Outdoor Structured Media Enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with suggestions on outdoor weatherproof box's that I can use on the side of my home.

Looking to move some devices outside such as irrigation controllers, some elk relays, and 1 wire stuff. Preference would be to have a hinged door with a lock.

Thanks
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Look up outdoor NID's, power enclosures and wall mounted cabinets
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ST-Indoor-Ou...item565658ebdf
    This is a quick search but shows the concept. This would be easy to DIY, take a mini cooler drill some holes.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I keep going back to the plastic enclosures by Bud Industries. Little nervous with the quality but like that I was able to pick it up for less than $55.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005T6PXWU
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
        Thanks for your input. I keep going back to the plastic enclosures by Bud Industries. Little nervous with the quality but like that I was able to pick it up for less than $55.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005T6PXWU
        I used this with my Brultech GEM on one side of the house, and will be using it for a couple of Arduinos on the other. Weathertight, locking, GFCI outlet included and a nice removable plastic base for mounting.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I tend to go heavier duty with my outdoor boxes. Check these out. I use these, and they are great for a variety of reasons and purposes. Chris can fabricate one per your exact specification if you want something different than ones in his standard list. He can precut the holes wherever you wish. He can add a copper backplane already with stainless mounting hardware, and even a built in lock if you so desire. So you can spend just a tiny bit more than on the Bud box, but come out with a nice metal enclosure that is water tight (the doors are lined with weather stripping around the edge under the lip), or spend a little more for some of the upgrades and have a very very nice box. I chose coffee colored ones with locks, and copper backplanes, which I tied to my ring ground system around the house, which is also bonded all single point to the electrical ground. I don't have lightning problems here...

I have no personal affiliation other than also being an amateur radio operator.

http://www.kf7p.com/KF7P/EntrancePanels.html
          Last edited by Automated; October 13, 2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all for their input.

That Orbit sprinkler box looks like the cats meow... I think just a gfci cost around 13-18 bucks not including the gang box to mount it in. I ordered one and will likely be returning the other one I bought.

Thanks and this should fit the bill for what I need to fit inside.

Charlie

Comment

Well both boxes arrived and I think I'm going to use them both with conduit between them. I'll post pics of them side by side.

Comment

Working...
              X