Imperihome Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperihome Update

I got a message from the Imperihome app indicating that there will be a monthly subscription, anyone know what they are talking about?

Thanks,
    Aldo

Saw same... and what's a premium user?????

Comment

Same

Comment

Just got the update with the message. It does appear that if you have already purchased the premium user app from the play store, then the monthly fee won't apply. They say they are adding new services over the next weeks.

My guess is that they are changing their pricing model from a one-time payment for premium to a subscription which will add more than they offer today. So far at least the users who already purchased will be grandfathered in.

Comment

I got this over the weekend too.

Is the "Premium" App the same thing as the "Pro" app? I bought "Pro" but was curious about whether there was something additional I should do?

Comment

Today I got the update which required me to make a user and password for their servers.

It's version 4.0 that came out today.

Added

"Smart City" (which seems to be a France thing)

Account creation

and monthly subscription to get premium.

Comment

I guess at the end of the day, will those with pro and don't need the whatever features they're adding still be able to use the app.

Comment

This is what is on their site describing premium now. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

this is like how photobucket was used by millions... for free... all the truck forums I'm on... and now they want upwards of $400 and I think a year!!! WTH!!!!!!

hah...
                  I use flickr and supermotors.net
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I took it to mean that if you had premium you didn't have to pay the monthly fee. If that is not correct, I will probably stop using Imperihome (which sucks).

I paid the $5 for premium a long time ago on a shared account so that we could put it on all our devices (and only have to pay it once). Granted, that is only mine and my wife's phones. I used to run tablets, but not so much anymore.

Comment

OK it looks like is is not quite as bad as expected:

Current pro users are grandfathered in according to Imperihome tweet. Not sure how long this will last though. I for one would be OK paying something like $10/year for them to keep adding some features. 5 euros a month is way too much. Personally, I think they should put all the smart city stuff in a subscription that can be added to Pro and keep Pro standalone.
                      Attached Files

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

I'm not sure about all this Smart city stuff either. Seems that it doesn't even apply to the USA so doesn't apply to me. So I also think it should be separate and optional.

Comment

At least it seems more clear that Pro and Premium are the same thing. Or that us "Pro" users will be Grandfathered in.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
                            At least it seems more clear that Pro and Premium are the same thing. Or that us "Pro" users will be Grandfathered in.
                            And that's great for some of us that are already a Pro user, but I think PRO is needed for almost everyone. Without it, the App is very limited.

With that said any new homeseer user, my family or anyone I turn onto Imperihome is not going to pay 5.00 or 6.00 a month to have this APP nor would I. So this seems like a very bad thing for the life of Imperihome IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                              And that's great for some of us that are already a Pro user, but I think PRO is needed for almost everyone. Without it, the App is very limited.

With that said any new homeseer user, my family or anyone I turn onto Imperihome is not going to pay 5.00 or 6.00 a month to have this APP nor would I. So this seems like a very bad thing for the life of Imperihome IMO.
                              I agree. Also, how long will we be GF in? FYI there is a mechanism in app to supply feedback. I have used it in the past to request features. I used it to ask them to change this model.

I think there is opportunity for them to add smart city, while not alienating all of the smart home users.

Comment

Working...
                              X