www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > ISY Plug-in Beta (3P)

Old March 8th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Seer

Constant restarting and error 400-Bad Request after ISY 5.0.12/ISY PI 3.0.1.3 update

Bob,

Just recently upgraded my ISY to 5.0.12 and your plugin to the latest version 3.0.1.3 I believe. After that upgrade, I noticed the attached errors in my event log.

Have a lot of these messages in the attached image file, and also these below, where the plugin effectively reloads.

Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Restart : -> _0120
Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Restart : Last message received before restart
Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Bottom of subscription thread loop
Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Attemp to close TcpClient
Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon Read exited with False
Mar-08 3:53:26 PM ISYInsteon read : The subscription connection to ISY has failed.

Any ideas?

By the way, since your PI is out of beta, you should get your forum name changed.

Thanks
Attached Images

Plugins: Insteon ISY 3.0.1.3 | BLBackup | BLDenon | BLOnkyo | Device History | EasyTrigger | Harmony Hub | Honeywell WiFi Thermostat | HSTouch | ImperiHome | ISYInsteon | JowiHue | MyQ | NetCAM | SceneMaster | SONOS | UltraLog3 | UltraM1G3 | UltraMon3
Platform: Windows 10 Pro on ESXi 6.5 Host
Old March 9th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruderthanyou View Post
Bob,

Just recently upgraded my ISY to 5.0.12 and your plugin to the latest version 3.0.1.3 I believe. After that upgrade, I noticed the attached errors in my event log.

Have a lot of these messages in the attached image file, and also these below, where the plugin effectively reloads.
Sorry it took a while for me to respond. I just upgraded my ISY to 5.0.12 so I could check if there was something changed in that firmware that might cause this. But everything looks good on my end.

What was your process for updating? Did you do the firmware upgrade while the plug-in was running? It looks like the ISY closed the connector (or went away) while the plug-in was running and it will attempt to reconnect when that happens.

Is this continuing to happen or was it a just a bunch of connection restarts over a fixed period of time?

Lastly, have you restarted the plug-in manually since upgrading the firmware? If not, please do that to make sure the plug-in has up-to-date information from the ISY.
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Old March 13th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Seer

Bob,

Disregard this issue. Finally found the root cause which is related to my Z-Net which is configured for only one static IP, but has for an unknown reason, two different IP addresses on the same wired interface, the configured static one and a DHCP assigned one. Anyway, that DHCP assigned address happened to be the same as my ISY.

So this explains the constant disconnects I was having as two identical IP's on the same network is a very bad thing. Now to deal with my messed up Z-Net.

Thanks again,
Old March 14th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Super Seer

I'm glad you found the problem, duplicate IP address can be a real pain.

I've moved away from static IP's and just use IP reservations on the router for everything except for a few devices that just get normal DHCP leases. Of course this has it's own issues if the router is acting up and not handing out IP address or the if the devices start up in the wrong order after a power outage and fail to connect.