X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the comments! Notifications is definitely something I plan to look into in the future. Same as releasing a Windows universal app.

The idea of adding devices to HomeSeer is interesting. I've been using the Ultramon3 plug in from Ultrajones to track status of several devices connected to my home network and trigger events based on that. It's a pretty reliable way to detect when I turn my TV on/off, or when one of my IP cameras loses wifi connection for example. But I can see how it'd be useful to expose even more information out of some devices. I'll keep that in mind

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    Looks great!

If you make an HS plugin to integrate with, any chance you can add client devices to HS? For example have devices in homeseer for iPhone battery level, free space remaining, or if an update is pending. Also, receiving notifications directly from the plugin on the iPhone would be nice.

Another wish would be--all the same plus more client devices for a windows universal app.

Very cool!

Comment

I'm interested in testing the iOS version as well. Great job!
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Looks very nice!
        Not sure if it is realy that simple since I am not a developer, but Microsoft is stating that they made it easy to port an IOS or Android app to a Windows Universal App. Would you consider doing this? At the moment we Windows Phone users have only one option, and this is InControl. InControl is not to bad but development seems to have stopped and it lacs cool features like viewing Cams.

thanks in advance for your response,

Martijn.

Comment

avargaskun,

The app is working fine, however it seems really slow. I'm assuming that is because of the number of devices and events that I have (615 & 375).

I don't need all of my devices on the app and I know if I "hide" them in HS they won't show up in HSBuddy. However, a lot of the devices I wouldn't need in your app, I do need in HSTouch, so the "hide" wouldn't work for me.

Another thing, because of the number of devices it takes some time to find the specific device I want to control.

All that aside, I like it.

Comment

I like it as well. I'd like to see collapsable floors as I feel it takes to long to scroll through all the devices I have. I like the favorites feature a lot though.

Comment

Great work! I can test it on my iPad Mini 3. Will be interesting to see how it handles scaling. LMK.

Comment

I have it running on my iPad Mini 3 and it's working well.
                I have the same issues / concerns as others above.

I have over 1000 devices, and hiding them in HS3 is not an option.
                Because of all the devices it loads slowly. If we could filter what shows in the app itself, much like HS3 device page, then that would work great.

No errors yet!

Thank you, looking forward to future updates!

Comment

I have it on my iPhone 6 Plus and it's working good. I don't have as many devices as the other users so it's pretty speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Android version is up

I finally had time to get the Android version of the application released. Here is the download link: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/7915...4f9b7947ac2e67

There is no requirement to register with HockeyApp to download the app but I would strongly encourage doing so. This gets you automated notifications when new builds are released as well as direct email replies when submitting feedback. To submit feedback from the app simply shake your phone when running into an unexpected issue.

There are a few known issues in the Android build:
                    • Download size is big (45MB) and the application may be slow on a cold-start. This is due to libraries needed to support devices with older Android versions.
                    • HS3 only supports the older encryption protocol TLS1.0 for direct connections to the server, which Android no longer supports. For now you can only connect via MyHomeSeer or a non-encrypted direct connection.
                    • Due to the last point, I have temporarily disabled the camera feature in Android builds until I get time to work on an HS3 plug-in for it.

PS. I'm working on a version of the app that supports only Android Lollipop (5.0) and newer. It should generate a smaller package and load a lot faster.
                    PSS. I'll also soon be adding support for hiding devices independently from the configuration on HS3.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
                      Looks very nice!
                      Not sure if it is realy that simple since I am not a developer, but Microsoft is stating that they made it easy to port an IOS or Android app to a Windows Universal App. Would you consider doing this? At the moment we Windows Phone users have only one option, and this is InControl. InControl is not to bad but development seems to have stopped and it lacs cool features like viewing Cams.

thanks in advance for your response,

Martijn.
                      +1 for a Universal Windows app. I would happily test on Windows phone.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                        +1 for a Universal Windows app. I would happily test on Windows phone.
                        Which version would be best to prioritize for Windows, between 8.1 and 10, for both mobile and tablet/PC? Is 8.1 still the most common phone OS version or is the upgrade to 10 available for most devices already? Is anyone left behind with Windows Phone 8.0 that cannot upgrade to 8.1?

I plan to work on the port to both Win8.1 and Win10 (and maybe wp8), just checking which one to do first

Comment

I would steer you towards the Win 10 Universal app. That way you get PC, tablet and phone all at once.

Comment

Working great on my Galaxy Note 5 (Lollipop).
                            Looking forward to the 5.0 only app, and hiding devices.
                            I have over 1500 and it takes a little time to load and scroll, although the favorites works fine for the moment.

Comment

Hi,

I would love to test hte IOS version, how do i join

Bart
                              Regards Bart
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                              HSPRO 3.
                              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

New release 1.0.5 plus native Android 5.0+ build

I got time to release a small update over the weekend, which is the ability to quickly take an action on a device without having to navigate to the device details page. To activate the quick action view, simply long-press an item in the device list and the dialog will show up. The dialog will be hidden when an action is taken or if you tap anywhere else in the screen:

Also, I put together a build for Android 5.0 or newer which has a much smaller APK size, and should in theory run faster. I have not tested this build beyond an emulator. If you download this version to your phone please let me know how it goes!

Builds:

iOS
                                Send me a PM if you are a new user as iOS requires device authorization

Android (all versions)

Android (Lollipop or newer)

Comment

Working...
                                X