www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 Plug-In Development

HS3 Plug-In Development Discussions related to developing plugins for HS3.

Old May 29th, 2013, 04:42 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

HS3 Plugin Samples

[UPDATED 5/14/15]

Here are 3 plug-in samples that show the 3 ways to configure a plugin. One is a standard sample, one is a more basic sample that has simple actions/triggers, and the third shows how to create a multi-instance plugin.

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_plugin_samples.zip

10/19/13 Changes:

* Modified multi-instance sample so it supports both single and multiple EXE modes properly

website | products | support | youtube
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Insteon Overlord

please add a version number to the zip file name so we can keep them straight as they change.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.280
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.5.76 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | Surveillance Station (kriz83) | MyQ | BLRadar
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:57 PM
OverSeer

Can we have an example for dynamic (AJAX) webpages

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Here are 3 plug-in samples that show the 3 ways to configure a plugin. One is a standard sample, one is a more basic sample that has simple actions/triggers, and the third shows how to create a multi-instance plugin.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...in_samples.zip
Could you extend the sample, with an Ajax handler and put in a control that gets dynamically updated let's say every second (ex a counter).
I agree with Mark, please give it a version number, hard to keep track of whether I have the latest.
Thanks
Dirk
ps. the sample wouldn't run under Studio because it was missing an inherited declaration for the "SpeakIn" method, I fixed that on my setup and now I can debug the sample under 3.0.0.1 (or was it 2?)
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

That is what I did in the sample, it has an AJAX call that updates a div that is the time and date, so you can see it change in real time.

The plugins I just uploaded are the very latest. I will update the post with a date when I change them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
Could you extend the sample, with an Ajax handler and put in a control that gets dynamically updated let's say every second (ex a counter).
I agree with Mark, please give it a version number, hard to keep track of whether I have the latest.
Thanks
Dirk
ps. the sample wouldn't run under Studio because it was missing an inherited declaration for the "SpeakIn" method, I fixed that on my setup and now I can debug the sample under 3.0.0.1 (or was it 2?)

Old June 7th, 2013, 08:03 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
[UPDATED 6/7/2013]

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...in_samples.zip
Is this for developers only? Or this is a "how to" info?
BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
AP800,Honeywell Stat
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

The samples are source code to 3 plugins. If you are not a programmer, I doubt they are of any use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotech View Post
Is this for developers only? Or this is a "how to" info?

Old June 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
OverSeer

Kinda figured that, thks...
BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
AP800,Honeywell Stat
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotech View Post
Kinda figured that, thks...
Hector... yes U and I have no business looking at them!!!!!!!

let the guru's figure it out!!

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297
Plugins - BLLAN 2.0.35.0 | BLRF 2.0.85.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.6 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.33 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.87

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Troller Z-Wave Interface
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
The samples are source code to 3 plugins. If you are not a programmer, I doubt they are of any use.
Nice touch Rich, good to in an open forum that HST is trying to help those developers that are insterested pointing in the right direction.

A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.300 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
BL Radar V2.0.2150; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.103; X10 V3.0.0.36; PHLocation V3.0.0.38;Zwave V3.0.1.96;X10 V3.0.0.39
BLBackup V2.0.27.0 All on Windows XP Pro
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Seer

Is there a HOWTO or beginners guide to homeseer plugin/custom web page development? I've reviewed the SDK documentation and it makes assumptions about how to even start. (Yes, I'm a developer but of low level OS/drivers, but not web/java/scripts -- just starting there)
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Seer Master

If there is I haven't found it yet
The information you need is in the SDK and samples, there's just no overall design doc that show how it all fits together. I found the HSPI_SAMPLE to be the most useful albeit more than you might use. Another confusing thing for me was how the same process was coded slightly different in each example.

In the end i just slugged my way through it, it's just another language and/or API. If you can write low level drivers you shouldn't have a problem other than a lot more time to fill in the blanks.
Being a Beta doesn't help either as you're never sure if it's your misunderstanding something or just a bug

Have fun
Z
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:46 AM
Seer

I don't think my question is specific to ver 3. Please walk me though creating a simple custom page. I've added simple internal and extern URLs in the Tools->Setup->Custom->Custom Page 1 URL [e.g., test.html] but I don't see a new page. Added the test.html file to the homeseer html folder. How do I add a custom page?
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Seer Master

Sorry, HS3 is eating away at my brain

I'm assuming you entered in the page name in the URL section (It's homebased to /html already, so just the page name, ie test.html)

You'll get a new button on your header that has the title you gave it. You can access it from there.
Z
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Seer

Got it, thanks.
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Seer Master

I have some problem to get SAMPLE & SAMPLE_BASIC to work. I have not done any changes in the code yet.

Using Visiual Studio Express 2012

HSPI_SAMPLE (Can't build, 102 errors)

HSPI_SAMPLE_BASICMI (Works Perfect) I have made my own plugin with this, but don't want multiple instances.

HSPI_SAMPLE_BASIC (Build is working but I got error when activate the plugin, see error below)

Initializing plug-in(2): Sample-Basic Instance::Conversion from string "COM1" to type 'Long' is not valid.0STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Thanks
Tonlof | Sweden
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonlof View Post
I have some problem to get SAMPLE & SAMPLE_BASIC to work. I have not done any changes in the code yet.

Using Visiual Studio Express 2012

HSPI_SAMPLE (Can't build, 102 errors)

HSPI_SAMPLE_BASICMI (Works Perfect) I have made my own plugin with this, but don't want multiple instances.

HSPI_SAMPLE_BASIC (Build is working but I got error when activate the plugin, see error below)

Initializing plug-in(2): Sample-Basic Instance::Conversion from string "COM1" to type 'Long' is not valid.0STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Thanks
I think you don't have the latest version of the sample code. In HS3 version 13 (or so) the comport was changed from string to integer and I believe the sample code went from v3 to v5 (or something like that).

Dirk
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Seer Master

Thanks for your quick reply, I download it from the first post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
I think you don't have the latest version of the sample code. In HS3 version 13 (or so) the comport was changed from string to integer and I believe the sample code went from v3 to v5 (or something like that).

Dirk
Tonlof | Sweden
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:14 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonlof View Post
Thanks for your quick reply, I download it from the first post in this thread.
So it is OK now or you had these errors with the downloaded code? If you have these errors with the latest code, I'm not familiar with error 102 but you have to check all the references and make sure they are still properly pointing to the right dlls, coms etc in the right directories. If the basic-sample PI is giving you the com port error, just look at Init_IO of the other version, look at how the procedure definition was changed from string to integer and do the same, save it and you should be fine.
Dirk
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Seer Master

If you show 102 errors it means you haven't referenced the HS libraries (Scheduler, HomeSeerAPI, HSCF) yet.
Make sure you point at them on your References page
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

I updated the samples, download using the link in the first post.