This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AprilAire

I am interested in buying an AprilAire thermostat and would like to know from someone who has one installed what I need to get to connect it into Homeseer.

Running 2.0.11

Thanks

Thom

There's an Aprilaire plugin in the HS updater. Why Aprilaire out of curiosity?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

aprilaire 8870

The aprilaire plugin has worked flawlessly for me. There are a few features missing that I'd like to see like the ability to control the messages on the LCD, but I've had no issues with it...

K

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        There's an Aprilaire plugin in the HS updater. Why Aprilaire out of curiosity?

Rupp I have heard it is very reliable I have a ZTT000 and it sucks. it has been replaced 3 times and now is dead again.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Originally posted by kwaugh View Post
          The aprilaire plugin has worked flawlessly for me. There are a few features missing that I'd like to see like the ability to control the messages on the LCD, but I've had no issues with it...

K

What hardware did you purchase and what can't you do with the unit that you want it to do. Does it work with the Maestro Plugin and how many can you have installed.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Don't over look the HAI line as well. These are the best stats for the money in my opinion.

Comment

Rupp,

I do not have a HAI panel.

Thanks

Thom

Don't over look the HAI line as well. These are the best stats for the money in my opinion.

Comment

Thom,
                You do not need one. They are RS232 tstats that work without the panel.

Comment

Thom,
                  You do not need one. They are RS232 tstats that work without the panel.

Do you have any part numbers?

Thanks

Thom

Comment

http://www.hometech.com/modules/therm.html#HAI

Comment

I agree, I have 2 RC80's working for more then 2 years now, not one hickup.
                      -Skybolt

Comment

I am running the Aprilaire, and it has been working flawlessly. I wouldn't change it out for anything. I love the way it works, and the way it looks.

Basically, the 8870 tstat connects using the regular havc cable and an ethernet cable.

If you have a single thermostat, the ethernet cable can plug directly into a 8811 Protocal Adapter. The adapter then plugs into a serial port on the HS box.

If you have more than one thermostat, the ethernet cable plugs into a 8818 Distribution Panel, that panel then plugs into an 8811 Protocal Adapter.

You will also need a 24vac adapter for either install.

Single Stat Summary
                        -------------------------
                        8870 for about $200, often available on eBay
                        8811 for about $125
                        24vac adapter for about $15
                        HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Working...
                        X