use of calendar between ios and android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use of calendar between ios and android

Ok so my wife uses apple and i use android.

we always have a calendar hanging up but nice to have on phones..
    so we have a generic google account.

my wife setup her ipad to sync the google calendar. She was able to have things populate in easily.
    she adds an item and syncs it to the gmail calendar so it shows in hers and mine.
    works fine.

I do not know how to setup the google calendars to sync.
    I add an event into my calendar and send the event invite to the gmail email addy and it shows up.... so that works..
    but the problem I have is when my wife adds items I do not get them added.

so long story short. I add items from google calendar to shared calendar it is there. Wife adds from ipad to shared calendar I dont get it.

now in calendar settings I did check off the other calendar but then I get duplicate entries for the ones I added that are in my calendar and the ones in the other calendar.

frustrating...

anyone do this and have thoughts on this?
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Example. I created this on my phone and sent to shared. It shows on shared too. I put a check to show shared cal and mine then it shows dupes. I i uncheck show shared dupes gone.
    Problem lies in how to sync/merge from shared to mine... it is fine on pc?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Attached Files

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Jeff,

Yup; here a bit old fashioned; we use the refrigerator magnet calendar.

IE: there is some magic to keeping that calendar on the refrigerator and changing something with that erasable marker pen.

A conflict of a schedule relating to whatever is discussed typically over an dinner.

A bit maybe too much legacy though I guess. Lots of good WAF when I get reminded to look at the calendar and I do.

- Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

We will stull use magnet calendar. Want shared electronic calendar... for ios it works great.. android not so well....

Magnetic paint then coated with chalkboard paint. With trim for a finished look. Routered divit for chalk and pens....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Comment

Yup; maybe purchase your wife a present for the 4th of July; gift wrap it in a jewelery box (well an Android phone?) with a boo kay of flowers.

She will say murky beans to you.
          Last edited by Pete; July 1, 2014, 03:18 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Googling found

SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar app

There’s the SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar app by Marten Gajda. It lets you establish an iPhone-to-Android connection for instantaneous calendar syncing from iPhone to Android — but not vice-versa. There’s no need for exporting, file downloads, uploads, or importing via web-based interfaces. Just set up the app, configure it, and it’s good to go.

You can get the app from the Google Play Store for about US$3.00, which, I think, is a reasonable price for smooth and seamless syncing of your iPhone calendar to your Android device.

To use the app, first setup your iCloud account on your iPhone and allow it to backup your calendar to the cloud.

After that, run SmoothSync on your Android device and login to your iCloud account within the app.

Then, select which iCloud calendars to sync to your Android device. Tap Finish to complete the configuration and to start syncing.

Once the connection is active and properly setup, and for as long as iCloud remains active on your iPhone, any change that you make in your iPhone calendar will be automatically reflected in your Android device.

The developer also provides a free app to work around a firmware bug that removes accounts of paid apps when Android boots up. You may need to install the app called JB Workaround Cloud Calendar before installing SmoothSync on your device. The bug reportedly plagues Samsung devices (especially the Galaxy S4) and devices running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
            https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...v.icloud&hl=en

Description

Features:
            * two-way-sync
            * supports multiple accounts
            * supports subscribed calendars
            * initial support for attachments (Android 4.1 or newer, doesn't work with all calendars apps)
            * supports reminders if this app is installed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...org.dmfs.tasks
            * multiple calendars per account
            * automatic calendar discovery
            * automatic sync of calendar colors and names
            * syncs multiple alarms
            * time zone support
            * customizable sync interval (default: 4h, local changes will be synced almost immediately)
            * synchronizes entire calendar
            * encrypts passwords
            4.6 stars of 5.0
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
            X