Jon00 Philips Hue Wi-Fi Lamp Controller for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Philips Hue Wi-Fi Lamp Controller for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

The Philips Hue lighting system allows you to operate its propriety Zigbee LED bulbs and remotely change their colour, brightness, saturation or colour temperature. Normally operated via one of the apps available, this application also allows you to control these bulbs via Homeseer.

Features:

» Ability to turn lamps on/off either individually or in groups
    » Ability to change lamp colours using hue/saturation values
    » Ability to change lamp temperature (white) in Kelvin
    » Ability to change lamp brightness
    » Ability to animate any of the above with variable time delays, ramps and loops
    » Lamp status via individual virtual devices with simple on/off control and/or definable buttons
    » Ability to restore previous actions or static lamp settings for alerts etc
    » Ability to Control all lamps via the clients right-click menu

Control is achieved by a command string/presets sent via Homeseer to the client which in turn operates the lamps.

Please note that this is now very old and was a direct conversion from the HS2 version. As there are now better integrated HS3 & HS4 Hue plugins in the updater, I am not intending to update this application with new features. This was only ever tested with the original Hue lamps so may not even work with the latest Hue products now available.

Support for this now is limited.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; June 5, 2014, 12:38 PM.
    Jon

Works a charm!

Awesome!
    Installation was a breeze. Everything working so far.

I need to read up on the Command Strings and examples

Great documentation!!

Thanks

DSteiNeuro
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks,

If you come up with any interesting command strings, please post!
      Jon

Comment

Great script!

One question.. The devices created do not seem to work with the
        &hs.ExecX10 "H1","ON"
        command..

I use this to control my lights using my IR remote (IRTrans) which toggles and event that executes
        &hs.ExecX10 "H1",hs.StringItem(",OFF,ON",hs.DeviceStatus("H1"),"," )
        (i.e. based on the device-status it executes OFF or ON)
        &hs.ExecX10 "H1","ON")
        does not work.

What's the best way to toggle a Hue light?

DJ

Comment

Another question: when I manually change the names of the auto-created lamp devices, buttons are added

Right now they are called "Hue Lamp 1/2/3/etc"
          I would like to give them custom names that match the actual device ID's assigned (H8,H9,etc.)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
            Great script!

One question.. The devices created do not seem to work with the
            &hs.ExecX10 "H1","ON"
            command..

I use this to control my lights using my IR remote (IRTrans) which toggles and event that executes
            &hs.ExecX10 "H1",hs.StringItem(",OFF,ON",hs.DeviceStatus("H1"),"," )
            (i.e. based on the device-status it executes OFF or ON)
            &hs.ExecX10 "H1","ON")
            does not work.

What's the best way to toggle a Hue light?

DJ
            This is an unmanaged plugin so has no tight integration with Homeseer. In addition, it would be very difficult to decide what 'On' is, white, coloured etc.

To toggle white 3000K you could use:

&If hs.DeviceStatus("H1")<>3 then hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(1,0,0)" else hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(1,0,1,255,,,,3000)" end if
            Jon

Comment

Another question: when I manually change the names of the auto-created lamp devices, buttons are added

I would like to give them custom names that match the actual device ID's assigned (H8,H9,etc.)
              The device names are generated by the text stored in the bridge per lamp which you can change via the Iphone/ipad app. You will have to delete the devices and let them be recreated again once changed
              Jon

Comment

Ok, I just found a silly mistake which luckily is just in the small script rather than the main client.
                Last edited by jon00; March 10, 2013, 03:09 PM.
                Jon

Comment

Thank you!
                  The updated code works and the name as configured in meethue.com/mobile client is being used.
                  Thanks for the toggle script.. Never thought of using an IF in the run script section of an event.
                  I just toggle the lights: (1,0,0) and (1,0,1)
                  Cheers
                  DJ

Comment

A couple of bugs have been found and rectified in V1.0.2:

Corrected error with being unable to change virtual device names.
                    Internationalisation text issue corrected.
                    Corrected error when using multiple lamps in a preset triggered by a Homeseer event.
                    Jon

Comment

V1.0.3 released:

Corrected issue with plugin not reconnecting with Homeseer if communication lost.
                      Added automatic restore of current animation if communication with Homeseer is lost and then restored.
                      Jon

Comment

Great!
                        Jon is there a way for Hue Brigde (Hence your plugin) to know if a bulb has power or not?

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        V1.0.3 released:

Corrected issue with plugin not reconnecting with Homeseer if communication lost.
                        Added automatic restore of current animation if communication with Homeseer is lost and then restored.
                        Best,
                        Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                          Great!
                          Jon is there a way for Hue Brigde (Hence your plugin) to know if a bulb has power or not?
                          No not at the moment. I believe Philips will be putting in a patch soon which will enable this functionality. As soon as this is done, I'll update mine.

If you look at the [Lamp1data] etc, you will see reachable=true. This always states true at the moment and this is what Philips need to patch.
                          Jon

Comment

Jon

Comment

Add brightness to lamps?

Hi,

Thought that I read somewhere that you can 'add brightness' to a lamp.
                              Something like hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(4,0,1,+50,,,5,2500,,,)"
                              where it would increase the brightness from 100 to 150 (+50).

is that possible or is the 'wishlist' part of my brain now completely in charge?

Comment

Working...
                              X