This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcp View Post
    When you say "They tend to forget that they're hidden for some reason", when do they tend to appear again? Is it when you restart HS2 or at other times?
    I think it happens when the Squeezebox player changes status (Connected/Disconnected/Playing/Paused/Stopped etc). I don't have to reset HS for it to happen.

Just *poof*, there they are again.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Ok, the loss of music api functionality is starting to really annoy me!!
      It worked a few hours ago, now it's gone. Don't know what triggered it. The buttons on the devices in the Status page work, and their statues are being correctly updated. But the Music API is dead.

Another, tiny thing is: Does the repo link really need to be on the Link bar? To have it on the Config menu would be better, IMHO.

And I believe the reappearing devices might have something to do with you you refresh the devices. It's the .Misc parameter that determines if a device is hidden or not. The constant is:
      Public Const MISC_HIDDEN As Integer = &H20 ' device is hidden from views

If you just overwrite what's stored in .Misc then the device will become visible again, even if I try to set it to hidden. Ergo: There needs to be some sort of check of this...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I am looking into the hidden devices... should have an update later this weekend. Regarding the music API, how can you tell that the music api functionality is gone (but can still control the player from the status page)? Is this for a player always connected or for a player that you disconnect occasionally (software player for example)?

I tried to use cgi for the repo url, but the LMS server did not like it; it wanted to straight URL. if you know of a way to register a URL link with HS2 but not make it appear in the Link bar that would be welcome.

Comment

I am looking into the hidden devices... should have an update later this weekend. Regarding the music API, how can you tell that the music api functionality is gone (but can still control the player from the status page)? Is this for a player always connected or for a player that you disconnect occasionally (software player for example)?

I tried to use cgi for the repo url, but the LMS server did not like it; it wanted to straight URL. if you know of a way to register a URL link with HS2 but not make it appear in the Link bar that would be welcome.
          It is for a player always connected using cable, not WiFi (it's a Squeezebox Duet, if it matters). It's also always on, I never turn it off.

However, last night I think I stumbled on to something. I restarted HomeSeer to get the "MusicAPI" functions back, and all was good. However, later I also had to restart the machine that Logitech Media Server is running on (I have one machine for HS and another for "other server features"). When it came back online, I noticed the "MusicAPI" functions were gone again.

Does that help?

I wonder if it something I do, as I find it strange that the buttons on the devices are working nice, but textboxes, buttons and listboxes in HStouch that uses the Music API suddenly does not.

I have no complaints about the repo link, except it being located on Link bar (and even that doesn't matter that much). The thing is that the link to the repo is just used once; when you copy it into the Logitech Media Server. Or perhaps I misunderstand something (it wouldn't be the first time)? Is there a reason the repo link has to be added to the Link Bar?

And I think I'll shut up for now. I am really happy for this plugin! I use it alot!

Comment

Moskus, check the version V2.1.0.5 I just uploaded. It resolves the issue with the hidden devices.

The LMS server each time you go to the plugin page will check the repo link which is why I keep it visible. If I could register and hide a link that would be great but have not found how to do it.

HSTouch Music players are 'sensitive' to disappearing at HS2 runtime and not being available at startup; will see if I can reproduce it.

And thank you for your feedback!

Comment

In several posts people mentioned that the duration argument when displaying messages on players from the plugin is not used. This had been identified as a LMS bug a while back; they resolved it (see http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15749). I have not checked yet if included in the LMS V7.7.2 release a few days ago.

Comment

The LMS server each time you go to the plugin page will check the repo link which is why I keep it visible. If I could register and hide a link that would be great but have not found how to do it.
                Ah! As long as it has to be that way, it doesn't matter that much.

However, after some testing it seems that Spotify works not as good with .4 as .3. I'll install .5 and see what happens, though.

Comment

Ok, I guess I just don't get it ...

I ran the script posted earlier in this thread and got this:

4/17/2012 9:22:20 PM - Music API - Plugin Music API NOT FOUND!
                  4/17/2012 9:22:20 PM - Music API - Instance 1 : Skyplayer
                  4/17/2012 9:22:20 PM - Music API - Number of instances: 1
                  4/17/2012 9:22:20 PM - Music API - Found plugin SqueezeBox

I also don't see any selection for squeezebox in the music selector either.
                  Can't seem to get anything going. The basic plugin works fine, but I am looking for the inet radio support in HSTouch.

I am running the latest beta plug-in 2.1.0.5 and HSPro 2.5.0.44. The "Skyplayer" is a squeezeplay software player.

Thanks,
                  Skybolt
                  -Skybolt

Comment

Try to run the script in the following post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=16. You can readjust it to show other library content. Also ensure that the software player is started and connected to the LMS server before hs2 / hstouch is started. Dynamically adding and removing players from hstouch at runtime does not work well.

Comment

Same response ...

4/18/2012 12:48:50 PM Music API Plugin Music API NOT FOUND!
                      4/18/2012 12:48:50 PM Music API Number of instances: 1
                      4/18/2012 12:48:50 PM Music API Found plugin SqueezeBox
                      4/18/2012 12:48:49 PM Event Running script in background: test_sb_music_api2.vb
                      4/18/2012 12:48:49 PM Event Event Trigger "Script Test"

I am currently using the software player and is always running. After reading the beta posts, I purchased the plug-in in hopes of being able to use for iNet radio.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this. - I re-ran the beta installer and now Squeezebox/Skyplayer shows up for th emusic selector, but only traverses my mp3 music collection.

Thanks,
                      Skybot
                      -Skybolt

Comment

Ok, got the script to work. The instance was being set to an invalid referance (4 instead of 'n' which was the returned referance). Anyway I also got the LMS stuff to appear in the music selector as a result. Nice work around! I'll have to start playing around with this later. Perfect timing my house Sirius radio just went south so being able to contol the software squeeze box is absolutly perfect.

Thanks for all of the hard work put into this.
                        -Skybolt
                        -Skybolt

Comment

I was able to get SqueezePlay to show up in the HStouch music selector by shutting down and restarting the apps in the correct order, but I do not have anything labeled "LMS" so I can access myapps. Any ideas? I'm able to reach spotify from the SqueezePlay client but not from within the music selector.
                          Last edited by kirving1; April 28, 2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirving1 View Post
                            I was able to get SqueezePlay to show up in the HStouch music selector by shutting down and restarting the apps in the correct order, but I do not have anything labeled "LMS" so I can access myapps. Any ideas? I'm able to reach spotify from the SqueezePlay client but not from within the music selector.
                            You have to be running the latest beta, and you should look under "Genres".

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                              You have to be running the latest beta, and you should look under "Genres".
                              Yup I'm running the latest beta. I mapped my Genres button to SqueezePlay and now I'm able to see Spotify in my list box. Thanks a lot I was pulling my hair out over here.

Comment

I didn't see a feature request thread, so I am going to post here.

I would like be able to see the song/artist info if possibl for Sirius Radio. That is a nice feature. Currently the station and graphics are being displayed. I am not sure this is possible though. The SoftSqueeze player doesn't display the artist/song either.

Thanks,
                                Skybolt
                                Last edited by skybolt; May 1, 2012, 11:52 AM.
                                -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                                X