This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2420M Motion Sensor Reliability

I have several 2420M motion sensors installed. I do not have them linked to directly control any devices; instead I used events and/or scripts in HomeSeer. This works great, until an ON or OFF is missed, because if the condition persists (e.g. if it goes OFF and the room remains unoccupied) I have no way to know and lights stay on etc.

Is there a way to deal with this? Based on what I can find I can't poll the for device status; but the product specs on Smarthome (http://www.smarthome.com/2420M/Wirel...-Sensor/p.aspx) say "Get HouseLinc 2 and you'll be able to make adjustments to the INSTEON Wireless Motion Sensor without having to touch it again." That seems to be false, correct?

And as far as I can tell, the 2442 won't send another ON until it has first transitioned to OFF, (unlike the old X10 devices I had), so I can't force an OFF condition based on lack of ON messages.

Any thoughts?

I use DooMotion to manage my MSs; it accounts for missed msgs and will set the MS Off after a preset time. But i don't think DM is supported anymore.

You might check out Blade's plugins i think he has one called Radar that is similar to DooMotion.

If you want to stick with HS events, etc. I guess you could replicate this with another event that would turn Off the MS device after some preset time.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X