X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome is likely the cause of the problem. See:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...safari+refresh

There has been a lot of discussion of this regarding the ipad, where users typically use Safari. Same issue, but at least for Safari I was told the latest HS beta has fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
      Chrome is likely the cause of the problem. See:
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...safari+refresh

There has been a lot of discussion of this regarding the ipad, where users typically use Safari. Same issue, but at least for Safari I was told the latest HS beta has fixed it.
      I find it a bit amazing they don't support anything but IE..Nobody does that anymore. Most everyone who does web work, makes their web interfaces work on more than one app..Or at least one that is cross platform. You cannot get IE for a mac anymore, unless you want to run a version that's ten years old. I work at UT in a department that does all sorts of web development and we always make sure our apps work on all popular browsers..Apparently it's not rocket science.
      I haven't used IE in years. Danged if I have to just for this to work right.
      Sigh.......

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        what's the status of your groups? I guess i need to review the swap controller device code
        Hi Mark,
        I re-loaded my original groups then initiated a trouble report so I could attach it here in case it might help.

Thanks,

John

Okay, I "tried" to upload the error log file. Dang file system said invalid file type. For some reason, even if I save it as a .txt file, it adds .log which is not a valid file type. What am I missing??

Comment

Originally posted by jonjonbear View Post
          Hi Mark,
          I re-loaded my original groups then initiated a trouble report so I could attach it here in case it might help.

Thanks,

John

Okay, I "tried" to upload the error log file. Dang file system said invalid file type. For some reason, even if I save it as a .txt file, it adds .log which is not a valid file type. What am I missing??
          Either rename the file, or zip it.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
            Either rename the file, or zip it.
            Thanks, I wonder why it didn't like the original file name?

Anyway it's attached.

John
            Attached Files

Comment

Update..
              Okay, I deleted all of my groups, went through every module and cleared out the defunct links, re-entered all of my groups and they still don't work right. For some reason, I have modules that are not even checked in the groups, coming on and some that are checked, are not. The only way I can fix it is to either add or remove the item (depending on whether it's supposed to be there or not) reprogram the group, then click the box again to either add/remove, then reprogram then it usually fixes it.

John

Comment

Thanks, I wonder why it didn't like the original file name?

Anyway it's attached.

John
                Hi Mark,
                Have you had a chance to look at my attached log I posted?
                Another problem I have discovered, none of my keypadlinc secondary buttons are being received so none of the events that I have controlled through button statuses work. They receive commands for the local load, but the secondary buttons don't seem to be registering at all by HS.

I have been muddling through all my groups, finally have them somewhat working. I have found even completely deleting them and redoing them, I still have odd control to modules not even checked off in the event firing, or some that are checked off, are not. The only way to fix it is to add, then remove the mis behaving item, then usually it will work. Been a lot of frustrating work but given I seem to be the first (guinea pig) to use this interface, hopefully the next guy/gal won't have all this happen.

John

Thanks,
                John

Comment

Hi Mark,
                  Have you had a chance to look at my attached log I posted?
                  Another problem I have discovered, none of my keypadlinc secondary buttons are being received so none of the events that I have controlled through button statuses work. They receive commands for the local load, but the secondary buttons don't seem to be registering at all by HS.

I have been muddling through all my groups, finally have them somewhat working. I have found even completely deleting them and redoing them, I still have odd control to modules not even checked off in the event firing, or some that are checked off, are not. The only way to fix it is to add, then remove the mis behaving item, then usually it will work. Been a lot of frustrating work but given I seem to be the first (guinea pig) to use this interface, hopefully the next guy/gal won't have all this happen.
                  John,
                  regarding the kpl issue above, try using the "Update Insteon Interface" btn on the main plugin config page, this will rewrite any missing links into the dongle.

not sure what i'm looking for in the log since there are no errors.

i can't explain the 'odd control' you mentioned above. There must be outdated links in these devices.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                  Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                  Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                  Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    John,
                    regarding the kpl issue above, try using the "Update Insteon Interface" btn on the main plugin config page, this will rewrite any missing links into the dongle.

not sure what i'm looking for in the log since there are no errors.

i can't explain the 'odd control' you mentioned above. There must be outdated links in these devices.
                    Hi Mark,
                    I think my entire problem stems on the swap interface failure. I had to go into every one of my modules and remove the links to the old interface. The system worked flawlessly until I swapped the interfaces so it has to be tied to that. It has caused some very strange things to happen but the most frustrating is how when setting up a brand new insteon group, which you would think creates a brand new set of links, would work correct. When I do that, I have to test, see what does and doesn't work, add, then remove them and then it works for the most part. Again this is when setting up a brand new group, so it should be making a new set of links and associations.

I have tried going back to try to "swap interface" again, just to see if it will clean its self up but it always fails, said something like "some or all of your links didn't download" or something like that. I have tried "programming device for homeseer" on everything, resetting interface, ect. None of it seems to change anything.
                    Now when I control the devices manually, they seem to all work okay.
                    Very odd and frustrating.
                    I forgot to add, restoring the links in the KPL did seem to clear that issue up and was why thought to try doing the same on all the other units.

Thanks,
                    John
                    Last edited by jonjonbear; December 25, 2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X