Suppress script statement in log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppress script statement in log

Is there a way to suppress logging of the hs.writelog command, so that I don't look in the log and see the command string, followed by the log entry with the same text? Kinda silly...

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

What happens if you check the box "Do not log this event" in the event options?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      What happens if you check the box "Do not log this event" in the event options?
      Well, that works, of course. I'll just have to remember to turn off that option if I ever need to debug the event.

So there's no special symbol to put in the command string that will suppress it's logging? That's kinda surprising. But this will work. Thanks!

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

I think the fact that there isn't a "filter out" in the log window is sort of a shortcoming IMHO...

You can do a regular expression... with this...

^(??!\bKeyword\b\s*).)*$

Where Keyword being what you don't want to look at. Another option is to add a verbose switch to the script in question...
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
          I think the fact that there isn't a "filter out" in the log window is sort of a shortcoming IMHO...

You can do a regular expression... with this...

^(??!\bKeyword\b\s*).)*$

Where Keyword being what you don't want to look at. Another option is to add a verbose switch to the script in question...
          It's not a script, just a one-liner in the event. And I'm too old to mess with RegEx again, ties my brain into a pretzel. The above fix is fine for my purposes.

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
          X