Netatmo Welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netatmo Welcome

I hope they release an API for this product. I would love to hook this into HomeSeer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwPxRbiSgk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2RdbAnaiZk

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

yeah please!
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
      yeah please!
      Can you use the Rain Gauge on the same unit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrUhN0vI-KU

or is this a other system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        I hope they release an API for this product. I would love to hook this into HomeSeer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwPxRbiSgk
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2RdbAnaiZk

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        1+
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The device is supposed to be released the second quarter of 2015. I plan on purchasing one to see if it can be integrated with HomeSeer.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

How much there asking?
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The device is $199 and is available now from Netatmo or Amazon. I ordered one and will see what it can do... The API is supposed to be released in July.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

I'll be standing in line for this plugin too
                Last edited by LeoS; June 26, 2015, 07:39 AM.
                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I like it, but I wish they would make a version that is not a tube like that. My house is not really laid out in a way that putting that anywhere would see people coming an going. I don't think my Foyer is big enough and there are 2 ways to go when entering the foyer. Wish they would make a bullet camera version.

That said, it would be cool if it was also another temp/humidity sensor for the netatmo weather station (or maybe it is, in which case, COOL!)

Comment

I have had the Netatmo Welcome for about a week now. It's doing a pretty good job at recognizing faces from about 15 feet away, but it doesn't always see me when I enter the room. It's also having trouble recognizing people that wear glasses (me). I am hoping firmware updates fix this over time.

I am still waiting for the API to be released to determine what's going to be possible as far as a HomeSeer3 plug-in. It should be pretty easy for me to create the plug-in as I have already done 2 other network camera type HomeSeer3 plug-ins.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                      I like it, but I wish they would make a version that is not a tube like that. My house is not really laid out in a way that putting that anywhere would see people coming an going. I don't think my Foyer is big enough and there are 2 ways to go when entering the foyer. Wish they would make a bullet camera version.

That said, it would be cool if it was also another temp/humidity sensor for the netatmo weather station (or maybe it is, in which case, COOL!)
                      The Netatmo Welcome aluminum case acts as a heat sink for the processor (very warn to the touch), so it's unlikely the Netatmo Welcome would ever have any type of environmental sensors.

Comment

This sounds very good. But i'm curious about the reliability of it. Like you say will it always manage to see who is comming/going?

Not sure what scenario i would use this for though. Since for now we use GPS to track. Not sure if this could replace that? Meaning we would not have to have an extra app on the phone just for say GPS.
                        Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

I am working on the Netatmo Plug-in for HomeSeer. Now is the time to ask for features

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          Attached Files

Comment

First question: how well does it work?
                            Originally posted by rprade
                            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                              First question: how well does it work?
                              Are you talking about the welcome camera?

Comment

Working...
                              X