Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.9 Beta (Windows & Linux Compatible)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.5.9 Beta (Windows & Linux Compatible)

All,
    This is beta...I made a lot of underlying changes to correct the fanlinc linking issues. Please backup your hs database and insteon.ini

Known Issue
    with HS3 .130, the refresh isn't working when the plugin is programming device/group changes. I'm working on this with HST.

New Actions
    - Disable/enable the Interface - useful during a power outage to stop the Interface from logging errors. Create a event to Disable Interface when power is lost and another to Enable Interface when power is restored.

Fixes:
    - Creating links to a Fanlinc will allow setting fan speed (off, low, med, high)
    - Inlinelinc with sense On, Off btns restores
    - On/Off devices will only get On/Off when creating links.
    - Only dimmable devices should get On Level and Ramp Rate options when creating links.
    - X10 dimming and status level tracking (3.0.5.1)
    - HSTouch slider issue* (3.0.5.1)
    - Device Sync issue with KPLs of type 0141 & 0142 (3.0.5.2)
    - Potential fix for controlling X10 devices created with earlier versions (3.0.5.3)
    - Fixed fanlinc fan control list (3.0.5.4)
    - getrampratetext eror, outletlinc fix (3.0.5.6)
    - date issue with non US installations (3.0.5.7 & 3.0.5.9)
    - temperature issue with Energy Display (3.0.5.10)

*this is a one time fix

add the following to the insteon.ini [config] section
    RecreateDevices=True

Changes:
    - Set Filter button is no longer needed on Manage Device page. Just select your filter option and away you go.
    - Username and password entry fields hidden until you enter the ip address and port, click Save and restart the plugin.
    -Changes to the port settings on the config page should immediately restart the Interface. No need to restart HS. (3.0.5.1)
    - added script function SetDeviceSyncLinkedDevices. this can be use to set the checkboxes via a script.
    To execute use: hs.pluginfunction("Insteon", "", "SetDeviceSyncLinkedDevices", new object() {"aa.bb.cc", true|false}) (3.0.5.6)
    - Micro open/close Off control (3.0.5.8)

To Install:
    1. Shutdown HS
    2. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    3. Copy all the DLLs in the zip to the homeseer folder
    4. Restart HS

This should be linux compatible but i didn't test it myself

Known Issues:
    porttype=usb is not supported with Linux
    small bug with Enable/Disable Interface that will generate errors
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; December 7, 2014, 08:33 PM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I think I found a bug....Control-M's!

Not sure how it happened. Here is some background.

I copied the Insteon.ini file from my PC to UNIX.
    I initially ran dos2unix on it (to remove all the Control-M's at the end of the lines)
    Looked fine. Fan fine.

After some fiddling from the GUI (both LINUX and WINDOWS)...somehow, some way, they Insteon.ini file once again had ^M at the end of each line.

After that happened, unbeknownst to me, HomeSeer would start but would have no doing with the Insteon plugin.

As soon as I saw the Insteon File with the ^M a the end of lines, I ran the dos2unix againast it again, verified the ^M's were removed (which they were) and then restarted HS3 on linux.

After that the plugin started working again.

So, I think the bug is that somehow, your code is inject ^M at the end of the lines at some point during a config file update. Under Linux, you need to refrain from doing that or allow the Plugin to accept ^M at the end of lines.

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
      Not sure how it happened. Here is some background.

I copied the Insteon.ini file from my PC to UNIX.
      I initially ran dos2unix on it (to remove all the Control-M's at the end of the lines)
      Looked fine. Fan fine.

After some fiddling from the GUI (both LINUX and WINDOWS)...somehow, some way, they Insteon.ini file once again had ^M at the end of each line.

After that happened, unbeknownst to me, HomeSeer would start but would have no doing with the Insteon plugin.

As soon as I saw the Insteon File with the ^M a the end of lines, I ran the dos2unix againast it again, verified the ^M's were removed (which they were) and then restarted HS3 on linux.

After that the plugin started working again.

So, I think the bug is that somehow, your code is inject ^M at the end of the lines at some point during a config file update. Under Linux, you need to refrain from doing that or allow the Plugin to accept ^M at the end of lines.
      thanks for the feedback. I think this is a hs3 issue. the plugin doesn't actually manage the ini, it just makes calls to hs3.

I'll report this as a bug to bugzilla

what flavor of Linux are you running? debian didn't seem to have a problem with ctrl-m's
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

uname -a ->

Linux dell-laptop 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u1 i686 GNU/Linux

Debian 7.5, 32-bit version (on an older laptop)

Comment

forgot to ask what hs3 version you are running?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

hs3_linux_3_0_0_94.tar.gz
            with the .50 plugin (Insteon)

Comment

thanks. I'm checking with HST on this issue, and locally myself

if this is an hs3 bug, we'll have to wait for a nwe hs3 beta to go further
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I just loaded an insteon.ini from my windows directly onto my Linux box and started hs3 successfully.

hst confirmed that an ini from windows should work on a Linux. they account for the ctrl-m when reading key values.

please post your original windows insteon.ini and the error log with the errors you are getting.
                Last edited by mnsandler; July 17, 2014, 12:16 PM.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Don't know what to tell you!?

When I was screwing around with it yesterday...
                  It just would not start/load the Insteon plugin.

I looked at the config file and removed the control-Ms (dos2unix Insteon.ini)

Then tried starting and it worked fine.

I did a few reboots and unplugging and replugging of the interface.

The only thing that did anything was removing the control-Ms.

I just looked, and in fact, they are back.

I stopped hs3 cleanly via the GUI and then started it back up.
                  No problems!

The worst kind of bug....un-reproducible!

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
                    Don't know what to tell you!?

When I was screwing around with it yesterday...
                    It just would not start/load the Insteon plugin.

I looked at the config file and removed the control-Ms (dos2unix Insteon.ini)

Then tried starting and it worked fine.

I did a few reboots and unplugging and replugging of the interface.

The only thing that did anything was removing the control-Ms.

I just looked, and in fact, they are back.

I stopped hs3 cleanly via the GUI and then started it back up.
                    No problems!

The worst kind of bug....un-reproducible!

Sorry.
                    no worries. did you capture any errors in the insteon error report.log file?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Nope. Sorry. Looks like homeseer linux only has current and previous and kills all other logs. So, stoppping it and restarting it effectively killed the useful logs.

Comment

Ok. well let me know if you find any other issues with the linux version. please post the "config\insteon error report.log" this is what is useful to me for debugging.

thanks for trying/testing this
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi
                          installed your beta version and i noticed a few things
                          the open/close module that i use for windows blind do not have the slider option but only open/close

the fanlinc doesnt have off/low/med/high but just on/off

Comment

have you tried deleting the device and re-registering it?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Does this plug in support Insteon Hub?

I got tired of waiting for HS3 to support the CM11 USB interface so I purchased a Insteon Hub with plans to slowly migrate some of my x10 stuff to Insteon. Will this plug in support this hub?

Comment

Working...
                              X