Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving strange Omnistat 3 Error

Hi All,

I have omnistat 3 installed and its linked to an HAI RC-80 thermostat.
    Being in Australia I am running celsius.

I am getting an error reporting in the app a few times each hour and also in the startup log that says:

8:28:06 AM ~ Error converting Celsius 180 degrees to Omnitemp degrees. Message: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

8:28:06 AM ~ Error converting Celsius 180 degrees to Omnitemp degrees. Message: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

8:21:36 AM ~ Error converting Celsius 190 degrees to Omnitemp degrees. Message: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

The Celsius number seems to change.

In the HS startup log it says:
    2/26/2018 6:40:50 PM ~!~Omnistat 3~!~Error converting Celsius 290 degrees to Omnitemp degrees. Message: Index was outside the bounds of the array.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

The plugin is controlling the thermostat ok so its not affecting functionality just filling logs with entries I would like to stop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

What does your thermostat say is the current temperature and setting temperatures?
    The error message is correct. The maximum Celsius temperature that the thermostat supports is 87.5 degrees.

The question is why is it seeing those high temperatures?

Comment

When the error randomly occurs the outside temperature suddenly displays 53.5 or 80.5 or something like that instead of say 25C.

As soon as the error state stops the display returns to normal.

The temperature device reading I am passing to the plugin as my outside temp is from my weather station import that comes via Jon00's weather display script.

I am not seeing any abnormal weather temperatures being displayed in homeseer so am at a loss why omnistat 3 is randomly thinking/or actually receiving such large numbers.

How can we get to the bottom of this?

Comment

I think your first step should be to remove the outside temp configuration in the Omnistat configuration screen by setting it to "none". Confirm that you are no longer getting the errors.

The Omnistat3 plugin is very simple when it comes to setting the outside temperature. It is triggered by a change in the device value of the device that you specified in the config screen as your outside temperature device. It gets the device value and converts the temp to an omnitemp (a value between 0-255) and sends it to the thermostat. This is where the error is happening. The device value is not between -40 and 87.5 so it generates the error.

If you could log the device changes you would probable see the problem. You might also write an event that sends you an email or some other notification when the device's value become more than 87.5.

My guess is that your weather station's temp sensor is misbehaving.

Comment

Working...
        X