Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Ahh, didn't realize scene discovery was different than device discovery. I tried that and still got nothing. I have added text to the voice command field and checked the box for include as voice command. I've restarted Homeseer a couple of times as well.

Did you give your events a voice command name (under the event name) ? And you did run the scene discorvery (not sure if thats what its called in the Alexa app), and still no scenes discovered ?

Comment

Success!

I've got Alexa working with Events! Thanks again for the help Mikee123!

It makes me wonder why Homeseer set the recognition phrase to "Turn On"???

My Event command is "Alexa, Turn on "Lights Off Study"". It would have been to better to trigger events with the word - Run.

"Alexa, Run "Lights Off Study"" is much more logical!

Comment

You can achieve that effect with Alexa routines. Set the routine to respond to "Run Lights off Study" and link the phrase to the Homeseer scene.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          Did you give your events a voice command name (under the event name) ? And you did run the scene discorvery (not sure if thats what its called in the Alexa app), and still no scenes discovered ?

Yeah, I did that. Turns out I was running the wrong Alexa skill. It's very confusing that there are three. Now that I have the right skill it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
            You can achieve that effect with Alexa routines. Set the routine to respond to "Run Lights off Study" and link the phrase to the Homeseer scene.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
            I see the three named scenes I imported from Homeseer in the SCENE section of the Alexa app. Where do I set up a "Routine" on the app?

Comment

In the Alexa app, Home (3 lines top left), Routines. There you can set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                In the Alexa app, Home (3 lines top left), Routines. There you can set it up.
                Thanks! Just set it up here from my office. Can't wait to try it out when I get home . . .

Comment

Hello,
                  I am still using the UK version of the Skill HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API) WITH a FRENCH LANGUAGE that I have installed from the Amazon UK site, before Amazon geolocates the skills.

The activation of the devices (On / Off), (Allume /Eteint in French) works properly and the triggering of events.

It even recognizes devices with accented characters (eg allume le stérélisateur...)

It is unfortunate that this skill is not available to other French-speaking users

Jean-Francois

Comment

In the UK the Amazon Skill Store is now only showing the HomeSeer SmartHome skill. I realized stuff wasn't working earlier this week and unlinked both the SmartHome and Automation skills but now I can only enable the SmartHome one.
                    Unfortunately, despite repeated reboots and fiddling, the Alexa device discovery cant find any HomeSeer devices or events. All needed devices have the voice command box checked as do several events. MyHS is working OK and the HomeSeer skill enables and shows the MyHS login prompt then prompts for the device discovery which doesn't find anything other than the existing 21 wemo, hue and Ring devices.

Any ideas?

Comment

I'm in the same boat fatlab

Comment

Gents, I logged a support and Greg assisted me yesterday.

As a fix he suggested trying adding only one new device at a time, so I deselected ALL devices from Voice Control then set one device... Alexa found it.
                        I then added one more, this worked too.

i had to spend a bit of time but i got all the devices working in the end!

Comment

This may explain a problem I just started having. There have been times where I deleted a device from the Alexa app but if you didn't turn on the voice control in the device they would add them selves back. Sometimes I found the need to do this to get a device working again. I did this the other day with a virtual device but now it won't add it back. I'd hate to have to go back and turn off all of them then turn them back on. Need to do some more checking.
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Tech support are working on a solution, the above was an interim

Comment

Originally posted by Fatlab View Post
                              In the UK the Amazon Skill Store is now only showing the HomeSeer SmartHome skill. I realized stuff wasn't working earlier this week and unlinked both the SmartHome and Automation skills but now I can only enable the SmartHome one.
                              Unfortunately, despite repeated reboots and fiddling, the Alexa device discovery cant find any HomeSeer devices or events. All needed devices have the voice command box checked as do several events. MyHS is working OK and the HomeSeer skill enables and shows the MyHS login prompt then prompts for the device discovery which doesn't find anything other than the existing 21 wemo, hue and Ring devices.

Any ideas?
                              I sent a detailed mail to support@homeseer.com earlier this week but I've not even had acknowledgement of the request for support.

Dave

Comment

I've also logged something with the support email, got an acknowledgement no of 30748 and I'll see what the solution is...I'm not adding one device at a time for 50 odd devices!

Comment

Working...
                                X