works.

What more functions are most needed? Ill get to implementing all inputs and volume control, but it is some work because of the many input options and that the volume is stepped 0.5dB, not sure if I can make a 0.5dB stepping slider or if I have to round if off in code.

If there is no interest in this type of plugin where you get devices for each function, I wont post my progress.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Agwan; September 28, 2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Im having trouble getting C# accepting anwers from the AV. It sais there is a protocol violation from the AV.

What I dont get is that you guys seems to be sending strings like:
        Code:
        Dim postData As String = "<YAMAHA_AV cmd=""PUT""><Main_Zone><Power_Control><Power>Standby</Power></Power_Control></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>"
        But I send strings like this, as stated in the Yamaha protocol specification:
        Code:
        string str = "@SYS:PWR=On\r\n";
        The AV does accept my commands, its just the answers back that are bad in some way.

Why do you write the commands the way you do when the specification states that they should be the way I write them?

Comment

Got it working now, the way I send strings. So the replys are working.

The IP number is stored in registry now. Port is fixed 50000, does anyone ever change that?

Implemented:
          All inputs
          Mute
          Power
          Party mode
          Party mute
          Vol up/down 0.5, 1, 2, 5 dB

Next:
          Automatic readback
          Volume scroll bar
          Attached Files

Comment

How do I install it?

Comment

Just drop the .exe in your homeseer folder and restart homeseer.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Agwan this works well enough for my needs (I have the RX-V477), thank you soo much for sharing.

Anyone else - I seem to be missing the /images/HomeSeer/status/unmute.png icon, can someone upload it please?

Comment

I made that icon. Forgot to attach it. Here you go. Not sure how a un-mute icon should look like.
                    Attached Files

Comment

thanks a bunch

Comment

There was a problem with the last plugin. It might have been taking some time to get messages out to the amplifier.

I think its fixed here. Works much more stable for me. But havent been running it for a long while.

Added volume control with slider.

Note:
                        You have to manually remove all the plugin devices when you reinstall.

Next:
                        Readback from the amplifier, with that working you should instantly get information about power on status, volume change and input change.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Agwan; October 17, 2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Is everything working for you guys or are you experiencing any problems?

Comment

Doesn't work with a CX - A5000
                            Last edited by IanIreland; October 22, 2016, 01:35 AM.

Comment

All functions seem to work for me, though I have a differnt model.
                              Any chance you could add HDMI 1-6 inputs?

again most appreciative of the work thus far.

Comment

RXV679

Hi

Thank you very much for the plugin . I have a RXV-679 and it s working. Just the 2 zones that I can t control but so far it s really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X