www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Developer Support > Scripts & Plug-Ins:Development and Libraries > Script & Plug-In Library Discussion

Script & Plug-In Library Discussion This forum is for discussing scripts that are posted in the Script Library. To keep the Script Libray as neat as possible, replies are not permitted in that forum. Please post questions, comments, scripts in process, etc. to this forum.

Old November 17th, 2012, 01:33 PM
OverSeer

Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Post any comments, questions, or issues with Version 2 of Snevl Latitude (library thread here:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...30#post1039930) in this thread.
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Seer Master

Upgrade applied and ran perfectly as per instructions. database upgraded from v2 to v4. Oh that all upgrades were as simple!

seems to be working with one exception: on the track history log, I no longer have the map next to the table. the heading is there, but instead of the graphic there is a 1 line text description of what the map would show. The log shows this:

17/11/2012 19:05:29 Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/images/
17/11/2012 19:05:45 Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/images/

Will move the iphone to Btraced once I am satisfied that everything is running perfectly.

Simon
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:20 PM
OverSeer

Simon,

To avoid exceeding the terms-of-use with Google, the script only creates a new map when the person moves to a new location. That is, if you haven't moved, it will not make a new map. The naming of the maps is completely changed (everything is now built around the name of the person not the Google Latitude badge, as it was before). Hopefully once you move around the map will show up.

Steve
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:40 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonog View Post
Will move the iphone to Btraced once I am satisfied that everything is running perfectly.
It's probably worth pointing out before too many people get upset with me: The version of BTraced that works with Snevl Latitude is not yet available, but should be soon. A beta version was tested out by Gogs and jbbtex (thanks to both for helping out), and it works well. The BTraced developer was still putting some final changes in before posting it.

The current BTraced does NOT work with Snevl Latitude.

Steve
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Seer Deluxe

Question Android

Are the makers of the bt program looking at porting or making a android version ????
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:03 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem5867 View Post
Are the makers of the bt program looking at porting or making a android version ????
As an Android phone owner with no iPhone (I was coding most of these changes in the blind!), I completely understand your request. They said it is on their to-do list, but they don't make much on this so the prospect of expanding to two platforms is pretty hard to swallow. I hope they do, but don't know if or when they will.

Steve
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Seer Deluxe

Will Not Connect

Steve,

Just did the upgrade to version 2. Followed the instructions, the database indicated in the log that it was version 2 and successfully was upgraded to 4. All looks good from that side, the web page shows btraced, etc.

However, When it comes to the iphone side of things, I am not able to get it to connect. I actually had to go into homeseer settings and disable the "Enable IP Hack Blocking" on the web server page, as it shut down the IP from my iphone.
I suspect that it is in the logon portion, I manually logged on to my site using my btraced account and found it worked properly (guest account). The one thing that is different is your docs compared to my iphone. I do not have the "Use Basic Auth" option on my server screen. I also checked that BTraced is the current version.

Any thoughts?

Steven
HomeSeer V2.4.0.58 with 476 devices (122 unique x10 devices) and 236 events, X10 CM11A, Z-Troller V1.15, CanadianWeather Plugin, BLIcon, BLRadar, BLBackup, BLNetCallerID, BLrfid, APRSParser, mcsMusic, BL Database Access, BLNetwork, BLMovies, HAI RC Thermostat, BLDeviceMatrix, mcsTemperature, ACRF2, AD1650 plugin.
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:20 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karls View Post

Any thoughts?
Steven,

See my post #4 above. The problem is that the version of BTraced that supports all of this is not available yet. Specifically, the stuff they are putting in is to allow the BTraced app to log into your Homeseer server.

Sorry, but you'll just need to hang in there until the BTraced guys manage to get the new version in the iTunes store.

Steve
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
Steven,

See my post #4 above. The problem is that the version of BTraced that supports all of this is not available yet. Specifically, the stuff they are putting in is to allow the BTraced app to log into your Homeseer server.

Sorry, but you'll just need to hang in there until the BTraced guys manage to get the new version in the iTunes store.

Steve
DOH! Thats what happens when you browse over things. I noticed that Gogs was able to test it but missed the fact that the developer has not pushed it into iTunes yet.

I am guessing the authentication is a critical component of getting this to work with HomeSeer.

Have they given you any indication of when the new version may appear in iTunes?

Steven
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:34 PM
OverSeer

The direct quote is "soon". Maybe a gift for the holidays!
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

phone is blocked

Hi Steve,
I tried to upgrade went fine.
Added a guestuser in HS
but when I add the IP adress to my homeseer to btraced I can not find the basic athenthication tab in the iphone app. And after a while HS blocked my phones IP.
If i remove the HS bloking - it still can not connect.
The app reports an error -1

any idears?
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
Hi Steve,
I tried to upgrade went fine.
Added a guestuser in HS
but when I add the IP adress to my homeseer to btraced I can not find the basic athenthication tab in the iphone app. And after a while HS blocked my phones IP.
If i remove the HS bloking - it still can not connect.
The app reports an error -1

any idears?
SORRY #4 - We just have to wait!!!
Old November 20th, 2012, 07:20 PM
OverSeer

I know it's rather exciting when something new arrives on the market, OK, you have got 50% of it.

Having had the honour, thanks to Steve, to test the new all singing dancing BTraced in BETA I can assure you it is worth the patience.

An unofficial statement is that Santiago (BTraced) is compiling a release version for the app store, when he is ready will probably BETA test it for a couple of days, then release it.

I can assure Gentlemen and Ladies this is exciting and knocks the spots off Google even if you use BTraced's servers rather than your own.

One of the problems is that BTraced is not selling well in the App Store, it's quite hard to find. I tried to leave feedback, but cannot as the App Store does not recognise me as having the App, yet.

A small request, when and if you install this App leave feedback in the Istore, if there was a way to leave feedback for Snevl Latitude I would.

Take care and be patient.

A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogs View Post
I know it's rather exciting when something new arrives on the market, OK, you have got 50% of it.

Having had the honour, thanks to Steve, to test the new all singing dancing BTraced in BETA I can assure you it is worth the patience.

An unofficial statement is that Santiago (BTraced) is compiling a release version for the app store, when he is ready will probably BETA test it for a couple of days, then release it.

I can assure Gentlemen and Ladies this is exciting and knocks the spots off Google even if you use BTraced's servers rather than your own.

One of the problems is that BTraced is not selling well in the App Store, it's quite hard to find. I tried to leave feedback, but cannot as the App Store does not recognise me as having the App, yet.

A small request, when and if you install this App leave feedback in the Istore, if there was a way to leave feedback for Snevl Latitude I would.

Take care and be patient.
Hey Gogs. How do you mean "using the btraced server"? Is it possible to use the btraced server with Snevl?
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman13 View Post
Hey Gogs. How do you mean "using the btraced server"? Is it possible to use the btraced server with Snevl?
No not quite what I meant. You can use either Snevl and have BTraced sent directly to you HS computer or you can have BTraced send to Bwired's/Btraced Server.

However Snevl will only work if you have BTraced set to send to your HS computer. Well at least at this point.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman13 View Post
Some additional info with what Gogs just replied: The original BTraced app allowed the data to be uploaded to the BTraced server, or any other server that did not require a log-in. The BTraced server already has all the appropriate apps to ingest the location info from your phone. The potential downside to using the BTraced server is that it is - by design - very public. All the data is there, so you can have friends see where you are or have been. It also doesn't interact with Snevl Latitude at all, in that the data is ingested by the BTraced server and you can't really get it back out into some other app.

What the BTraced people have added for the new version is to allow it to log into a server with basic authentication. This is required for accessing your Homeseer machine (and Snevl Latitude) and should allow other applications.

Steve
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
OverSeer

For those of you watching the development of Snevl Latitude and Btraced here is a small update.

Btraced has released anouther BETA version of the App for testing and it is working perfectly here. In fact I now have two iphones reporting directly to my HS Server more or less at the same time without any problems.

The current BTraced BETA has fixed a couple of bugs, hardly noticable, and has added the facility to Tweet where you are.

Battery usage is still good, depending on your settings in BTraced of course.
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:32 AM
OverSeer

tick... tick... tick....

The new BTraced - compatible with Snevl Latitude v2.0 - has been uploaded and is awaiting Apple's final posting to the iTunes store. Not being an Apple guy I've only been watching, but it sounds like the beta tests have been going well. I'm sure everyone has already guessed that Gogs was one of the Beta testers, putting it through lots of abuse.

Steve
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Seer Master

Wish they had an android version..... I use Backitude, and have been seeing some odd actions recently. I get spurious locations popping into the track history and it looks as if Backitude is buffering and sending the data more than once so a few hours after I've been somewhere I see exactly e same locations repeated later. Looks as if I am having Groundhog spells....

Anyone else seeing this?

Simon
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Seer

Hi Guys,
One addition, you can use Btraced.com in the app to test the Btraced App, only last 25 trips from all uploaders can be viewed by visitors. You are also able to login on the btraced server and manage your trips from there. You can delete them too.
Uploading a trip is also rather anonymous, because you can use any name you want.
So nice for testing purpose, my plan from the beginning has always been uploading to own server of choice and use it for private things like Home automation

We are thinking about Android as well, but not sure for now.