www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion

Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion Lighting & Primary Technology General Discussion

Old December 14th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lo View Post
Fade level is the time for transition between color setting.

You can use standard Polling command for get each color's status. Or everytime you turn ON the device , it will update the status. (When you send ON command to the controller , controller will feedback the current dim level status to homeseer for update device status)
If you turn ON RGB device , it will update Red / Green / Blue device automatically.

Plug-in already have few script for you.
Homeseer Script API

Set Fade Rate :
SetFadeRate(ByVal Client As Integer, ByVal FRate As Integer)
Example :
&hs.plugin("WifiRGB (3P)").SetFadeRate(1, 64)

Set RGB three channel value :
SetRGB(ByVal Client As Integer, ByVal Red As Integer, ByVal Green As Integer, ByVal Blue As Integer)
Example :
&hs.plugin("WifiRGB (3P)").SetRGB(1, 64 , 128 , 255)

Single Channel Control :
SingleControl(ByVal Client As Integer, ByVal Channel As String, ByVal Command As String)
Channel Valid Value : Red , Green , Blue , RGB
Command Valid Value : On , Off
Example :
&hs.plugin("WifiRGB (3P)").SingleControl(1, Red , On)

Firmware Version Enquiry :
FWVersion(ByVal Client As Integer) As String
Example :
&hs.WriteLog "Info","The Wifi RGB LED Controller Firmware Version " & CStr(hs.Plugin( "WifiRGB (3P)" ).FWVersion(1))
Ok, installed plugin for HS2 version 1.0 after configuring device for home wifi/ static ip.

Had to do it twice because I mangled a setting the first time which prevented it from establishing a link. A press of the wifi reset and start over.

I ran the windows utility to predefine some device codes and download to the device. Sadly, the plugin does not collect them from the device and produce them for me. Then again, I did not read the plugin pdf after defining everything.

I have the 4 default devices configured and working in HS2.

I know the chosen wire terminations are popular, but I find they require fine control of the wire and do not like crimped wire ferrules applied. I had one wire pull out after thinking it was snug. This is not a problem with the wire, just me being overly eager to complete the wiring.

I will continue experimenting. I'll email details on the windows application.

The plugin did not install any HS2 sample scripts in the scripts folder, which makes sense since they were not in the zip file.

I'm having a good time getting a feel for it. I like the speed of the response to a HS web interface change.

Automating made easy
Old December 14th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy_d1 View Post
What's the command for dim level via plugin in a script?
Sorry , I forget to add this command. Just add in the plug-in , version 1.0.1.1
New script function add :

Single Channel Dim Control :
DimControl(ByVal Client As Integer, ByVal Channel As String, ByVal Data As Integer)
Channel Valid Value : Red , Green , Blue , RGB
Data Valid Value : 0-255
Example :
&hs.plugin("WifiRGB (3P)").DimControl(1, Red , 192)
Attached Files
File Type: zip HS2_Plug-in_v1.0.1.1.zip (18.9 KB, 15 views)
http://www.automation-at-home.com
http://x10-hk.com/store/
============================
Old December 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Seer Master

Learning script control of the Kevin Lo LED controller via wifi.

Anything that causes an EEPROM write requires around 1 sec of wait time in a script before the next led controller command.

I see that any OFF command and setting the fade rate cause EEPROM writes.

If I fail to wait, it pretty much jams up the script and seems like it locks up the controller until it is power cycled.

I find that the "ON" command sets the output to 255, which must be 100% duty cycle on the PWM controls. If all 3 channels (RGB) are set to 255, I found it results in a 5A supply being overloaded, and, if left on too long, burns up said supply. FYI, my 5m LED strip uses 15W/m, and at max brightness is > 6A.

There has been at least one occasion of "that's cool" being said during one of the controller tests with the manual dim level controls to step up dim levels manually (via script).

Currently, the plug-in does not return the controller status code returns for any command request, so I cannot made decisions within the vb.net scripts on whether to log a command failure and abort the script, and instead, just continue blindly issuing commands, resulting in nasty red HS log entries.

I'm really trying to find all the edge cases as I do my best as a beta tester to help Kevin. Provided I live within the limitations of the hardware/software, it is pretty solid. Finding the limits seems part of what a beta tester would want to do, so keep that in mind.

I have multiple use-cases for LED controls, with wifi having very specific uses, plus having RF control using an rfxcom's transceiver. Each method has pros and cons.

I'm trying to help Kevin reduce the number of cons for his wifi / x10 / plcbus LED controller, which also helps us HS users with a better understood product.

I see lots of potential for the wifi version to do some really fantastic effects should people want that (I do). If all you want/need is having it just change colors periodically, it's great for that as it is right now. If you want to stretch it to the limit, you will need to be aware of the potential effects of drawing too much current at max intensity - as I found out.

I think there might be a new plug-in version soon (maybe, I hope).

I doubt all my wish-list will be included, but maybe some will.

Wish-list (wifi LED controller by Kevin Lo):
1. config ini file setting for max single channel intensity
2. config ini file setting for max total RGB intensity (to prevent burning up supply)
3. Provide script access to set fade rate in memory only to allow fast fade rate setting changes to maybe fade red at 32, green at 64, and blue at 128 to generate some interesting effects currently not available
4. Provide script access to read current fade rate from controller (in case another tcp application connected and changed it)
5. Provide script access to read result of command (proper result is 0xAA)
6. Allow for script access to send commands very fast in addition to current single command at a time.

For example:
a. issue wifiControllerTCPopen(client)
b. issue series of controller commands
c. issue wifiControllerTCPclose(client)

Currently every command issues the tcp open, send command, tcp close. This may be ok, but does use time to create / release tcp connections way more than necessary for rapid fire control commands.

For the vast majority of users, the current setup is fine, so I may not see any of these wish-list items happen. That's ok, but if I don't at least post them, I may not know if others are interested in one or more of these same wish-list items.
Old December 18th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
1. config ini file setting for max single channel intensity
2. config ini file setting for max total RGB intensity (to prevent burning up supply)
This two request = "Software fuse" for protect your power supply ? It will make the value very confuse , some controller 100% = 255 , some controller 100% = 192 . So that I need to rewrite the plug-in for this calculation. See did any other user need it or not.

Quote:
3. Provide script access to set fade rate in memory only to allow fast fade rate setting changes to maybe fade red at 32, green at 64, and blue at 128 to generate some interesting effects currently not available
This is not possible to make it in plug-in. Need to change in firmware code. But not easy to do....

Quote:
4. Provide script access to read current fade rate from controller (in case another tcp application connected and changed it)
This much more easy , see attachment , add new script function for you to read the current fade rate settings. New Plug-in version 1.0.2.0

Read Fade Rate :
ReadFadeRate(ByVal Client As Integer) As String
Example :
&hs.WriteLog "Info","The Wifi RGB LED Fade Rate Value : "&CStr(hs.Plugin( "WifiRGB (3P)" ).ReadFadeRate(1))

Quote:
5. Provide script access to read result of command (proper result is 0xAA)
In communication protocol , each command have 0xAA feedback. But I didn't return it in Homeseer. Let me check how to implement is the best way. Should add this feature in next plug-in version.
But as I mention in previous post , command with ACK feedback will make the reaction time slower , so in the new firmware version , I will add two new command without ACK feedback. By the way , seem no one interesting in the WinAmp plug-in .......

Quote:
6. Allow for script access to send commands very fast in addition to current single command at a time.

For example:
a. issue wifiControllerTCPopen(client)
b. issue series of controller commands
c. issue wifiControllerTCPclose(client)
Now is every time you call the script , it open TCP socket , send command , close TCP socket. But in my windows setting program , it will keep open the socket until you press the close button.
No idea how to make it happen in the plug-in , let me ask some experience plug-in developer , see can they help me to make it work.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf iSmart Wifi RGB LED Controller - Homeseer Plug-in API v1.0.2.0.pdf (94.9 KB, 41 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip HS2_Plug-in_v1.0.2.0.zip (19.0 KB, 10 views)
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lo View Post
This two request = "Software fuse" for protect your power supply ? It will make the value very confuse , some controller 100% = 255 , some controller 100% = 192 . So that I need to rewrite the plug-in for this calculation. See did any other user need it or not.

This is not possible to make it in plug-in. Need to change in firmware code. But not easy to do....

This much more easy , see attachment , add new script function for you to read the current fade rate settings. New Plug-in version 1.0.2.0

Read Fade Rate :
ReadFadeRate(ByVal Client As Integer) As String
Example :
&hs.WriteLog "Info","The Wifi RGB LED Fade Rate Value : "&CStr(hs.Plugin( "WifiRGB (3P)" ).ReadFadeRate(1))

In communication protocol , each command have 0xAA feedback. But I didn't return it in Homeseer. Let me check how to implement is the best way. Should add this feature in next plug-in version.
But as I mention in previous post , command with ACK feedback will make the reaction time slower , so in the new firmware version , I will add two new command without ACK feedback. By the way , seem no one interesting in the WinAmp plug-in .......

Will try it all out and let you know how things go - including the winamp plugin. Thank you for considering these wish-list requests.

I have a new power supply on the way that should not have any limits for my 5m LED strips. For testing, I used a 1.5A supply, put an inline 1A fuse, then inserted current sensing meter so I can slowly increase output to see what setpoint for the brightness levels caused 1A of current and cause the fuse to blow. At around 150 total output (RGB) or 150 on any single channel, that was just under 1A and the fuse would not blow. Just over it and the fuse would pop. I accidentally blew the fuse a couple times using the windows program when I clicked on the wrong side of the slider controls (looking at the led strip and not my mouse pointer. It is fun pushing the limits of the technology to see what we can make it do and stay within those limits. No much it cannot do - provided I do not draw too much current
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Seer Master

Ok, I've thoroughly tested the plugin code, the web interface, and the winamp plugin. All work well and the winamp plugin dances the LEDs to the music.

I guess I just need some explanation on how the fade rate is applied so I can set it properly.

Fade Rate = 0 has a very different feel than Fade Rate = 1.

What fade rate setting is for as quickly as possible and how long does the slowest value take to fade between the current and newly requested R/G/B setting?

The winamp plugin is pretty cool in how easy it was to make use of it and the effects are zippy quick.

Really nicely done.
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Seer Master

Kevin/Others,
I integrated a light level sensor to adjust the max brightness of the LED strip dynamically. The light sensor updates maybe every 5 minutes or so (HSM-100). I now have a working system that can go very bright at max brightness. For indoors, I find around 10-20% is more than enough for most situations. With evening room light levels, the sensor max is 18 and looks just fine.

Once I put it behind the TV, we shall see how it enhances the TV viewing experience. YouTubers seem to be raving about it, and it does have a nice effect.
Old December 19th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Ok, I've thoroughly tested the plugin code, the web interface, and the winamp plugin. All work well and the winamp plugin dances the LEDs to the music.

I guess I just need some explanation on how the fade rate is applied so I can set it properly.

Fade Rate = 0 has a very different feel than Fade Rate = 1.

What fade rate setting is for as quickly as possible and how long does the slowest value take to fade between the current and newly requested R/G/B setting?

The winamp plugin is pretty cool in how easy it was to make use of it and the effects are zippy quick.

Really nicely done.
I would be very interested in how you got the leds to dance to the music from the winamp plug in

Cheers Ken
Old December 19th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenrad View Post
I would be very interested in how you got the leds to dance to the music from the winamp plug in

Cheers Ken
First, you put the led's in your favorite dancer's hands. Start the music, and then say, dance to the color of the led's.

Works everytime
Old December 20th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Seer

I test this module now for almost two weeks. Installed HS2 Plug-in version 1.0.2.0 and it's still running fine. No problems like huggy_d1 with the power suply but I use one that can give more than enough (5 amp@12 volt) for the used LED strip. The strip here is single color warm white 5 meter 24 watt total so it draws 2 amp max at 12 volt.

Now for almost a week also running with daily events. It function very well in HomeSeer automation scripts. The fade on and off goes smoothly and for use at the living room 20% dim level is more than enough light. With the cinema mode on and press play, pause or stop it runs great with all other lights. Also with our alarm system automation it runs like programmed.

HSTouch intigrated with a toggle on/off button and fader. Tried fader real time with value true but that's to slow. Fader with real time value false works. Not surprised here, other light modules have same problems when set real time to true.

With WiFi there's almost no delay (less than 0,5 second) but running with XM10 the reaction time is around 1 second after press a HSTouch switch or event. When control WiFi with a KAKU RF remote the delay is somewhere around 1 second but that will be for the total signal path from RF remote to WiFi LED strip.

Kevin-Lo, you made a beautiful module for LED strips with (HomeSeer) domotica control and I will recommend it to all my friends.
Old December 20th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Seer

Quote:
First, you put the led's in your favorite dancer's hands. Start the music, and then say, dance to the color of the led's.

Works everytime
LOL
Old December 20th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasco View Post
I test this module now for almost two weeks. Installed HS2 Plug-in version 1.0.2.0 and it's still running fine. No problems like huggy_d1 with the power suply but I use one that can give more than enough (5 amp@12 volt) for the used LED strip. The strip here is single color warm white 5 meter 24 watt total so it draws 2 amp max at 12 volt.
Kevin-Lo, you made a beautiful module for LED strips with (HomeSeer) domotica control and I will recommend it to all my friends.
Which strips are you using? Link? I can see cases for warm white around the house. I like the ones I'm using because they are relatively inexpensive, but for white light applications, drawing 1/3 the current, that'd be great.

With any single color, I draw 2A at max current. It was only when I asked for max brightness for simulated white, or all 3 RGB on did it draw 6A and burn up the 5A supply.

It is now time to install the strip behind the TV and test the right max intensity as it relates to the current room light level.

When I power up the TV/Pioneer AVR/etc., the led's run through a relatively random set of colors relative to a max intensity level - based on room luminance sensor (HSM-100).

If I could set a max intensity level like I do for fade rate, I could then issue ON commands and they just go to that max intensity level. Outdoors I might want 100%, but indoors, but as you already noticed, 15-20% is more than enough for most effects.

I have to agree with your assessment of Kevin's LED controller.

What I have noticed is that setting any single color to off takes a little while and HS needs to wait. Setting the fade rate also takes a little while and HS needs to wait. When I create loops, I made sure and put those that need waiting outside my loops and things go very smoothly.

I have noticed that for some events when HS is pegging the CPU to 100% for other tasks, the plugin ends up lagging. Maybe if I set the LED events to be a priority event they will not be as affected and will feel more fluid.

No further troubles to report with the unit. It just works.

Couple of things to note for HS2 users accessing the plug-in...

1. Do not check the box to wait for a script to end as it does not show any compiler errors.
2. Using tenholde's VB.net tool to debug the scripts is hit or miss as to what works and what does not work for the plugin. I get serialization errors when running the script via tenholde's plugin, but no errors when HS2 runs the script. Also, any VB.net script command HS2 executes needs to be on one line. tenholde's tool will successfully compile even if you press enter between parameters. HS2 will complain (see #1 above about how you find out about the complaints) .
Old December 22nd, 2013, 02:39 AM
Seer Master

What RGB led strips are you using with the controller, Links would be nice very interested in what others are using for lights

Cheers Ken
Old December 23rd, 2013, 03:08 AM
Seer Master

This RGB light controller is amazing. It was really easy to setup and the Winamp plug in is pretty cool if your a music lover. I can definitely see a few more of these in my setup.

It also responds very quickly in changing colors. now just to get teh scripting commands figured out LOL

Thanks Kevin AWESOME JOB!!!
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
This RGB light controller is amazing. It was really easy to setup and the Winamp plug in is pretty cool if your a music lover. I can definitely see a few more of these in my setup.

It also responds very quickly in changing colors. now just to get teh scripting commands figured out LOL

Thanks Kevin AWESOME JOB!!!
Here's a simple script that sets the color based on R,G,B input. It scaled to current light level, or you can hard code the setting in a virtual device and set the value to whatever light level (0.00-100.00%, or in HS device terms, 0 to 10000). This allows the light output to match current room lighting.

PHP Code:
    Public Sub Main(ByVal Params As Object)

'====================================================================
        '
        '  Sets the rgb color according to ratio of supplied rgb colors
    '  
but still respects the max intensity settings using

'  wifi rgb controller 
        '
    '  parameters : Red|Green|Blue
    '  
example Main("96,48,32")

'
        '  
writes to HS log if an error occurs

'
        '
====================================================================

'--------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' 
CONSTANTS

Const sRED As String                 = "Red"
        Const sGREEN As String                 = "Green"
        Const sBLUE As String                 = "Blue"

Const sON As String                 = "On"
        Const sOFF As String                 = "Off"

Const Client As Integer             = 1
    ' 
Set to HS2 device code, or to a virtual device you control to set max

' level, perhaps set via script
    ' 
Q13 ###.## with the . implied, so 100% = 10000 in Q13

Const LightLevelDevice As String         "Q13"

Const pluginName As String             "WifiRGB (3P)"

Const LogHeader As String             "rgbWifi_Controller1"

' 
VARIABLES

Dim parms As String()
    Dim RedCmd As Integer
    Dim GreenCmd As Integer
    Dim BlueCmd As Integer

Dim MaxIntensity As Integer = 255

Dim LightBasedIntensity As Integer

Dim LightLevel As Integer 

'
--------------------------------------------------------------------

' Program code
    '

parms Split(Params,",")
    If 
parms.Length 1 then
        RedCmd 
CInt(parms(0))

GreenCmd CInt(parms(1))

BlueCmd CInt(parms(2))

LightLevel hs.DeviceValue(LightLevelDevice)

RedCmd RedCmd LightLevel 10000
        GreenCmd 
GreenCmd LightLevel 10000
        BlueCmd 
BlueCmd LightLevel 10000

LightBasedIntensity 
= (MaxIntensity LightLevel)/10000
        hs
.Plugin(pluginName).SetRGB(ClientRedCmd GreenCmd BlueCmd )

hs.WriteLog(LogHeader"LightLevel Estimate : " CStr(LightBasedIntensity) & ". Levels set to R="&CStr(RedCmd)&", G="&CStr(GreenCmd)&", B="&CStr(BlueCmd))
    Else

hs.WriteLog(LogHeader"Parameter issue.  Received "&parms.ToString)

End If

End Sub 
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Seer Master

Here is a script I run when the TV powers ON that is timed to display various LED controller features while the Harmony remote turns on all the various devices and they perform their own POST routines.

PHP Code:
Public Sub Main(ByVal Params As Object)

'====================================================================
    '
    '  Performs a visual PowerOnSelfTest (POST) to display some of the
    '  
rgb controller and LED strip capabilities

'
    '
    '  writes to HS log if an error occurs
    '
====================================================================

' 
CONSTANTS

Const sRED As String = "Red"
    Const sGREEN As String = "Green"
    Const sBLUE As String = "Blue"

Const sON As String = "On"
    Const sOFF As String = "Off"

Const Client As Integer = 1

Const pluginName As String = "WifiRGB (3P)"

'

' VARIABLES
    '

Dim MaxRedIntensity As Integer
    Dim MaxGreenIntensity 
As Integer
    Dim MaxBlueIntensity 
As Integer

Dim LogHeader 
As String "rgbWifi_Controller1"

Dim RedHalfIntensity As Integer
    Dim GreenHalfIntensity 
As Integer
    Dim BlueHalfIntensity 
As Integer

Dim LightBasedIntensity 
As Integer

Dim RandomRedColor 
As New Random(30876)

Dim RandomGreenColor As New Random(6456)

Dim RandomBlueColor As New Random(6368)

Dim i,j,As Integer            ' loop index variables

Dim LightLevel As Integer 

'

' Program code
    '

LightLevel hs.DeviceValue("Q13")

LightBasedIntensity = (255 LightLevel)/10000
    hs
.WriteLog(LogHeader"LightLevel Estimate : " CStr(LightBasedIntensity))

MaxRedIntensity LightBasedIntensity
    MaxGreenIntensity 
LightBasedIntensity
    MaxBlueIntensity 
LightBasedIntensity

' Establish 1/2 full allowed brightness for fade testing
    RedHalfIntensity = MaxRedIntensity / 2
    GreenHalfIntensity = MaxGreenIntensity / 2
    BlueHalfIntensity = MaxBlueIntensity / 2

hs.WriteLog(LogHeader, "POST Started")
    '
hs.WriteLog(LogHeader"Wifi RGB LED Controller FW Ver " CStr(hs.Plugin(pluginName).FWVersion(Client)))

hs.Plugin(pluginName).SetRGB(ClientRedHalfIntensityGreenHalfIntensity BlueHalfIntensity )

hs.Plugin(pluginName).SingleControl(ClientsREDsOFF)

hs.WaitSecs(1.25)

hs.Plugin(pluginName).SingleControl(ClientsGREENsOFF)

hs.WaitSecs(1.25)

hs.Plugin(pluginName).SingleControl(ClientsBLUEsOFF)

hs.WaitSecs(1.25)

hs.Plugin(pluginName).SetFadeRate(Client16)
    For 
1 To 10       '  Loop to randomly assign colors

hs.Plugin(pluginName).SetRGB(Client, RandomRedColor.Next(0, MaxBlueIntensity), RandomGreenColor.Next(0, MaxBlueIntensity), RandomBlueColor.Next(0, MaxBlueIntensity))
        hs.WaitSecs(0.1)

Next
    hs.Plugin(pluginName).SetRGB(Client, RedHalfIntensity+10, GreenHalfIntensity+5, BlueHalfIntensity)
End Sub 
Old December 31st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Seer Master

Kevin Lo,

I today I received a few new sets of RGB led's the same layout as the ones that you sent with the controller.

I am still having the same issue with only the red channel lighting. I have moved the red channel to the different colors and it also comes on there but it will not light the other colors.

any idea what the issue might be. at first I thought it might be a bad led strip but now that I have tried more strips I can't believe that they are all bad is there a way to test only the strip with out the controller

Cheers Ken

EDIT: error was on my end it was a failing power supply

Last edited by kenrad; December 31st, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:56 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Kevin Lo,

I today I received a few new sets of RGB led's the same layout as the ones that you sent with the controller.

I am still having the same issue with only the red channel lighting. I have moved the red channel to the different colors and it also comes on there but it will not light the other colors.

any idea what the issue might be. at first I thought it might be a bad led strip but now that I have tried more strips I can't believe that they are all bad is there a way to test only the strip with out the controller

Cheers Ken

EDIT: error was on my end it was a failing power supply
I have had to replace one 5A 12VDC power supply already and recently ordered 2 more of them from amazon. They list them as LCD power adapters, 12VDC 6A output, and once you cut the plug end off, it wires to the wifi LED controller from Kevin Lo without further problems. WAF is gradually increasing with the various LED strips around the house.

Took a while to get the light intensity properly integrated for the TV background lighting effect. My original script above needed a little adjustment at lower light levels to boost output. It seems the LED strip light output does not feel linear to the human eye, so I boost it at lower levels and as the room lighting increases, less boost is required for the proper effect.

Now working on a raspberry pi control scheme for the K.Lo wifi controller, albeit slowly. Will post python source if anyone is interested, but that may be many weeks away.
Old January 8th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Seer Master

I would really like to have the Kevin Lo controller with a hard wired Ethernet option (or even serial port) instead of having to use wifi.

Last edited by Automated; January 9th, 2014 at 01:26 AM.
Old January 9th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automated View Post
I would really like to have the Kevin Lo controller with a hard wired Ethernet option (or even serial port) instead of having to use wifi.
Yes , it already have. I plan to sell into two version.
One is Wifi version. (User can access via Wifi or X10 \ PLCBUS interface)

One is Non-Wifi version. (Actually is the same controller , but I didn't install the Wifi module , so user can access via TTL or X10 \ PLCBUS interface , now the TTL port is provide 3.3V , Ground , TX , RX 4 pin.)

For non-Wifi version , it will come with TTL to USB cable , you can setup or control the device via TTL RJ12 port.
So , you can also buy a TTL to RS232 converter or TTL to Ethernet converter on market easily. Then it should fit all of your request.