Network cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network cleanup

I goofed up fairly majorly today, but all is well. I took my Aeon Minimote around to a few nodes and used Remove on them. The result was my z-troller couldn't see them. Common sense, but my brain disconnected from what a remove was actually going to do.

So I've re-added everything and updated my events, no problem.

Since the nodes were deleted by the Minimote, they still exist in the Z-Troller under their old node numbers. I couldn't delete them using the button on the Z-Troller because the devices thought they were no longer in a network. So now I have 7 nodes that Z-troller knows about that aren't really there under the old node numbers. They're already in the Z-troller under their new node numbers and working perfectly.

When I import, the old nodes are known to the Z-Troller, but they don't respond to null commands. Ideally I'd like to clean out the old nodes. Can I safely:

1. Make a network backup of my z-troller from the manage controllers function
    2. Copy that backup to a second file so I never touch the original
    3. Delete the known non-existent nodes from the second file
    4. Network restore the z-troller from the second file using the manage controllers function

...or would that possibly corrupt my mdb database?
Working...
X