Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon PLM Plug-in Version 1.5 (license required)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon PLM Plug-in Version 1.5 (license required)

Here is the first release of the licensed plugin. Please post feedback and issues to this thread. Just wanted to thank Jono for his help testing the previous versions that lead to v1.5.

To Install:

1. Backup your current hs database and insteon.ini
    2. Shutdown HS
    3. Copy the hspi_insteon.dll to the homeseer folder
    4. copy the insteon.lf to the homeseer\config (this will provide a 30-day trial)

New Features
    - Self register new/unknown Insteon device types through the insteon.ini file
    - Extra settings for V2 Motion Sensors (light level, battery level, etc)
    - Poll the input sensor on a I/O Linc when in Momentary Mode
    - Sync linked responder devices to help maintain status page (good for 3-way circuits)
    - Insteon Action: Send Device Command - sends any custom Insteon cmd to a registered device
    - Insteon Action: Light On at Ramp Rate - Turns a i2 light On/Off/Dim at a custom Ramp Rate regardless of device settings.

Device Support Added
    - New ICON devices with latest firmware 39+
    - GarageHawk garage door monitor
    - Full support for the IO Linc
    - Basic support for TimerLinc with Load Sensing
    - Smarthome 240V N/C Relay
    - Smarthome 240V N/O Relay
    - New Switchlincs when released from Smarthome

Improvements
    - Quicker processing of inbound and outbound insteon messages and commands
    - Better support for switching a KPL from (6 to 8) or (8 to 6) button configuration without reregistering.

Fixes
    - Use foreign characters in device names
    - Register a 8 key Keypadlinc
    - Delete links from groups
    - Display issue on the Device Mapping page

Licenses are available in the Homeseer Store:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/PI-I...n-P948C94.aspx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; September 23, 2010, 10:28 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Great job Mark, worked great!

Hello Mark,
    The update worked beautifully, the modules were able to swap (and worked better than ever)
    I can't believe that when the system finished, the new module just worked..The plugin looks great also, very well organized and new features. I haven't had time to look at everything and see what all the new stuff is but I can bet everyone is going to love this.

Thanks again for the swift help,

John

Comment

Mark, so what is the sync responder devices supposed to do? What if I have a KPL that controlls two responder lamplincs? If I turn 1 lamplinc on via HS will the KPL light go on? If I have both lamplincs on and turn off one, will the KPL go off?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
        Mark, so what is the sync responder devices supposed to do? What if I have a KPL that controlls two responder lamplincs? If I turn 1 lamplinc on via HS will the KPL light go on? If I have both lamplincs on and turn off one, will the KPL go off?
        The best example is a 3-way circuit. if you turn on a device from hs, any linked device/responder will turn on as well. this is mostly useful for keeping the hs devices in sync. This already happens naturely if you physically turn on a 3-way circuit.

Here is how i use it...I have my office switchlinc crosslinked with a single kpl btn. if i turn on the office light via a doomotion script, the plugin will automatically turn on the kpl btn because i have the office switchlinc 'sync' option checked.

the problem in your scenario is that lamplincs (the older ones pre dual-band) can't be controllers and they don't report their status when changed locally. so there is no way to sync anything based on changed from these devices.

hope this helps
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

IOSync

so far so good with the new plugin

how do you poll the sensor input on an IOSync ?

thanks for your good work on this !

regards

sjw

Comment

Originally posted by stevewinick View Post
            so far so good with the new plugin

how do you poll the sensor input on an IOSync ?

thanks for your good work on this !

regards

sjw
            if you are referring to an IO Linc, you will need to config the iolinc to use one of the momentary modes.

then just set the polling rate on the device edit or use the Poll Device btn on the status page.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

sorry, yes. iolinc

are you saying that the normal status returned by the device will be the sensor input rather than the device state in the special case of momentary mode? (ie, the device state doesn't have much meaning anyway since it's essentially always off?)

Comment

followup questions, does one uncheck the box for :

Automatically shut Off HS device when in Momentary Mode

does it automatically read status back on all momentary commands ? ie, will it reflect the correct state without an additional poll after triggering a momentary closure?

thanks again

sjw

Comment

so far, unable to successfully see sensor input reflected in a poll. sensore LED on, but poll shows off

is the new plugin supposed to support all of the programming modes (momentary, etc.) of the iolinc or do those still have to be set by hand

i'll keep experimenting

sjw

Comment

all the modes and options are supported via the plugin, you don't need to do anything to the iolinc manually.

when a monentary mode is selected, the status call should return the status of the input sensor.

when in continuous mode, the status call should return the status of the relay.

don't bother with the "Automatically shut Off HS device when in Momentary Mode" for now, leave it unchecked. I'm not even sure this option is necessary anymore.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

thanks

all logical answers. maybe there is something else wrong

i don't see any programmable options for my 2 iolincs. the edit device page looks like any other. i know one of my iolincs is in momentary mode as it has been in use for a long time now in a momentary application. that's the one i'm testing, but i don't see any configuration settings in the plug in (there are no settings below "edit links"). should they show up as "operating flags" or "custom settings"?

i also don't see the place on any screens to let me issue an insteon action

sjw

Comment

Steve,

well now i understand the confusion. sounds like it didn't get registered correctly.

please post the iolinc device section from your insteon.ini.

you should see options like the following:
                        Attached Files
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

yep, mine doesn't look anything like that:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Steve, please post the device section.

i have a feeling that protocol=1 on this device, it should be protocol=2

i would suggest deleting the device from the plugin and reregistering it. your existing links will not be deleted
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

can't do the re-register until i get home, but here is the device section from the insteon.ini:

[Device 11]
                              DeviceID=0F.88.B1
                              DeviceName=Stereo Digital Output Zone 2 Toggle - Insteon
                              DeviceLocation=Den
                              DeviceType=0700
                              FirmwareVer=31
                              EEValues=
                              DatabaseDelta=110
                              RecentDatabaseDelta=0
                              PollingInterval=2
                              LastContact=9/27/2010 9:30:37 AM
                              LinksDownloaded=1
                              NumLinks=7
                              Protocol=1
                              TotalInteractions=9257