Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to increment a thermostat setpoint?

I must be losing my mind!

I have 3 trane Z-wave thermostats, In HS2, I could increment a cooling or heating setpoint 1 degree at a time. In HS3 I can't figure out how to do this.

My HS3 devices for setpoints only allow me to enter a specific setpoint.

In HSDesigner, when I try to configure an up or down arrow to change the setpoint by 1 degree, there is no option to increase or decrease the setpoint. There is only a drop down list of the available values. How do I change a setpoint by 1 degree in HStouch?
    Attached Files

Instead of Homeseer : control a device, scroll down to Thermostat actions.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

That is not an option. That is what I used in HS2, but it is not an option in HS3. If it is supposed to be, then my thermostats must not be getting configured correctly in HS.

Is a thermostat specific plug-in required? I thought thermostat features were integrated with the z-wave plugin?

Comment

One of my thermostat devices in HS...
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm curious about this too. I expect a script could retrieve the value and work with it, but a set of "thermostat actions" sounds like a better options. For example, "resume run program" is a reasonable thing for a thermostat to do.

I, too, do not see any thermostat actions available when I look at making a new event. Is this something that's supplied by a thermostat plug-in, as distinct from being in Zwave?

Doug

Comment

I submitted a bug...

http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2422

Comment

I've updated bugzilla. I'm trying to set the heatpoint (and coolpoint) of my Trane from an event, but none of the properties of the Thermostat are exposed from the event editor. Not sure why this isn't in HS3, I was able to set the temps from HS2 events.

G

Comment

I have the same issue with RCS Z-Wave thermostats. Has this been addressed at all? Are there any suggestions to work around?

Comment

On my Trane Z-Wave thermostat I can no longer control the heat or cooling set-point by a degree (since upgrading from HS2 to HS3) from HS Touch.

I have also noticed that I can't turn Aux (aka Emergency) Heat on or off on my heat pump from a HS event. This also used to work in HS2.

Are there any z-wave thermostats that have these features in HS3? Is it only certain thermostats that are without these features or all thermostats in HS3?

Comment

Me too

I am unable to increase/decrease a setpoint via HSTouch in HS3. Is this a bug or known behavior?

Comment

Similar problem here with a thermostat and the UltraElkM1g3 plugin. No themostat visible in Designer. Same setup with HS2 works great. Not sure if it is HS touch or the ElkM1G3 plugin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this still broken? Do any thermostats work correctly with HS3/HSTouch designer? Mine interfaced to the ELk M1G via UltraJones plugin does not work as described by others.

Works fine in HS2.

Comment

HS3 Touch Trane Zwave confusion

I have 2 Trane TZEMT400 z-wave thermostats. One is on the first floor and one on the second floor of my house.

When I use the HS3 touch climate icon and change EITHER one of the cooling set points, the second floor unit set point changes. When I navigate to floor, room, device and change the cooling set point drop via the down menu, I can control the set point for each unit separately.

I checked the names and the codes and they are different.

Any guesses on what the problem could be?

Comment

Working...
                          X