Z-Wave Lock Manual Unlock Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Schlage BE468 (A BE469 w/o alarm) that I can control from hstouch using a script that makes a CAPI call to toggle the lock from locked to unlocked or vice versa each time it is called. This script works great.

There is an issue when the lock is manually unlocked as summarized below:

1. Manually unlock the lock, value changes to unlocked (0) as expected
    2. Z-Wave makes a log entry that the lock was Set to Unlocked
    3. Make CAPI call to lock the lock changes the value to locked (255), but the lock physically remains unlocked.
    4. Make CAPI call to unlock the lock changes the value to unlocked(0) and the lock remains physically unlocked
    5. Make CAPI call to lock the lock and the value changes to locked(255) and the lock does physically lock
    6. All additional CAPI calls operates the lock as expected until the lock is manually unlocked and then the issue repeats as above.

I do not understand why the CAPI call to lock the lock does not work after the lock is manually unlocked.

I found that if I manually unlock the lock and then wait 20+ seconds, the lock will then lock from the CAPI call to lock, but if I make the call too soon, the lock changes value to locked, but does not actually lock.

Anyone know why the delay is required since the value was correct?

Comment

Have you tried it with fresh batteries?
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes, I put in new batteries yesterday just to be sure even though the prior batteries had only been installed for 2 weeks. The lock operation is very crisp when it operates. I can live with 20 seconds, but I would like to know why the CAPI call to lock does not work if the call is made very soon after the manual operation.

Thanks for your response.

Comment

For HS to update the status to Locked, it has to get an acknowledgement back from the lock. If you send a lock command, and the lock does not acknowledge, HS would display the status as Unknown. Given that it does show as locked, the lock is responding that it has received the command. But since it is not acting on it, it seems like a a bug in the lock itself. You may want to contact Schlage.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I will contact Schlage and see what they say.
            I did setup two labels in hstouch , one to show the value of the lock and one to show the value of the lock's Access Control Notification.

When I perform a manual lock or unlock operation, both the lock/unlock value for the lock device and the lock's Access Control Notification change to the correct value within about 1 second of the manual change. Since they were correct, I though the lock should be able to be quickly locked through a CAPI call right after the manual unlock operation.
            If I learn anything form Schlage, I will post.

Thanks Al,
            Wallis

Comment

Working...
            X