www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Gaming Related Plug-ins > Gaming Related Discussion > Kinect (3P)

Kinect (3P) Discussions related to the Kinect plugin for HS3.

Old July 14th, 2017, 04:24 AM
Seer Deluxe

shareing is careing

Hey guys.

I just wanted to ask if anyone that is using allot of VR to share what they have come up with.

commands, setups, anything that is helpful
Number of Events: 116
Available Threads: 600
Enabled Plug-Ins
BLControl - BLCpuAdvisor - BLEditor - BLGarbage - BLLock - BLMapper - BLPlugins - BLReminders: BLSecurity - BLShutdown - BLSpeech - BLStat - BLTouchString - Blue-Iris - BLUPS - BLVolume - HSTouch Server - Insteon - Kinect - Restart - UltraECM3 - UltraGCIR3 - UltraLog3 - UltraMon3 - UltraPioneerAVR3 - weatherXML - XBMC - Z-Wave
Old October 2nd, 2017, 08:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

I am wanting ideas of how people are creating events.

Is there an easier way. Or do I really have to create single events for everything and try to think of every possible way someone may say the command. How do you make this practical for everyday users?
Old October 3rd, 2017, 08:13 AM

have you read the voice recognition syntax guide ? using multiple choice, optional words, wildcards, etc... can help a lot to avoid to create too many events.
Old October 3rd, 2017, 10:10 AM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwillis View Post
I am wanting ideas of how people are creating events.

Is there an easier way. Or do I really have to create single events for everything and try to think of every possible way someone may say the command. How do you make this practical for everyday users?

Definately read the syntax guide.

To give you an example of what can be done, here is a trigger phrase that I use in weatherxml.
PHP Code:
<get|tell|check|whats|what is>  [<me|the|this>] <todays|tonights|tomorrows|sundays|mondays|tuesdays|wednesdays|thursdays|fridays|saturdays|next> [<two|three|four|five>  days] <temperature|weather|forecast> [<for|in>] [<Basehor|Follow Me Note 3|Branson>] 
To get this one event trigger as every possible phrase with no speak syntax would require over 11000 hard coded phrases.
This is an extreme example and the majority of what I use is not this complex.

Here is a shorter one.
PHP Code:
<pause the movie|pause blue ray|pause disk
This give me 3 possible phrases in one event trigger.

The problem is the only Kinect, and windows microphones work with the speak syntax. Android and iphone with HSTouch doesn't use it. HomeSeer integration with Alexa doesn't use it.
My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, EasyTrigger, FBitSeer, HSTouch Server, Kinect, PHLocation, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer 1122, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFGuy View Post
Definately read the syntax guide.

To give you an example of what can be done, here is a trigger phrase that I use in weatherxml.
PHP Code:
<get|tell|check|whats|what is>  [<me|the|this>] <todays|tonights|tomorrows|sundays|mondays|tuesdays|wednesdays|thursdays|fridays|saturdays|next> [<two|three|four|five>  days] <temperature|weather|forecast> [<for|in>] [<Basehor|Follow Me Note 3|Branson>] 
To get this one event trigger as every possible phrase with no speak syntax would require over 11000 hard coded phrases.
This is an extreme example and the majority of what I use is not this complex.

Here is a shorter one.
PHP Code:
<pause the movie|pause blue ray|pause disk
This give me 3 possible phrases in one event trigger.

The problem is the only Kinect, and windows microphones work with the speak syntax. Android and iphone with HSTouch doesn't use it. HomeSeer integration with Alexa doesn't use it.
Yes I use weatherXML. I have gotten it to work. What I am trying to get down to is the most efficient way of setting all this up.

Like making a global event that uses var's. I would like it to be something like "Lights" or "lights on" and it work in any room with the Kinect. and toggle it. so you just say lights. and if they are on. they go off. if they are off they go on.

I am still testing things out. I also have a xap800 to handle output and input routing. I have a custom script from another user.
I am trying to figure out the best way to get all this to work together where it can handle multiple commands from different areas at the same time.