MCA88X support request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCA88X support request

Hi -- first , thanks for your PIs -- i use a few of them.
    So i replaced a NuVo system with Russound -- 16 zones using 2 MCA88X controllers. System works well; apps work fine; sources all play, etc.

BUT, my fault, i didn't read the details on your PI before i did the upgrade and just assumed the current controllers would work. :-(

I've got partial success by choosing the CAV6.6 controller (which is wrong of course) and creating 16 zones. The first 6 zones work great... but i get random weird stuff on all zones 7-16 -- status, control, HStouch, etc all just does crazy things which i'm sure is predictable (in hindsight).

Would be wonderful if we could get support for the MCA88's. Seems like it's pretty close as the base comms works fine. I'm happy to help test if want.
    thanks...

can i at least get a response, even if it's "no" ? thx

Comment

The ACA-E5, CAS44, CAA66, CAM6.6, CAV6.6 Russound audio controllers are supported. I tested the plug-in with the CAV6.6. I tried working with Russound to add support for other controllers but they abruptly stopped replying.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

ok appreciate the response. it's frustrating when manufacturers act that way. i know there are others using HS3 who want to use/buy the MCA88.... i'm an authorized Russound dealer -- mind if I ping them about it?

Comment

I am interested in support for MCA88, MCA88x as well. "CA"s are discontinued so the future is MCAs.

Comment

I'm interested as well.. Had the CAV6.6 configuration working for my MCA-88X for quite a while.. Recently, however, the source numbers aren't being selected correctly, and I can't seem to get it straightened out.. Would love to have a real MCA-88X configuration option with streamer support. Hope Russound comes around.

Comment

I wonder if the answer might be found in URC Total Control?
              Based in Newmarket, New Hampshire, Russound continues to design and manufacture innovative products that sound great, are easy to install and simple to use, and that offer great value. Russound delivers a complete range of multiroom audio systems, source equipment, volume controls, amplifiers, loudspeakers and intercom systems. They believe their products are the finest of their kind on the market and remain dedicated as ever to providing their customers with the right products for the job.
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
              X