Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't add 2nd z-net Replication Send failed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't add 2nd z-net Replication Send failed.

I am trying to change for 2 z-trollers to 2 Z-nets. I get the first one configured and the network restored to it ok, but get different errors adding the 2nd z-net.

Issue summary, details below. When I choose "Make this interface an Inclusion Controller" on the 2md z-net I get 1 of 3 errors;
    -Error - Replicate Send Failed reported by controller
    -Error reported in the Replication Send response object - Replication Send failed.
    -Error, the Replication Receive response object is null without reporting a normal ending - Replication Receive failed.

The first time I tried
    "Make this interface an Inclusion Controller" I would just get an error, "Error - The SUC/SIS interface on the destination network with HomeID 003D3206 could not be found"

So then I restored the network from backup to the 2nd z-net and it created it with the same node id 1 as the main house, even though it has 5 in the backup file. So then I chose erase network, and that created all kinds of problems.

then I edited the backup and deleted all the nodes and changed the home id, and that worked, but of course some of my devices were messed up from the erase.

So I reverted this pc back to a snap shot I created before I began, so back to a clean start, other than the z-net's not having a clean configuration.

Since then, I removed the 2 z-trollers, adding the first main z-net interface, and optimized. It still had the network from the previous restore.

Now when I add the 2nd z-net, it shows the new home id I created and non nodes. When I try to
    "Make this interface an Inclusion Controller"
    I always get errors.

1st
    Replicate Receive started...
    Replication in progress, please wait...
    Replicate Send started...
    Error - Replicate Send Failed reported by controller - you may try again. A "Restart" has been done on your controller.

Dec-22 6:16:35 PM Z-Wave Error Error reported in the Replication Send response object - Replication Send failed.

3nd
    Replicate Receive started...
    Error reported in the Replication Send response object - Replication Send failed.
    Error: Error reported in the Replication Send response object - Replication Send failed.

Dec-22 7:07:40 PM Z-Wave Error Error reported in the Replication Send response object - Replication Send failed.

3rd try
    Error - Replicate Send Failed reported by controller - you may try again. A "Restart" has been done on your controller.
    Error, the Replication Receive response object is null without reporting a normal ending - Replication Receive failed.
    Error: Error, the Replication Receive response object is null without reporting a normal ending - Replication Receive failed.

Dec-22 7:09:27 PM Z-Wave Error Error, the Replication Receive response object is null without reporting a normal ending - Replication Receive failed.

hs3 3.0.0.206
    zwave 3.0.1.54

I thought this would be an easy switch over, but it's not going well. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this working?

Solved

The 2nd z-net wasn't close enough to the first when trying to do the "Make this interface an Inclusion Controller". Moved it closer and worked without any issues.

Comment

Success at Last !!!!

Thanks for the post. I only spent 5 hours fighting this

I assumed the replication was done over Ethernet.

Once I put the units closer together, it worked like a charm !!!

Doug

Comment

Ahh! I spent the last 3 hours on this too! Ok, so I know how to fix it, but when I move it back will it be an issue to keep the Z-Net's in sync? I have no devices added yet, maybe the devices in between will allow for sync? Just want to confirm before I lock locations down.

Comment

Originally posted by Camguy52 View Post
          Thanks for the post. I only spent 5 hours fighting this

I assumed the replication was done over Ethernet.

Once I put the units closer together, it worked like a charm !!!

Doug

I assumed that too, and have been wondering why it isn't working for me. Guess I'll try moving it closer! Thanks!

Comment

No I went through this and then did a sniffing excursion and found it's all z-wave no ethernet for the replications.

This NOTE should be a sticky somewhere as this is about the fourth or fifth time I've seen an issue around this.

Comment

I wanted to add a twist to this thread. I'm running a Z-Net as my primary interface and in the last few days I noticed that it dropped one of my ZWave light switches. The line of site path between the Z-Net and that switch includes a chunk of stone wall and since I still had the original Z-Stick I thought I'd add that as a second interface to Z-Wave network. I tried selecting the "Make this interface and Inclusion Controller" but kept getting the,"Error - The SUC/SIS interface on the destination network with HomeID..." message. The Z-net device is maybe 20 feet direct line of site from the Z-Stick; no obstructions though there could be some electromagnetic interference given the number of devices near the server. Generally it didn't seem like distance should be the issue, so just for grins I powered off and back on the Z-net and was able to complete the operation. It really seemed like the Z-net needed a reboot...not sure what diagnostic info I could have collected before the reboot, but that solved the problem without having to move the devices closer.

Comment

Working...
              X