Discussions related to HS3 Beta build 3.0.0.449

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
    My gut instinct here is that many users are suffering from beta fatigue and have decided not to jump on board the current round of beta testing. Personally I had decided not to partake in this round of testing either but as the subject of problems was raised here I decided to update one of the Pi3 boards.

All tested and found to be working fine. Raspbian Stretch and Mono 5.12

In light of the fact that many Windows users have not loaded .445 you may have difficulty apportioning the fault to either Windows or HS3 but hopefully you do isolate the problem. It does seem odd that everything was working fine prior to the latest Windows update.

Unfortunately the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule does not apply in your case as the Windows update was forced upon you.
    I have .445 running on my test box. Unfortunately I don't have data to use for comparison as I'm constantly adding/deleting devices and I wouldn't consider it "stable" from any rational point of view due to the development that I'm doing.

Comment

In light of the fact that many Windows users have not loaded .445 you may have difficulty apportioning the fault to either Windows or HS3 but hopefully you do isolate the problem.
      It happened with the last official release too (.435). That's why I updated.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy
        Will probably try to install homeseer on a linux board soon. I will lost 3 or so plugins...but hope they convert soon ( eg. blgdata).

My main concern is the ability to easy start an application on my windows pc. (Right now hs3 is on my main pc (i use hs3 to load web page , office, kodi with a batch converted to .exe (instant opening ), etc))

I know i can use jon00 remote control tool on windows... but i think there is nothing for linux
        I just switched to Linux servers 18.04 for hs3 ! I wont go back on windows.

Took all the day (started with debian ... but it was buggy as hell) but i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
          I just switched to Linux servers 18.04 for hs3 ! I wont go back on windows.

Took all the day (started with debian ... but it was buggy as hell) but i like it.
          Debian is not for the faint hearted. Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) could possibly be a better starting point. Either way as you say you won't be going "back".

Unless your HS3 is packed with plugins it might be worth trying out a single board computer solution like the Raspberry Pi or the Rock64 if you're not already doing so.

Comment

Here installed Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 64 bit on two Lenova laptops and it tooks some 15 minutes.

I am doing this in preparation to migration two Homeseer 3 boxes over to Ubuntu 18.04 server.

Concurrently I split the laptops to dual boot to Windows 10 18.04/Redstone 64bit.

This is a bit different from earlier laptop set ups using a base of Ubuntu then an Oracle Windows VB of XP, W7 and W10.

I am now using PlayOnLinux (which is Wine) to bring some Microsoft products over as icons on my desktop and so far they all work. I am impressed. (security panel software, UPB management, Visio, et al). Will be trying the PlayOnLinux approach for Microsoft SAPI just to see if it works.

Wine and PlayOnLinux do an al la carte piece meal construction of what is needed to run a Windows piece of software in Linux.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

16th of June, 2018

Still running V.435 but thinking my issue is a purely related to current Updater.

Noticed twice now updates to plugins appearing in my Updater manager list without the boxes being checked to update.

Twice now these plugins have updated by themselves without any interaction from myself.

Many times before an update I manually do a back up of the Homeseer Directory, test the update and sometimes downgrade.

This auto update feature that has cropped up is not sitting too well with me and it is the first time I have noticed this.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                16th of June, 2018

Still running V.435 but thinking my issue is a purely related to current Updater.

Noticed twice now updates to plugins appearing in my Updater manager list without the boxes being checked to update.

Twice now these plugins have updated by themselves without any interaction from myself.

Many times before an update I manually do a back up of the Homeseer Directory, test the update and sometimes downgrade.

This auto update feature that has cropped up is not sitting too well with me and it is the first time I have noticed this.

I've haven't noticed that behavior...but if that is what the updater is doing I would give it a big thumbs down too! NO to forced updates...

Comment

I do not think that this relates to V435 that has been running now for a long time with no issues for me. Thinking it is more of an Updater online update.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I do not think that this relates to V435 that has been running now for a long time with no issues for me. Thinking it is more of an Updater online update.
                    I don't see this issue in fact I currently have 3 plugins that show the checkbox with an available update that I have not yet updated. Never seen an update happen automatically and I would definitely be against that behaviour. I would have expected an announcement from HS for a change like that. Are you sure?

I'm currently on 3.0.0.445.

Steve

Comment

Debian is not for the faint hearted. Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) could possibly be a better starting point. Either way as you say you won't be going "back".

Unless your HS3 is packed with plugins it might be worth trying out a single board computer solution like the Raspberry Pi or the Rock64 if you're not already doing so.
                      I am using a laptop i didnt use ( 1.8 hz x 4 amd, 6 gb of ram) with added 128gb ssd for now, cuz i use too much plugins.

but will surely buy something like the latte panda alpha in the future. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-a-pocket-siz. it will suport natively ubuntu server, and it has 8 gb of ram. That seems perfect for HS3 on linux.

Comment

Here went heavy and lite with Ubuntu 64 bit.

Heavy for Homeseer Pro running on an iSeries plus 16Gb of RAM and SSD drive. (DIY'd motherboard, CPU, et al)

Lite for Homeseer Lite running on a Pine64 ARM computer with 2 Gb of RAM and a cube dual core AMD computer (Xi5a - Tiny) with 2Gb of RAM.

Current Pine64 Arm running on a 32Gb microSD card and the AMD cube computer is running on a 32Gb SSD card.

For the Lite computer the Pine64 is more light than the AMD Xi5a cube computer.

Note all of the Homeseer computers run headless sitting on a rack in the dungeon beneath the main floor of the home.

The computer on the right originally sold for around $500 and the company was putting them everywhere (schools, open sector, private sector et al).

The company went bust but the computer was built to last forever like the old Bakelite phones and purchased for only $60 new old stock with a Windows7 license that I have never used.

It runs a tad warm and the entire case is used as a heat shield.

The Pine64 runs cool and doesn't use up much electricity.

[ATTACH]69368[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by Pete; June 16, 2018, 03:32 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I upgraded mine to .435 43 days ago and memory is holding at 335 mb. My system is super stable running 19 plugins. One thing is I'm running windows 2016 server.

Perhaps when I get back home from vacation and update, that may change...

Robert
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Starting to have issues with .445.

Memory usage is creeping up. It started at about 42k for private working and 30 for shared working for a total of 72k. It stayed each day I have been checking it and it bounces but was going up overall just a little each day.

Today it is at 100 private and 60 shared for a total of 160k. And it is climbing fast.

Other issue is my SSL is down. I have been using SSL without issue but tonight I cannot get in. All browsers say it cannot reach the server, it took to long to load.

This is in the log:

Jun-17 16:23:07 Error Authenticating SSL stream: Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.

I have to go on the local machine and get in on non-ssl to access the system.

Michael
                            HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                            Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                            BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy
                              My main concern is the ability to easy start an application on my windows pc. (Right now hs3 is on my main pc (i use hs3 to load web page , office, kodi with a batch converted to .exe (instant opening ), etc))

I know i can use jon00 remote control tool on windows... but i think there is nothing for linux
                              Will give this a try !

https://github.com/msiedlarek/winthing

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                Might be something with the config of one of your devices, does not look important so I have removed the message.
                                Thanks Rich. How do I get it to stop... I'm getting 20 or 30 every minute now and I'm not even doing any device +/-/changes.

It's like the whole system went crazy..

M
                                HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X