No announcement yet.

Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your issue is the version of Mono being used on the Zee (or Linux for that matter).

Unfortunately, there are only certain Mono versions that work with ASP.NET web pages which is why you are getting this error.
    Jon

Comment

Ok, thanks for the quick response. I was afraid of that. You might want to remove it from the "Linux compatible" section on your download page.

Comment

Originally posted by beboyle View Post
        Ok, thanks for the quick response. I was afraid of that. You might want to remove it from the "Linux compatible" section on your download page.
        It is compatible if you have the right version of Mono installed

I have no control of that......

I have both a Zee and Ubuntu NUC where it works fine. I have not updated Mono on either of these.
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon.

Been using the documenter since it was in beta. Loved it....but today I started getting this error on the wepage.

Oops! Something went wrong. Try a page refresh.

Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode8.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

HS Log shows the following three error entries:

Jun-30 8:13:23 PM Jon00_EventView Error in Main Block 14h: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at scriptcode8.VBWrapper.Main(Object MyData)

Jun-30 8:13:23 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 2: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) at scriptcode8.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)

Jun-30 8:13:23 PM Jon00_EventView Error in EventData Block 1: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode8.VBWrapper.EventData(String EventID)

Any thoughts? Running 3.0.0.420 on Windows10 Pro. I currently have 472 events.
          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

The error indicates that it was unable to parse Homeseer's event page and timed out. Have you changed any settings such as not allowing local logins?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              The error indicates that it was unable to parse Homeseer's event page and timed out. Have you changed any settings such as not allowing local logins?

Local logins are allowed and no other changes recently, other than adding another plugin, which I do have a lot of.

Although, from the default browser (Edge), I cannot open any webservices when connecting through the normal ip address (10.x.x.x), only 127.0.0.1:Portnumber, but all other browsers (IE, Chrome) do connect on the 10.x.x.x ip address, so this may not be relevant.

Is it possible that it's just timing out? I have a pretty complex system with a ton of plugins. But I have a ton of horsepower and hardware backing it up. CPU rarely spikes above 25%, and there's 45GB free RAM.
              Last edited by Mr_Resistor; July 1, 2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

If you go to the 'About HomeSeer', it would use the first LAN IP Address (it uses the hs.GetIPAddress command)
                Jon

Comment

If you go to the 'About HomeSeer', it would use the first LAN IP Address (it uses the hs.GetIPAddress command)
                  Only one LAN IP listed.. 10.x.x.x

Comment

I don't really know then. The only thing that affects performance is the number of events. I know Randy Prade uses it with over 500 events.

The thing is, if it was working before, something must have changed on your system to cause this.
                    Jon

Comment

I don't really know then. The only thing that affects performance is the number of events. I know Randy Prade uses it with over 500 events.

The thing is, if it was working before, something must have changed on your system to cause this.
                      I'm sure it's something on my end....was just hoping to get a clue where to look.

Comment

Over 1500 events and no issues.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.451
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                        Number of Devices: 2377
                        Number of Events: 1504
                        Last edited by randy; July 1, 2018, 02:24 PM.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Will this find events with speech commands in them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
                            Will this find events with speech commands in them?
                            Yes, it will filter on Events that have a Voice Command entered. It will display Events that have a Voice Command but not if "Include as Voice Command" is selected without entering a Voice Command.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1198445
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

is there a way to make this work with the latest up to date mono package?

Comment

I have no control over this. Either recent versions of Mono no longer support ASPX web pages (unlikely) or HST needs to see what has changed in Mono and make them work again with HS3.

(One of the disadvantages you moving from Windows to Linux)
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X