Join/restart event when re-triggered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join/restart event when re-triggered?

Hi. I'm migrating from zipato, and wonder how you "join" or restart an event if the event-trigger is fired again before the event is finished.

Example of what I mean:
    IF <a door is opened> turn light ON
    WAIT 1 minute then
    Turn light OFF
    If I open the door again, say after 30 seconds, then HS seems to ignore that because the event is allready running.. and disregards that the doorsensor fired again within the timeframe.

My wish, however, is that the event should "restart" if the doorsensor re-triggers, and keep the light on for one minute "from the last recorded trigger" if that makes sense.

On the zipabox this was accomplished with a simple "join" before the IF statement.

Is this possible?

Originally posted by RazAquato View Post
    Hi. I'm migrating from zipato, and wonder how you "join" or restart an event if the event-trigger is fired again before the event is finished.

Example of what I mean:

If I open the door again, say after 30 seconds, then HS seems to ignore that because the event is allready running.. and disregards that the doorsensor fired again within the timeframe.

My wish, however, is that the event should "restart" if the doorsensor re-triggers, and keep the light on for one minute "from the last recorded trigger" if that makes sense.

On the zipabox this was accomplished with a simple "join" before the IF statement.

Is this possible?
    A "Wait" leaves an event suspended during the wait period. An event cannot be run again while it is still running. The best solution is to use a delayed device action and to remove it each time the event runs like this:

The last item in the above event sets a delayed device action to turn the light off. The action above it removes any delayed device actions when the event is run, setting up a fresh 5 minute delay from the time the event is run. If 5 minutes have lapsed since the last time the event is run , the light is turned Off.

This thread may help you understand.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X