Stream Music Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stream Music Videos

is there a way to play music videos on the TV? AirPlay but with Videos on the TV? I understand Apple TV can Mirror the iPhone display, so that may be what I have to do. Is there any other options?

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    is there a way to play music videos on the TV? AirPlay but with Videos on the TV? I understand Apple TV can Mirror the iPhone display, so that may be what I have to do. Is there any other options?
    What TV do you have? Is it DLNA/UPNP complaint? If it is, you can use the MediaController PI but would need to put the music videos on a DLNA complaint server. If you have a PC to spare, you could use Kodi and Spud's PI to create a media PC environment.

Dirk

Comment

KODI does.

Use KODI now for all of the LCD TV STB's. Due to WAF still utilize DTV & DVRs.

Testing some new streaming TV service which has both domestic and international video music channels.

Testing V17 "Krypton" here on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. (and use KodiBuntu) on one LCD and base is current V16 "Jarvis"

Due to changes made by Apple, AirPlay support depends on what version of iOS your sending-device is using:
      iOS 8 or older: Kodi supports audio, video, and pictures.
      iOS 9 or newer: Kodi only supports audio.
      Attached Files
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have an older TV, so it doesn't have Wifi. I was streaming music over Airplay to my Denon, and the TV was showing the artwork. I just thought WTH am I listening to music when I have the Video of the song. I use Tivo for the TV's, so I don't think Kodi could take the Tivo's place. I don't have any downloaded movies or music other than itunes, so I guess Apple Tv would be better for the Main TV location. I'm using Android Tablets for HSTouch, but i'm just starting to build the Media Player in HSTouch. Maybe Kodi can stream to HSTouch?

Ps, Pete, have you ever hung out on an Excel VBA Forum? A guy named Pete always helped me on that forum.

Comment

Working...
        X