double tts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double tts

any voice announcement from an event is voiced correctly through my sonos, or through any of my tablets. However, in the log the tts shows up twice. I have set up Jon00's speak utility so it kind of messes up reporting, as it has double entries within the virtual device. I had noticed the double tts entry in the log prior to installing jon00's speak utility, but it didn't bother me because it was of no effect, but now it has become an issue.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

(the search feature in the forum leaves much to be desired)

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    I had noticed the double tts entry in the log prior to installing jon00's speak utility, but it didn't bother me because it was of no effect, but now it has become an issue.
    Do you have more than one speech proxy enabled?
    You can use Google search.
    site:forums.homeseer.com followed by your search term(s) and logic
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

[QUOTE=Uncle Michael;1375789]Do you have more than one speech proxy enabled?

I don't think I do...where should I look? I have sonos and then the normal hs3 speech, nothing else.

I have sonos set with check mark in the proxy flag, and forward when there is no match. not having a check mark in there disables sonos. the event below only has the sonos specified, not the tablets.

Jul-21 2:02:30 PM TTS Speak: ($SONOS$ALL$:*):The time is 2:02 PM
      Jul-21 2:02:30 PM TTS Speak: ($SONOS$ALL$:*):The time is 2:02 PM
      Jul-21 2:02:30 PM Event Event Trigger "Kinect whats the time"

Comment

I have the opposite problem. I run the Sonos plug-in. I get no TTS logging at all when my script issues a hs.speak command directed only to my Sonos Linkgroup "$SONOS$ANNOUNCE$:*". If I issue a generic speak action to all clients, trapped by the sonos plug-in, TTS is not logged.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1198399

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1198400
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
          any voice announcement from an event is voiced correctly through my sonos, or through any of my tablets. However, in the log the tts shows up twice. I have set up Jon00's speak utility so it kind of messes up reporting, as it has double entries within the virtual device. I had noticed the double tts entry in the log prior to installing jon00's speak utility, but it didn't bother me because it was of no effect, but now it has become an issue.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am trying to get Jon00 speak to work with Sonos, but its not working for me. My Sonos Linkgroup names are KitchenTTS and Announce.
          In the Jon00 speak ini it looks like this:

[Settings]
          UseVirtualDevices=1
          CheckClientUse = 1
          VDMode = 0
          =
          SPClientList=$SONOS$Announce$:*,$SONOS$KitchenTTS$:*
          [default:all]

does this look right to you ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am trying to get Jon00 speak to work with Sonos, but its not working for me. My Sonos Linkgroup names are KitchenTTS and Announce.

[Settings]
            UseVirtualDevices=1
            CheckClientUse = 1
            VDMode = 0
            =

That is the way I have mine and is the way Jon asked his ini file be set. My problem is that TTS logging is not working for me, so I have no idea if the entries would work.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I have the opposite problem. I run the Sonos plug-in. I get no TTS logging at all when my script issues a hs.speak command directed only to my Sonos Linkgroup "$SONOS$ANNOUNCE$:*". If I issue a generic speak action to all clients, trapped by the sonos plug-in, TTS is not logged.

[ATTACH]70075[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70076[/ATTACH]

I dont think is sonos causing the problem... I just sent a voice announcement to 1 tablet, 1 time, and I had 3 tts log entries. I am running .449, but I noticed some time ago that the double tts entries were in the log. something is wacky somewhere.....

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post

[Settings]
                UseVirtualDevices=1
                CheckClientUse = 1
                VDMode = 0
                =

that is how I have my sonos in the ini and it is working for me...except the double tts in the log

Comment

Working...
                X