Aeotec Z-Stick S2 ?wrong TYPE and ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Z-Stick S2 ?wrong TYPE and ID

I'm using an AU version of the Z-Stick S2.

I noticed in this thread people having problems with neighbours etc (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=168152).

But I also noticed for some people the TYPE and ID are set to 0x0, listens is NO, and version not availble. I'm get exactly the same information from my node information:
    Full Name: Z-Wave Node 1 Utility Room (UTL) Z Stick Polling: Polling Disabled
    Manufacturer: Sigma Designs Type: 0x0 ID: 0x0 Listens: No Version: (Not Available) Neighbor Rating *Poor (1)
    This rating is based upon 9 nodes using the same controller interface as this node out of 8 nodes total in the network, and out of those nodes, 1 are within range to be neighbors to this node which means they can be used to help route to/from this node. Speed: 40.0Kbps
    Basic Type: CONTROLLER, Generic Type: STATIC CONTROLLER
    Some people have a Z-stick with Listens: Yes.

And the controller is Aeotec or Aeon, not sigma designs (which is the driver).

And while trying to enrol a Schlage LE162 lock, which I'm having no end of trouble doing (http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2379) the log shows:
    Z Stick: Controller firmware version: 3.7
    Z Stick: Controller Manufacturer: Aeon Labs, ID=0x1, Type=0x2
    So...the controller information seems to be incorrect in the node information, but somehow during the enrolment process it picks up different controller information.

And yes, I have downloaded the latest firmware and drivers from Aeotech's website.

Are other people noticing this? Is it a potential source of problems or just an anomaly?

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of z wave. Too many issues. You can't beat hard wired controllers really. 90% of 'failures' in our house are to do with some sort of wireless product.

Marty
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:
Working...
X