Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with IR

Hello Bruce,

I have an SECU16IR connected to my Leopard 1 unit that is connected and set up. The leopard was connected to a different computer than my Hometroller S6 Pro when it was set up and the IR trained. Apparantly the IR codes are still saved in leopard 1. First of all, is this correct?

I went to the configuration page for IR and it shows bank 0-10. Not sure what this means (maybe secu16 units 1-16 I assume)? I have one secu16 so selected bank 0. Underneath the banks it shows Ocelot U0 and Secu16IR U4. I selected Secu16IR U4. Then it shows 16 zones (0-15). I have IR outputs connected to zones 6 and 7. When I select the zones there are check boxes for IR0-IR99.

ON the leopard the codes were saved like this:

MBStereo,TV on
    MBStereo,TV off, etc.

Can I still use these names or do I need to select and check for instance IR0 Box and retrain the IR Code to IR0,etc. and these IR0-IR99 selections would be the new IR names used by HS3 events. Also I assume there are 100 codes for each zone? Also again do I need to retrain over again or not with your plugin in HS3? Looking forward to your reply !!!! Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Hello Bruce,

I have an SECU16IR connected to my Leopard 1 unit that is connected and set up. The leopard was connected to a different computer than my Hometroller S6 Pro when it was set up and the IR trained. Apparantly the IR codes are still saved in leopard 1. First of all, is this correct?

Yes that is correct

I went to the configuration page for IR and it shows bank 0-10. Not sure what this means (maybe secu16 units 1-16 I assume)? I have one secu16 so selected bank 0. Underneath the banks it shows Ocelot U0 and Secu16IR U4. I selected Secu16IR U4. Then it shows 16 zones (0-15). I have IR outputs connected to zones 6 and 7. When I select the zones there are check boxes for IR0-IR99.

In the GTS-CPUXA plugin, I used IR banks as way to keep from putting 1024 checkboxes on a single screen. If you look in each bank you will see that it is a "segment" of the 1024 IR locations.

Copied from the online help:
    Ocelots/Leopards have 1024 (0-1023) IR locations that can have IR codes learned to them. The Secu16IR can be thought of as an "IR manifold". The Secu16IR does not hold IR locations, it provides additional "pipes" (ports/zones) for the IR signals to be sent.

Just remember that IR locations are stored in the Ocelot not the Secu16IR and each location can store 1 IR command. IR locations can be sent through the Ocelot's IR Emmitter port or any Secu16IR(s) port(s).

ON the leopard the codes were saved like this:

MBStereo,TV on
    MBStereo,TV off, etc.

Can I still use these names or do I need to select and check for instance IR0 Box and retrain the IR Code to IR0,etc. and these IR0-IR99 selections would be the new IR names used by HS3 events. Also I assume there are 100 codes for each zone? Also again do I need to retrain over again or not with your plugin in HS3? Looking forward to your reply !!!! Rick

If you know what IR command is stored in the IR location, just check the appropriate checkbox for where your emmiter is connected and rename the device. Relearning is not needed.

Hi Rick,
    I replied to each of your issues above.
    The plugin's online help is here. In the Configuration/IR Tab Section it explains the questions you are asking.
    Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

I'm not sure what IR codes I have stored in the different locations? How would I go about finding out this information or would it be better to just retain the IR commands? Was wondering if there is a way on my new Hometroller S6 Pro to find out what codes are stored where? Thanks again Bruce !!!!!! Rick

Comment

Rick,
        If you don't have a record of what IR command is in what IR location, the only way to find out would be to execute the commands and see what they do. Otherwise you will need to relearn them.
        Bruce

Comment

The AppDig forum used to have links to a Windows IR editor that could read and save the Ocelot/CPUXA/Leopard IR files. It has a field for description, but I don't know if Homeseer uses that field. I believe Homeseer just saves them sequentially.

If you can't find the editor online anymore just PM me or respond here and I can post a copy. Back in the day I used it to copy IR commands into the Ocelot without having to learn command. The editor reads some of the common IR exchange formats. You can also use it to move commands around between locations.

Comment

Hello Bruce,

I have IR Emitters connected to zone 6 and 7 of the secu16ir unit according to the secu16ir manual. I selected the ir configuration page in your plugin and selected bank 0 and my secu16ir unit number. I selected zone 6 (according to the secu16ir manual) and then I selected ir0 in bank 0. Then I went to the tab to learn an ir code and when asked I pushed the remote control button for the device I wanted to control and the plugin said it was learned and I selected done. I went back to the device management page and there was the ir device as expected. When I selected send from the device management page nothing happened. I noticed on the activity led on the secu16ir unit when I selected send that something was being sent as the activity led changed at the moment I sent the ir command. The only thing I can think of is that the zone configuration they show in the secu16ir manual is not the same as your definitions of zone numbers? Could this be the case and if not any suggestions for me to look into? If you search on secu16ir manual in google, etc it will bring up a link to the manual showing the zone number configuration. I assume however you have looked at this many times. Any help on this is appreciated !!!! Thanks again....Rick
            Last edited by Rick Bonari; March 11, 2018, 12:04 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Bruce,

Please see my previous post before this one. I have a Leopard 1 panel that I assume works like an ocelot unit except has a touch screen. I noticed when I go into the ir learn mode with your plugin and click on learn if I don't send any remote ir function to it it times out and says location learned even when I don't send it anything? Is this normal? It doesn't appear to be learning the codes at all. Seems if it recognized the ir code training wise it would do so fairly quickly. Takes along time for the location trained message to come back and I think at this point it has timed out and hasn't actually learned the code. I'm lost now as to what is going on. Any suggestions on what to try next? Thanks again....Rick
              Last edited by Rick Bonari; March 11, 2018, 01:44 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Hi Rick,
                Not sure what is going on with your system as I do not have a Leopard for testing. Everything I read on Leopards says it should work the same as an Ocelot. I have tested an Ocelot system with 4 Secu16IR units and everything works as expected.

When learning you hit the Prepare to Learn button, then press the learn button, then press the remote button. If the location got learned, it will immediately say it was learned. If you intentionally do not press an IR remote button it will eventually timeout and say it was learned. I believe I had to do that for a reason but it has been awhile

I just tested my system in the my lab. After I press the Learn button, then press the remote button, the IR/X10 led lights up on the ocelot, the the plugin immediately says the location was learned. Then when I go back to the device page and hit the Send IR button the IR emitter I have plugged into the Secu16IR flashes.

The only thing I can think of suggesting would be trying to get it all to work with CMax. I have links to CMax and IRMax in the plugin description sticky at the top of this forum.

Comment

I noticed in my configuration page for the ir that under the banks are two selections. One says ocelot 0 and the other says secu16ir (u4). What is the ocelot 0 selection for? Why does it say ocelot and not leopard? Thanks again Bruce..Rick

Comment

I noticed in my configuration page for the ir that under the banks are two selections. One says ocelot 0 and the other says secu16ir (u4). What is the ocelot 0 selection for?

It should say Ocelot U0. Which means "Unit 0"... its the master unit. In your case it is your Leopard.

Why does it say ocelot and not leopard?

Because I did not have a Leopard to test while programming.

Thanks again Bruce..Rick
                    Bruce

Comment

Should I be selecting the Ocelot U0 or the SECU16IR(U4)? Why would I select the Ocelot U0? Thanks Again....Rick

Comment

Should I be selecting the Ocelot U0 or the SECU16IR(U4)?

If you have your emitter(s) plugged into the Secu16IR you would use SECU16IR(U4), because that will create devices that will send the IR command stored in the Leopard to the correct port on your Secu16IR.

Why would I select the Ocelot U0?

You would use this if you had your Emitter plugged into the Ocelot/Leopard.

Thanks Again....Rick

Bruce

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Is there a chance that you might be able to check wit addicon support to see what difference there might be between the ocelot and leopard units when it comes to ir and ir training with secu16ir unit attached. You know better what to ask the support people. I wouldn't have a clue. I would appreciate it and it may be something obvious.
                          Also if I were able to train ir with cmax, what would the procedure be to use the trained codes with your plugin? Would I need to still use your ir configuration tab to select secu16ir(u4) but would I have to associate the location from cmax to the location in your plugin (ir1,ir2.....)?
                          I was able to locate the names of the ir devices that were trained using cmax on my old homeseer 1.7 system. They should still be stored in the leopard unit. The names that I found were for example:

MBTV,on/off
                          MBStereo,Volume/Down
                          Etc.

Would this be acceptable information to use with your plugin?

Thanks much for hanging in there with me !!!!!! Rick

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Is there a chance that you might be able to check wit addicon support to see what difference there might be between the ocelot and leopard units when it comes to ir and ir training with secu16ir unit attached. You know better what to ask the support people. I wouldn't have a clue. I would appreciate it and it may be something obvious.

You will have to do that Rick, you really should get familiar with your equipment if you want to be able to use it on your own. Get with ADI tech support and see if they will teach you how to use CMax if you are unwilling to venture there alone.. Don't be afraid to learn by trial and error, that is how most of us got to where we are

Also if I were able to train ir with cmax, what would the procedure be to use the trained codes with your plugin? Would I need to still use your ir configuration tab to select secu16ir(u4) but would I have to associate the location from cmax to the location in your plugin (ir1,ir2.....)?

The IR locations are stored in Ocelot/Leopard. Once you learn a location, create a device for whatever port you will be using.

I was able to locate the names of the ir devices that were trained using cmax on my old homeseer 1.7 system. They should still be stored in the leopard unit. The names that I found were for example:

MBTV,on/off
                            MBStereo,Volume/Down
                            Etc.

Would this be acceptable information to use with your plugin?

You need to know the name's location numbers, those names don't mean anything to the plugin.

Thanks much for hanging in there with me !!!!!! Rick
                            Bruce

Comment

Rick, you may already realize this, but just to nail it home in case not:

All of your IR codes you have taught to your Leopard, are still in there. They are stored in different "slots".

When you are setting up the plugin, you just have to tell the plugin which slots it should use for a code. So if you have some outside record of which IR signal lives in which "slot", you just create the "slot pointers" so to speak, in the plugin.

You mentioned in previous posts that you have a list consisting of names like this:
                              MBTV,on/off
                              MBStereo,Volume/Down

If that list also has the slot or location identifier that the Leopard is using to store each code, you would then check the box for that "slot" in the Plugins Config-->IR tab. So if your list is something like this:

MBTV,on/off - IR1 if its a single toggle code
                              or
                              MBTV,on/off - IR1/IR2 if its two discrete codes

To enter the first option above in the plugin, for my setup (Ocelot only)
                              I go to Config-->IR tab, click "Bank 0" , then Ocelot U0, and for the first example above, I would then check the box IR1 to create that slot in Plugin.

Then go back to devices, open that device and name it, "MBTV,on/off".

If your MBTV,on/off codes are two discrete codes, like in the second example you would check the box for IR1 and IR2, then go Devices and name IR1 slot -MBTV,on" and IR2 slot, "MBTV,off".

If you have no "slot" references in your existing list, you will need to retrain to slots fresh. If you end up re-training to slots from within CMAX, you would write down the slot you used for each one, and then enter that in the plugin same as above. (you are just creating your own list). But if you can figure out the training process from within the Plugin, that would be easier of course. I think what BRuce is suggesting regarding CMAX, is prove you can learn a code using Leopard's native program (CMAX), then if that works, then you can work on training via the plugin. (but training is ONLY needed if you dont have a "slot" to code reference document)

randy

Comment

Working...
                              X