rain8 plugin stops working after some time in hs3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rain8 plugin stops working after some time in hs3

I'm finding that after some time, HS3 stops sending commands to my rain8net. The HS3 log shows it sending commands, but does not show any errors. If I restart HS3, it starts working again.

I have confirmed, from watching the VSP log that when it is not working, it is not sending any commands to the serial port. Once I restart HS3, can see the commands in the VSP logs.

Running HS3 3.0.0.194
    HS3 Rain8 plugin 3.0.0.4
    VSP (Virtual Serial Ports Emulator).

The HS3 log results for the successful vs unsuccessful results show the same thing.

successful

Aug-10 7:43:28 AM Device Control Device: Back Yard Not Set Rain8Net Sprinklers to On (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Aug-10 7:43:06 AM Device Control Device: Back Yard Not Set Rain8Net Sprinklers to Off (4) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    unsuccessful

Aug-10 7:41:15 AM Device Control Device: Back Yard Not Set Rain8Net Sprinklers to Off (4) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Aug-10 7:39:44 AM Device Control Device: Back Yard Not Set Rain8Net Sprinklers to On (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Wayne

There are at least a couple Rain8 plugins, which one are you referring to? Also make sure VSP (Virtual Serial Ports Emulator) is not the culprit as the Rain8Net plugin that I support was only tested with a real serial port and you should test with a real serial port before jumping to any conclusions as to who is the blame.

You can turn on debug and send/post the Rain8Net.log file, and I will check what is happening inside plugin.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I specified the plugin in my original post. I'm using the default HS3 Rain8 plugin (v 3.0.0.4).

I don't think it's the VSP because when I restart the VSP, it doesn't start working, but when I restart HS3 it does.

Not sure how to turn on the debug log. It doesn't appear to be in the general log settings or Rain8 config page.

Comment

You are posting in the wrong place this area is for a plugin called Hspi_Rain8Net.exe not HS Rain8 by HiTec Homes.
        -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Ahh, sorry. Didn't realize I was in wrong forum. I'll repost in the correct one.

Comment

Working...
          X