X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post

[ATTACH]70064[/ATTACH]

I know this topic is about the mobile app, but I saw all of the virtual devices and I was wondering how you are using them and what the benefit is of having all the virtual devices and groups?

Thanks

Comment

Awesome

The recent update solved my problem. I love the new app and interface! It is fast and does not crash like hstouch

Comment

How do I enter a username and password for .htaccess if I want to connect directly with IP (or rather a DNS address)?
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Enhancement Remote IP & port

Hi,

Works on my local network. However, externally I use a non standard port ie:

123.456.789.001:xxxx/

It would be good to be able to specify the port as well as the IP address.

Thanks

A

Comment

We don't have the ability to enter user/pass for IP access yet.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            How do I enter a username and password for .htaccess if I want to connect directly with IP (or rather a DNS address)?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So you created your own virtual device that is a root device and has a couple of children, and I assume that root device has the "Associated Devices" property set to the device refs of the children. And each child has its associated devices set to the root device. Is this correct?

Can you send an email to homeseerbugs@homeseer.com and attach your homeseerdata.hsd file so we can recreate the issue.

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
              Hi, I am missing some devices... they're not hidden from mobile or the regular view. The ones that I am missing are the only children of a parent.

For example, I have an "All Kitchen Lights" Group with several virtual device children (cans, pendants, etc.). However, my dining room only has one light but still follows the same scheme. "All Dining Room Lights" and "Chandelier". This is the type that is missing in HS Mobile. Here's an image of the virtual devices in HS. I'm missing the circled groups.

[ATTACH]70064[/ATTACH]

-Jon
              Current Date/Time: 7/20/2018 10:24:18 PM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.458
              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 20 Hours 43 Minutes 7 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.1.30
              Number of Devices: 176
              Number of Events: 91
              Available Threads: 390
              HSTouch Enabled: True
              Event Threads: 0
              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
              Device Exec Queue: 0
              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
              Email Send Queue: 0
              Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.0.25: Ecobee
              3.0.0.40: EnvisaLink
              3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Microphone/sound

The microphone listens and sends commands to the server and the server processes them but the app does not speak when the server sends a phrase back. Is this something that should work or will be supported in the future?

Comment

We discussed this and may add it in a future release. HSTouch does speak because it emulates a speaker client. The text is converted to speech on the server and the MP3 file is sent to the app and played, over a direct connection. HomeSeer mobile does not have a full time connection to HS so it would have to poll for speech, not ideal. We could use the TTS on the phone, but that is not always available. So for now it will be just a text display. When we implement push notifications we can add it.

Originally posted by jhaney143 View Post
                  The microphone listens and sends commands to the server and the server processes them but the app does not speak when the server sends a phrase back. Is this something that should work or will be supported in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    When we implement push notifications we can add it.
                    That would be awesome. I know the big push is for integration with other platforms like Alexis and such for speech but I like to keep my systems local.

Comment

[

Known Open Issues, please do not report these!
                      • When connecting directly (not through MyHS) you cannot used a domain name. Also, you cannot connect remotely as it does not yet log you in.

Glad to see this is on the known issues list. It's the main reason I'm not testing HS3 Mobile further at the moment. Hoping for a fix soon so I can get back to it!

Comment

Trouble adding device to Dashboard

Can you send an email to homeseerbugs@gmail.com and attach your homeseerdata.hsd file and mention which device is not displaying. We can then recreate here.
                        I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.458 (Windows) and using the mobile app on a Samsung Galaxy Note8. I am having trouble adding devices to dashboards. I have one dashboard ("Zigbee") to which I have added 4 devices. Another device will not add. I created another dashboard ("Shades and Screen") and can only add 1. I deleted this second dashboard, recreated it, and tried again. However, as before, I could only add 1 device.

Elliott
                        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Move around your existing device and see if the new device is being placed under an existing one. This was fixed in the latest Beta, but just making sure this is not your issue.

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                          I am running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.458 (Windows) and using the mobile app on a Samsung Galaxy Note8. I am having trouble adding devices to dashboards. I have one dashboard ("Zigbee") to which I have added 4 devices. Another device will not add. I created another dashboard ("Shades and Screen") and can only add 1. I deleted this second dashboard, recreated it, and tried again. However, as before, I could only add 1 device.

Elliott

Comment

Thermostat nuances and general editing

Overall the app is awesome and very easy to use. Great addition! I do have some observations that might help.

I have two CT-100 thermostats that I have added to the mobile device. I added the devices and then tried to resize the widget. This did not work as when sliding a widget wider would not move the neighboring widget out of the way. So I added one device at a time, resized then added another, repeat.

The nuance with the thermostat is that when I adjust the temperature from 72 to 74, as soon as I stop adjusting the display returns to show 72 (as if I didn't change anything) then after the thermostat receives the change the mobile app then shows 74 and it stays (~2 second delay).

The other nuance is on one device the temperature is displayed between the two heat/cool adjusters, on the other the text between the adjusters reads Dim 76.5&#37: Looking at the home page on my web screen of HS3 the thermostat in question now has a third set point (cooling 1 setpoint, heating 1 setpoint and now a third called setpoint) this new setpoint also has what appears to be an associated Temperature line which has Dim 76.5% for the temperature value. The other stat does not have these nor do I remember seeing this in the released version of HS3 for that stat.

General editing: having several widgets already on my phone I am used to adjusting sizes. With these they seem very sensitive to grabbing the edge for adjusting. It takes many tries to grab the edge, usually resulting in canceling edit mode.

Thanks again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Move around your existing device and see if the new device is being placed under an existing one. This was fixed in the latest Beta, but just making sure this is not your issue.
                              This is not the case.
                              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Richel,

Have you tried increasing the number of rows on the dashboard? I was resizing my devices and could not expand my third device until I added more rows.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X