Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
    Hello, everyone

Just found this thread. Installed the plugin, just to try, and got stuck obtaining Google API for maps and reverse geolocation. It seems Google has changed their APIs quite a bit since the plugin was originally released. Can anyone tell me which API exactly do I need and how to get it? Google offers a list of available APIs, with links, here:

https://developers.google.com/maps/d...i-picker?hl=nl

Thank you in advance
    Here you go:
    1. Add a new Public API access key from the Google API console - allow all referers
    2. Under APIs & auth make sure the Geocoding, Static Maps, and Street View Image API's are on

(copied from text at the bottom of the PI's setup page). Oddly enough though, the link to the API page doesn't let me though anymore, have to access by Googling the console.
    Regards,
    Chris
    HS4 Pro 4.2.18.3 Shuttle DL10J - Celeron - 8g Ram - 250g SSD / Win 10 Pro 64 / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 542 devises & 164 events
    Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.58 / APCUPSD 3.3.2.3 / BLDSC 2.0.68.0 / BLMarantz 2.0.6.0 / BLShutdown 1.0.4.0 / Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206 / Device History 3.1.3.0 / HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1 / Insteon 3.0.7.2 / weatherXML 3.0.11.13 / Z-Wave 3.0.10.0 / Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by CeeTee View Post
      Here you go:
      1. Add a new Public API access key from the Google API console - allow all referers
      2. Under APIs & auth make sure the Geocoding, Static Maps, and Street View Image API's are on

(copied from text at the bottom of the PI's setup page). Oddly enough though, the link to the API page doesn't let me though anymore, have to access by Googling the console.
      If you look at the page I linked to in my message, there is no option for "public API". The closest thing is at the bottom: "Google Maps Tracks API (a web service)", which apparently allows for tracking of assets, etc. But there are other APIs there, which seem to fit as well. That is why i wasn't sure what to pick...

I searched for Google API console. Found it. The only thing on that page is a link to "Create a Project". Is that what I want to do?

Comment

If you look at the page I linked to in my message, there is no option for "public API". The closest thing is at the bottom: "Google Maps Tracks API (a web service)", which apparently allows for tracking of assets, etc. But there are other APIs there, which seem to fit as well. That is why i wasn't sure what to pick...

I searched for Google API console. Found it. The only thing on that page is a link to "Create a Project". Is that what I want to do?
        If I recall, yes, you have to create a project. I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to progamming, api's and stuff like that but it was pretty intuitive and I got my code pretty quickly.
        Regards,
        Chris
        HS4 Pro 4.2.18.3 Shuttle DL10J - Celeron - 8g Ram - 250g SSD / Win 10 Pro 64 / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 542 devises & 164 events
        Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.58 / APCUPSD 3.3.2.3 / BLDSC 2.0.68.0 / BLMarantz 2.0.6.0 / BLShutdown 1.0.4.0 / Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206 / Device History 3.1.3.0 / HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1 / Insteon 3.0.7.2 / weatherXML 3.0.11.13 / Z-Wave 3.0.10.0 / Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
          I'm preparing the next release but I'm trying to debug why a few people are having problems. With a 10 minute update I don't ever have problems.

Jason
          Any news on the planned update ?

And I like to know how I can generate images with different scales for use in HSTouch.

Thanks.
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
            Use the latest version and set the following in the xml configuration file:

<DownloadGoogleMaps>true</DownloadGoogleMaps>

This will place the maps in the html directory. I will add sizing options in the next release.
            Does anyone know how to use this sizing option ?

Thanks..
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Found it out myself

Have to restart the plugin for a config change to work....
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Hey, everyone!
                My plugin did not create any HS3 devices. Is that normal? I do have my iPhone checked off in configuration to create an HS device, but there's nothing new created. Also, how do you use this in events? Any working examples would be appreciated. I tried creating an event that would send a Pushover message what I was home. Of course, very little use for that: simply a test. Well, nothing happened...

Comment

You should have 7 HS devices for each iOS device, plus an Apple ID device for each.

Here's an example event:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey, everyone!
                    My plugin did not create any HS3 devices. Is that normal? I do have my iPhone checked off in configuration to create an HS device, but there's nothing new created. Also, how do you use this in events? Any working examples would be appreciated. I tried creating an event that would send a Pushover message what I was home. Of course, very little use for that: simply a test. Well, nothing happened...
                    In Device view, make certain you've checked RSFindMyDevice in all three filter columns (floor, room, device type).

Did you manually go in and make the necessary adjustments to the config file? Go have a look at some of the examples in messages: 28, 72, 78 and especially 89 of this thread. This would probably not really be the reason but at least you'll see if your iDevices were in fact added...this is also where you have to add the definition for the location you're testing.

You might also filter the HS3 log for RSFindMyDevice and look for any warnings or errors.

Try de- and re-activating the PI.

That's my $0.02.
                    Regards,
                    Chris

Comment

Jason , any E.T.A of a update?

Kind regards
                      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                        Jason , any E.T.A of a update?

Kind regards

Yes, I have been eagerly awaiting this !

Cheers

Steve
                        Steve

Comment

Refresh Rate and Reverse Geocode problems...

I have the plugin and it seems to run reasonably well. I'm very pleased with the geolocation accuracy.

I do have two concerns, however. Like many others, I'm concerned about the battery drain on the phone with excessive pinging of the device. So, on the PI configure page, I have set the update rate to 0 (zero). And I am using a recurring event to refresh the device. The device still seems to be refreshing about once every three seconds, though.

Also, the Reverse Geocode only returns Unknown

Here are the specifics of my setup.

I am running HS3 version .152
                          I am running version 1.0.2.6 of the PI
                          I have two devices.
                          I have a key and authoriziation set for the required API's (Geocoding, Static Maps, Street View Image)
                          I have the PI configured for an Update Rate of 0 (zero)
                          I have 2 recurring events events each set to Refresh a device every 5 minutes (and I've confirmed they are recurring only once each 5 minutes)

Under these conditions, while on the Device Management page, I see the Find My Device Service devices each being updated about once every three seconds. (This is also true for the Distance to nearest Geofence devices as well).

Any suggestions as to correcting these two problems?

I should note that other aspects of the PI seem to be working well - reported baterry value seems accurate. The maps are downloaded and accurate. And the distance to nearest geofence seems accurate.

The big problem is the refresh rate (and its effect on battery drain).

Thanks,

John

Comment

Originally posted by JazzmanJohn View Post
                            I have the plugin and it seems to run reasonably well. I'm very pleased with the geolocation accuracy.

I do have two concerns, however. Like many others, I'm concerned about the battery drain on the phone with excessive pinging of the device. So, on the PI configure page, I have set the update rate to 0 (zero). And I am using a recurring event to refresh the device. The device still seems to be refreshing about once every three seconds, though.

Also, the Reverse Geocode only returns Unknown

Under these conditions, while on the Device Management page, I see the Find My Device Service devices each being updated about once every three seconds. (This is also true for the Distance to nearest Geofence devices as well).

Any suggestions as to correcting these two problems?

I should note that other aspects of the PI seem to be working well - reported baterry value seems accurate. The maps are downloaded and accurate. And the distance to nearest geofence seems accurate.

The big problem is the refresh rate (and its effect on battery drain).

Thanks,

John
                            I've been testing it also:

"0" refresh doesn't do what we'd expect it to do, your only option would be change it to a much longer period of time, like a day.

The only problem with this method is that any connections to Apple beyond 10 minutes triggers a warning email. If you don't mind those, then that's the solution.

If you're getting unknown, did you manually edit the config file to add the location you want to test? Go have a look at some of the examples in messages: 28, 72, 78 and especially 89 of this thread. Maybe you've just got a simple misplaced statement.

Finally, refreshing the Root seems to cause an error which I've posted here a couple of times...so refresh the actual account, not the root.

Good luck.
                            Regards,
                            Chris

Comment

Refresh rate and Reverse Geocode

Thanks for the feedback Chris.

The emails from Apple are also part of what I'd like to avoid. Your suggestion for a longer refresh period is a good one - it solves the battery drain issue. I have set the ini file for the PI so refreshes occur at 10 hour intervals. I have also set up some recurring events which trigger the refresh at 5 minutes. This will help with battery life and will eliminate constant emails from Apple.

The whole reason for using the event driven refresh, rather than simply setting the module to 5 minutes or 10 minutes, is I'd like to work on some scripts that adjust the refresh rate dynamically based on how near or far the device is from the Geofence location. If the device is 2 hours away, no need to ping every 5 minutes. On the other hand, if the device is just a few miles away, more frequent pinging will result in a more timely notification of arrival to that geofence.

I haven't looked at the Reverse Geocode examples yet, but will do so.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

John

Comment

Refresh rate and Reverse Geocode...

Chris,

I looked at example 89 and it's a very good example of how the ini file should look.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my question - the problem I have is with the Reverse Geocode. Not the GeoFence. The GeoFence is working very well for me. I get accurate results monitoring the devices distance to the GeoFence I have setup.

What does not seem to work is the Reverse Geocode. I imagine this should return a physical address relating the devices location - something like 123 Main St, Anywhere, USA. Instead it just shows Unknown (even though the returned Google Map is exactly accurate.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X