Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eventlog: Current Day not selectable in Date Range

Hello!

Maybe it's because I am living in Europe/Austria - in another timezone than U.S. - but in the morning I cannot select the current day in the EventLog...
    If I reset the filter I see log entries from today, but it's not selectable:

How can i get rid of that?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Chris
    Attached Files

Any solution to this? I'm having the same issue, can only select yesterday in the Date Range. I've rebooted HomeSeer, I've tried different browsers, nothing seems to help. It is now almost 11am EST. I don't seem to have these issues in the afternoons, so perhaps it will work after 12pm.. maybe the programmers simply got confused with 12am midnight and 12pm noon? Still I should be able to select previous days before yesterday, that also is not an option at the moment.
    Attached Files

Comment

Now it is a little later in the day and the Date Range has updated itself to today.. however still I can only select today, no other dates which makes the whole Date Range rather useless.

Could it be that the programmers got confused between midnight and noon, maybe it rolls over to the next day at noon instead of midnight?
      Attached Files

Comment

Anybody? I've upgraded to Mono 5.4.1 and also HS3 beta 404 and the problem still persists. Very annoying that I cannot filter the log properly, especially when it only allows me to select yesterday's date.

Comment

OK so I deleted the /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs/HomeSeerLog.hsd file and restarted HS3. A new blank log database was created.

The date range picker then showed me today's date and I was able to filter the log properly. Not sure if this fixed the issue completely, I'll know better tomorrow, but looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
            OK so I deleted the /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs/HomeSeerLog.hsd file and restarted HS3. A new blank log database was created.

The date range picker then showed me today's date and I was able to filter the log properly. Not sure if this fixed the issue completely, I'll know better tomorrow, but looks promising.
            Well this hasn't fixed the issue, still can only pick yesterday's date from the date range pickers unless I wait until later in the afternoon when magically I can select only today's date.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue? How do I resolve this, it is seriously impacting my ability to see when my events have fired as I can't filter on anything that happened today.

Comment

I was playing around with some settings and now suddenly the log filtering is working properly. What I did was I changed the Max Log Size of the log under Tools > Setup to 500MB instead of the 32MB I had before. Also, I noticed that the Time Zone field was blank so I set that to CA America/Toronto (although sunrise and sunset and such had been working fine). I don't think I made any other changes but then noticed that log filtering was working some hours later. I haven't tried to change those settings back to see if it breaks the log filtering again (as I need the log filtering on a daily basis), but definitely a bug somewhere in HS...

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
                I was playing around with some settings and now suddenly the log filtering is working properly. What I did was I changed the Max Log Size of the log under Tools > Setup to 500MB instead of the 32MB I had before. Also, I noticed that the Time Zone field was blank so I set that to CA America/Toronto (although sunrise and sunset and such had been working fine). I don't think I made any other changes but then noticed that log filtering was working some hours later. I haven't tried to change those settings back to see if it breaks the log filtering again (as I need the log filtering on a daily basis), but definitely a bug somewhere in HS...
                I too am having this issue. I deleted the Log file and restarted homeseer and now it shows today's date. Will see whether this fixed the problem longer term - i.e. corrupted file.

Comment

I am having the same issue - deleted the log file and now I can at least see today's date but cannot pick any other dates.

Now this might be because the log file now only has entries from today. However, looking at other posters I am guessing tomorrow it will only show me the day before and no ability to specify a date range?

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                    I am having the same issue - deleted the log file and now I can at least see today's date but cannot pick any other dates.

Now this might be because the log file now only has entries from today. However, looking at other posters I am guessing tomorrow it will only show me the day before and no ability to specify a date range?
                    I think this was fixed within the last few beta releases. Rich and I exchanged emails early last month addressing the issue and it seemed to be fixed with 3.0.0.423. Even when the problem was still there, it would clear up within 48-72 hours of deleting the log.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Still an issue, my last selectable date is the 30th, 5 days ago.

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows)

Comment

Still not working

Hello!

Unfortunately this is still not working.
                        Inbetween I thought this was an issue because I had symbolic linked the
                        log file to an external drive (because it got to big) - but now I switched
                        the hometroller S6 pro to a 120GB SSD and moved all external Data to
                        the system partition - it just worked until the log file nearly reached the
                        size I provided in the settings, and now i see the current log, modified
                        date today, 7:00 am, but can only select 14.7.2018 (2018-07-14)...

That really sucks... a system that costs 1000$ cannot write it's log!?

Regards, Chris

Comment

Just checked mine and I can see three days worth of logs, nothing more. Of course there are a lot more than just three days. I think there is a bug tracker on the homeseer site and this should be logged?

Comment

Correction, I can only ever see two days worth of logs. Is there a way to get to the logs separately? I am trying to debug several issues and this is very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X