Osram Lightify + Hue + Jowi Hue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osram Lightify + Hue + Jowi Hue

Thought I'd share in case anyone else wishes to try this and, it may save some time and pain.

If you try to just add an Osram Lightify RGB lamp to Hue you'll probably fail but I finally found this that helped make it happen with the bulbs straight out the box as it were:

https://recoveringappleholic.wordpre...work-with-hue/

Do exactly as it says, lamp close to the bridge (how close you're guess is as good as mine) leave it off and start Hue Lights searching for bulbs, then with the lamp on and it should find it. Found all three of mine.

They will then show up as "Extended colour bulbs" in Hue and Jowihue and, should be controllable.

I've not had a decent chance to play with them yet but, you can add them to scenes, control from Jowihue, Hue app, Hue Lights etc.

IMO they are significantly brighter than the Hue bulbs.

Pretty cool as I got three Lightify bulbs for the price of one Hue RGB bulb!

K.

kwatt,

Thanks for the help here, with each brand different usage details submerge

I am sure this will help others.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

what were the bulbs that you added? I have tried this several times and no luck

Comment

I had three E27 bulbs and all worked fine though two of them have died.

K.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoheadny View Post
          what were the bulbs that you added? I have tried this several times and no luck
          The problem is that osram sells to Hue compatible lights in EU, but in the US they seem to be different and not match to Philips Hue. At least that was a while ago.... You might be better off using the ConBee/deCONZ combination as this works for others as well.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            The problem is that osram sells to Hue compatible lights in EU, but in the US they seem to be different and not match to Philips Hue. At least that was a while ago.... You might be better off using the ConBee/deCONZ combination as this works for others as well.

Wim
            I have two Osram/Sylvania Smart+ color bulbs. No matter what I did/tried they would never pair with my Hue v2 bridge. They pair and work find direct to an Echo Plus and they work fine with deConz. I do have the Osram hub and the bulbs do have the latest firmware.

Comment

I have a handful of A19 an about 10 5/6 inch color recessed. im very happy with the bulbs, but the lightify interface is like WTF.

I ordered a ConBee 2.4 ZigBee USB stick and will use it on my HS3 Pro Windows 10 PC. Hopefully this works. from what i am reading, my Lightify bulbs should pair with the ConBee, and then the ConBee with my jowihue Plugin.

It arrives Thursday, Ill keep you guys posted.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoheadny View Post
                I have a handful of A19 an about 10 5/6 inch color recessed. im very happy with the bulbs, but the lightify interface is like WTF.

I ordered a ConBee 2.4 ZigBee USB stick and will use it on my HS3 Pro Windows 10 PC. Hopefully this works. from what i am reading, my Lightify bulbs should pair with the ConBee, and then the ConBee with my jowihue Plugin.

It arrives Thursday, Ill keep you guys posted.
                I have the conbee on a w10 laptop. deconz is needed for the conbee.
                Index of /deconz/win
                The conbee works great with the jowihue plugin. I have several osram bulbs, plugs and sengled bulbs and they all work great in the jowihue plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                  I have the conbee on a w10 laptop. deconz is needed for the conbee.
                  Index of /deconz/win
                  The conbee works great with the jowihue plugin. I have several osram bulbs, plugs and sengled bulbs and they all work great in the jowihue plugin.
                  On the basis of this post, I decided to purchase and test out a Sengled bulb (according to my deConz it is model E11-G13; Version 00000009. It is branded as Element Classic.). It was readily found by my deCon Conbee. However, it is not being imported into HomeSeer via JowiHue. Any thoughts for troubleshooting? Thanks. Elliott
                  "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                  "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

On the basis of this post, I decided to purchase and test out a Sengled bulb (according to my deConz it is model E11-G13; Version 00000009. It is branded as Element Classic.). It was readily found by my deCon Conbee. However, it is not being imported into HomeSeer via JowiHue. Any thoughts for troubleshooting? Thanks. Elliott
                    Don't forget to click on the "show all" in the UI. They will come in as jowihue devices if they are already in the plugin.

If not, then Wim will probably have to include this model in the jowihue plugin. Hopefully he will read this and answer tomorrow. If the conbee and deconz can see it then it must be in the Rest API so should be doable.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

Don't forget to click on the "show all" in the UI. They will come in as jowihue devices if they are already in the plugin.

If not, then Wim will probably have to include this model in the jowihue plugin. Hopefully he will read this and answer tomorrow. If the conbee and deconz can see it then it must be in the Rest API so should be doable.
                      Thanks. Hopefully, he can fix this. By the way, I stumbled upon an android smart phone app for Phoscon ("Phoscon-GW"), which controls all my lights in deConz/Conbee, including the Sengled.

EDIT: I just noticed that in the deConz program the Sengled bulb icon has a grey bar on the left and no line connecting it to the icon for the Conbee. All my other lights have a yellow band to the left of their icons and a line connecting to the Conbee. So, despite being able to control it outside of HomeSeer, there may be a problem with deConz/Conbee regarding this light bulb and not with the JowiHue plugin.
                      Last edited by Richel; October 18, 2018, 06:00 AM. Reason: New information
                      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Richel,

The Sengled is an enddevice, not a router. the zigbee standards are expecting lights to be routers and the sengled is not following that expectation. It should not be an issue, other that you cannot expect the sengled to perfrm services for other sensors etc.

I will check if something more is needed for thsi sengled bulb, but as far I can remember I did not have to prepare anything for the bulb to be added.... did you try a restart of the plugin?
                        Last edited by w.vuyk; October 18, 2018, 08:44 AM.
                        -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                          Richel,

The Sengled is an enddevice, not a router. the zigbee standards are expecting lights to be routers and the sengled is not following that expectation. It should not be an issue, other that you cannot expect the sengled to perfrm services for other sensors etc.

I will check if something more is needed for thsi sengled bulb, but as far I can remember I did not have to prepare anything for the bulb to be added.... did you try a restart of the plugin?
                          Wim:

Thanks. Yes, I routinely restart the plugin when I do not find the device after it has scanned for a new devices. I restarted deConz, too, and now I see the light bulb icon as being the same as any light bulb; namely, it has a yellow bar at the left and it is now connected with lines, including a green one to the controller icon.
                          Elliott

Comment

That is a surprise... maybe it is a newer model that supports routing? Good news, but did it also proceed to the plugin? Appearantly deCONZ did not get the basic cluster completed, so maybe now it is also forwarded?

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Wim:

Thanks. Yes, I routinely restart the plugin when I do not find the device after it has scanned for a new devices. I restarted deConz, too, and now I see the light bulb icon as being the same as any light bulb; namely, it has a yellow bar at the left and it is now connected with lines, including a green one to the controller icon.
                              Elliott
                              That is most interesting. I am on deconz 39 because they said 40 had problems. I have 2 sengled element plus adj white bulbs and they have a grey stripe.

Are you on 39 or 40?

What are all the types of sengled bulbs do you have, any like mine?

Comment

Working...
                              X