Two Devices Failed While I Was Away??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Devices Failed While I Was Away??

I have a Linear wall switch and a Aeotec Micro Dimmer that are both not reacting at all. The wall switch still works when using it as a switch but all I have is the red "?" and the Aeotec is not connected to a switch, it's just managed with HS3 so I have some lights stuck on.

I would be really surprised that both units failed while I was away. Any suggestions?

Nov-19 10:24:24 Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 20, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Nov-19 10:24:24 Z-Wave Cannot reach node 20, will not import any information about this node.
    Nov-19 10:24:16 Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 20
    Nov-19 10:24:16 Z-Wave Getting class information for node 20...
    Nov-19 10:24:15 Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
    Nov-19 10:24:15 Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...

Nov-19 10:18:57 Warning Plugin Z-Wave is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Nov-19 10:18:52 Warning Unable to send event to plugin Z-Wave :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-19 10:18:50 Error Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Nov-19 09:44:14 Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 26, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I would be really surprised that both units failed while I was away. Any suggestions?
    Flip the breaker off for a few sec, then power it back on to reset the switches. I have had the same issue randomly. A power reset has always fixed them for me. The Aeotec seems to have done this on me now around 3 times in the last few years.

Comment

Thanks, I just did that on the Linear to no avail. I used the "Replace Node" function and replaced it with the HS WS100+. What a pleasure to not have to jump through hoops to replace a failed device. All the events continued to function as if nothing wrong happened

Luckily, the Aeotec came back to life. Whew, as I couldn't remember which electrical box I hid it in.

FWIW, the two units stopped working at entirely different times and days. Weird. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X