Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message

Hi,

I am awaiting delivery of a UK echo and decided to load your plugin first.
    I downloaded from the update and installed.
    I also installed;

Prerequisites:
    You need to download and install
    1. the Microsoft Speech Platform - Runtime (version 11) You need the x86 version even on a 64bits machine.
    2. and at least one compatible Runtime Language (e.g. MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi)

When I go to config I simply get ERROR on a page.

In the log is;

ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Speech, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any ideas?

did you make sure to install the x86 version of the speech platform? any error when installing?
    did you try to reboot the PC after install?

Comment

Yes, No and yes :-(

Comment

I've just had an 'OK I'm stupid' moment - I installed on the PC I was accessing from, not the server!!

Let's start again!

Comment

OK - plugin installed and authorized. I run HS on a server in my basement so want to run a remote instance.
          I have attempted to follow the instructions - but accepting my stupitiy yesterday.....!"!
          Anyway I'm getting the following error;
          P:\Program Files (x86)\Alexa>HSPI_Alexa.exe server=192.168.1.12 instance=test
          Plugin: Alexa Instance: test starting...
          Connecting to server at 192.168.1.12...
          Connection attempt #1
          Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
          Sep-16 13:56:10 INFO Alexa version 3.0.0.1
          Sep-16 13:56:10 ERROR System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'NAudio, Version=1.7.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
          File name: 'NAudio, Version=1.7.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
          at HSPI_Alexa.AVSClient..ctor()
          at HSPI_Alexa.AVSController..ctor(AVSListenHandler listenHandler)
          at HSPI_Alexa.AlexaApp.Init()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
          To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
          Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
          To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Connection lost, exiting
          Disconnected from server - client

Comment

have you copied all the dll from bin/Alexa to your remote dir (i.e P:\Program Files (x86)\Alexa)? specifically the error message says NAudio.dll is missing

Comment

I did - and its there. I'm wondering if it is a directory structure issue.
              Does it need to be in the same directory as scheduler etc.?

Comment

probably, put all the dll and the exe in the same dir

Comment

Slightly different;

Connection attempt #1
                  Sep-16 14:14:43 INFO Alexa version 3.0.0.1
                  Sep-16 14:14:43 ERROR System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                  File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'
                  at HSPI_Alexa.AVSSetup.BuildLoginWithAmazonUrl()
                  at HSPI_Alexa.AVSSetup.Init()
                  at HSPI_Alexa.AlexaApp.Init()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
                  To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
                  Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
                  To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Connection lost, exiting
                  Disconnected from server - client

Comment

OK - it is an issue of where the DLLs are!
                    I've moved around and now get to;

Connection attempt #1
                    Sep-16 14:19:43 INFO Alexa version 3.0.0.1
                    Sep-16 14:19:44 WARNING The Alexa plugin hasn't been authorized to access the Alexa Voice Service, please go to the config page to authorize.

However I have authorised the plugin on the HS server.
                    Does it also need to be authorised on the remote PC?

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                      However I have authorised the plugin on the HS server.
                      Does it also need to be authorised on the remote PC?
                      yes, and you need to do it from the config page specific to this particular instance, i.e "PLUG-INS > Alexa > Config - Test"

Comment

Please bare with me - this is the first time I have attempted a remote plugin.
                        I've created a second instance of the plugin on my server, called it Test and authorized it.
                        Now when I run the command on the remote PC I get further;
                        Connection attempt #1
                        Sep-16 17:16:54 INFO Alexa version 3.0.0.1

But how do I interact with it?

Comment

Looked in the log;

Sep-16 17:34:26
                          Alexa
                          ERROR NAudio.MmException: WaveBadFormat calling waveInOpen at NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.OpenWaveInDevice() at NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.StartRecording() at HSPI_Alexa.AudioCapture.Start(WaveFormat audioFormat, Stream audioStream, RecordingStateListener stateListener, RecordingRMSListener rmsListener)
                          Sep-16 17:34:26
                          Alexa
                          ERROR NAudio.MmException: InvalidHandle calling waveInStop at NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.StopRecording() at HSPI_Alexa.AudioCapture.Stop()

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                            Please bare with me - this is the first time I have attempted a remote plugin.
                            I've created a second instance of the plugin on my server, called it Test and authorized it.
                            You don't need to "create" a second instance. When you run the command on your remote PC it should automatically create a second instance, that should appear in the "Remote plug-ins" section of the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page. There shouldn't be any HSPI_Alexa.exe process running on your HS3 server if you only want to run one remote instance.

so, disable any instance you have enabled from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page, restart the remote instance by running the command from the console on your Remote PC. Then access the "PLUG-INS > Alexa > Config - Test" page, from there you should be able to choose your microphone and speaker and use the Test button to test if it works.

Comment

Eureka!!

Thank you very much for your patience and assistance!

Comment

Working...
                              X