Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commands sent to Camera's, No Response, Is it a Distance Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commands sent to Camera's, No Response, Is it a Distance Problem?

I am seeing these errors in the log. It looks like the cameras are not getting the signal and not responding. But why is it sending a request when none of my events are enabled to do so. All the events are in Away Mode and I have it set to Home Mode.

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">Feb-27 8:53:58 AM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Error </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> The Snapshot request sent to NetCam003 [Basement] failed: The operation has timed out</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">Feb-27 8:53:22 AM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left">
    </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Error </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> The Snapshot request sent to NetCam003 [Basement] failed: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.</td></tr></tbody></table>

I have 2 cameras and they are both in the basement. Is this a distance problem? This is WIFI so it is not related to z-wave. They are only about 40-50 feet at the farthest.

The UltraNetCam HSPI connects to the cameras once per refresh interval in order to display the latest snapshot within the plug-in. If it's timing out, then I suggest you attempt to manually duplicate the issue by navigating to the URL that you entered into the plug-in to make sure you're seeing the snapshot from the camera.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I can see all the camera snapshots in IE and also see the snapshots for all in the plugin. Now I see this error in the HS log.

File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\hspi_ultranetcam3\images\ajax-loader.gif

I did enter the pw info in the window that pops up for each camera when you click on edit. Does that make a difference? It seemed to work without it before.

Comment

I wanted to add something here to this thread.

Ultrajones, is there a way to change the snapshot request time so that the cameras have a little longer time to respond? thanks
        Last edited by cowinger; March 5, 2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Did you ever resolve this?

I have the same issue and started from a fresh install but this error appears only on Foscam cameras.

The Snapshot request sent to NetCam003 [Garage] failed: The operation has timed out.

Thanks

Jo

Comment

Working...
          X