Changes in the works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes in the works?

Just having a look at the various Rain8net Controller plug-ins. The MCSSprinklers plug-in failed to initialize. I saw a thread that said you had made chnages. Perhaps these are in the works? Should I call back later for upload? Or do I need some more background S/w to run it?

Feb-26 2:53:30 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MCSSPRINKLERSP
    Feb-26 2:53:30 PM Info Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP with instance: has disconnected
    Feb-26 2:53:27 PM Error Initializing plug-in(1): MCSSPRINKLERSP Instance::mcsSprinklers InitHW Error Line 0 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-26 2:53:27 PM mcsSprinklers RegisterCallback2 Line Line 0 Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Feb-26 2:53:27 PM Info Plugin MCSSPRINKLERSP has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53772
    Feb-26 2:53:27 PM Plug-In Interface MCSSPRINKLERSP is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.

The problem is that the MySQL dll is not found on your system (needs to be version 6.2.3.0). A common problem is that other version is installed in the HS3 root and the root is searched before \bin\mcsSprinklers for it. The install should have this file in \bin\mcsSprinklers. One option is to put this version in the HS3 root, but if another plugin using a different version has put it there then it could break that other plugin.

Comment

I can't actually locate any file called MySQL.dll in my system. I found the MySql.Data.dll file in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\setup_hs\bin\mcsSprinklers.

Comment

I suggest you delete hspi_mcssprinklersp.exe and install it again from the updates. I think you captured it before I recognized setup_hs was a folder inside the zip.

Comment

that worked - proceeding to setup- thanks!

Comment

During setup there is only one COM port allowed to specify a Rain8Net controller. If I have two master controllers on separate COM ports, is there a way to set them both up in one s/w instance?

Comment

Yes you specify how many master controllers you have and there will be a port for each. The manual should describe it

Comment

Reloading McsSprinklers plugin after testing others

After testing several plugins I like the McsSprinklers the best for the options and logic layout. When I tried to reload it after testing other plug-ins, I cant seem now to connect via the COM port to the Rain8 unit.
                When I reload the program, are there system files I should delete first to get a fresh start to ensure smooth initiation? I tested the Rain8 connection with the Rain8 config program outside Homeseer so I know the Port works and accesses the Controller Module OK but the McsSprinker I/O activity log shows no access to the port.

Current Date/Time: 3/11/2018 9:27:27 AM
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 19 Minutes 26 Seconds
                IP Address: 192.168.1.111
                Number of Devices: 524
                Number of Events: 233
                Available Threads: 800

Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
                2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                2.0.35.0: BLSecurity
                1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
                2.0.22.0: BLUPS
                3.0.6.3: Insteon Thermostat
                3.0.6.23: Insteon
                2.18.0.4: MCSSPRINKLERSP

Comment

There is nothing to delete. If something else is connected to the port then mcsSprinklers cannot open it. If it tries and fails there should be a message in the log. The port is defined on the Rain8/Devices page and a zone needs to be setup via Wiring-Layout Pages with auto and manual times specified before mcsSprinklers will attempt to open port.

Comment

works - thanks.
                    Another question - when a valve is opened manually on the Rain8net Master Controller, is the change in status relayed back to the plug-in via the serial COM? Currently my McsSprinklers plug-in installation does not do this, but I wasn't sure if it was designed to.

Comment

Yes and no. The Rain8 uses a command-response protocol. It has no way to initiate a communication to inform something on the other end of the serial port of a state change.

The protocol that is initiated by the PC does have the ability to request status. You can setup mcsSprinklers to periodically poll for status. This is primarily designed so mcsSprinklers will command a valve off if it has not scheduled it and the status shows it is on. This would mean that if you used the button on the Rain8 mcsSprinklers would command it back off (or on if you tried to manually stop it).

Comment

Working...
                      X