Release 126.96.36.1993 is available for software and all controllers, see end of post for download instructions.
Due to a security issue that could allow an attacker to gain access to your system, we highly recommend all users update to build 188.8.131.52 or later.
Changes from 184.108.40.2062 to 220.127.116.113:
* Fixed an issue that prevent the mobile app Z-Tool+ from naming devices
Changes from 18.104.22.1687 to 22.214.171.1242:
* The updater control file updater.txt is not longer saved on users systems (security issue)
* Downloaded update files and zip files are removed from the system at startup
* Fixed ability to unlink a device from device properties
* Fixed linked device not saving
* Fixed email script calls to get email message text, subject, etc.
* Added ability to link devices (when one device changes, the linked device is controlled)
* Fixed security issue when logging in
* Fixed memory leak when running C# scripts
* Fixes to JSON to change some device properties
* Fixed check_vcmd.vb script now works on Linux
* Minor changes to event handling
* Fixed some external URL references
* Fixed issue when device reference # reaches 9999 and system locks up with high CPU usage
* Fixed "Device Set" in device properties, device last change time is now updated even if a device does not change status (if feature enabled)
Changes from 126.96.36.1997:
* Changes to support Amazon Echo (back end API changes, does not affect operation)
* Changes to better support new HomeSeer store
* Extended plugin API timeout to avoid plugin disconnects
* Removed MyHS port 80 access, MyHS now only supports port 10300
* Timer devices no longer send an update to HSTouch
if the timer is not running (reduces load on HSTouch clients)
* Fixed log not displaying when time separator is set to "." (fixes errors with Energy data logging also)
Changes from 188.8.131.520:
* Changes to support the Amazon Echo SmartHome
Skill. See the Skill forum for details: http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1495
Changes from 184.108.40.2068:
* Fixed issue with events losing actions
* Fixed issue with scripts not running due to system thinking script was already running
* Added support for Amazon Echo Connected Home API version 2 which adds thermostat
stat support (See http://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1495
* Events are now run threaded to avoid events not running due to a "stuck" action
* Fixes for Amazon Echo Skill
* Check added at startup to ensure Scheduler.dll file is correct version for build
Changes from 220.127.116.11:
Build 258 adds support for the Amazon Echo, with a HomeSeer Skill and the Amazon Connected Home API
For use with the API see here:
For use with the Skill, enable the skill in your Alexa app, also see here:
* Fixes to many voice commands
* Fixed recurring triggers not always triggerring
* Voice command page in setup now saves changes
Changes from 18.104.22.168:
* More fixes to VR phrases for Amazon Echo HomeSeer Skill
* Fixed events page not displaying properly after a group re-assign
* Send email action now allows emails without a body message
* Fixed hs.counterincremment and hs.counterdecrement functions
* Fixed device becomes any value trigger not collapsing in events editor
* Fixed error running events by name if event name contains non-US characters
* Added ability to enable/disable voice command on devices from device management page multiselect droplist
* Fixed unable to install plugins when using MONO 4.x (affects standard Linux users only)
Changes from 22.214.171.124:
* Fixes to the voice handling for Amazon Echo HomeSeer Skill
* Fixed positioning of the color picker dialog
Changes from 126.96.36.199:
* Fixed events using "Set On" trigger not triggering
Changes from 188.8.131.52:
* Added support for our Amazon Echo voice skill that is now available from the Alexa App. This skill does all parsing in HomeSeer so you can say the same phrases as the mobile app. Note: Make sure you enable the Voice Control checkbox on any devices that you want to control with your voice.
* Some fixes to event processing
* If devices cannot be loaded at startup, events are still loaded
* Fixed About page not loading properly
Changes from 184.108.40.206:
* Added System Profile to Help page
* Help button on menu bar displays Help page
Changes from 220.127.116.11:
* Changes to MyHS to fix connection issues
Changes from 18.104.22.168:
* Fixed device status page not editable if user was not "default"
* Removed setting from setup to disable remote access on Linux as this rendered the system unaccessible unless a monitor was attached
Changes from 22.214.171.124:
* You can now log out from the web interface even if you have "No password required for local logins" enabled. This fixes an issue where you could get locked out of the site if you set the local user to a Normal or Guest user
* Devices are now created for any Timers or Counters you create. This enhances the triggering as you can use the devices in triggers. The devices can also be used in HSTouch to display the current timer/counter values.
Note: If you have installed a beta version of the HSTouch plugin, this update may uninstall your current HSTouch plugin. After the install completes go to the plugins page and re-install the HSTouch Plugin if it is missing. Future updates will not have this issue.
Release 126.96.36.199 is available for software and all controllers, see below for download instructions.
Changes from 188.8.131.52:
* Changes to JSON interface to support Z-Tool+
* Removed some excessive log statements
* Removed guest access from default user setting
* Added user access per device (to test with HSTouch you will need HSTouch Server plugin 184.108.40.206 or later)
* On Zee/Zee S2, fixed ability to set a static IP address
Changes from 220.127.116.11:
* New JSON commands added, see latest JSON docs here: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160062
* Added device option in device properties to not update last change time if device does not actually change status.
* Some formatting fixes on device management page.
* Added support for new Z-Tool+ mobile Z-Wave
Release 18.104.22.168 is available for software and all controllers.
Changes from 22.214.171.124:
* New icons with consistent look added, icons are now selectable as a set from setup/Custom page. 2 sets are available, the new Contemporary set and the previous "Classic" set. Contemporary is the default. You may need to clear your images cache in your browser to see the changes.
* Changed the min width of the Name column on the device management page to keep it from being too small, refresh your web page to insure you get the new style sheet
* A fix was added for compacting the energy database.
* MyHS now loads pages faster.
* Added a setting in setup to disable checking for updates.
* Sorting on device management page now sorts properly if sorted values contain numbers.
* Fixed playing wave files from speaker clients on Linux.
* By default the address and device image columns are disabled, enable on the custom page in setup if needed.
* On HomeTroller
SEL static IP now needs to be set using system settings from graphical UI.
* Fixed runevent JSON command.
Changes from 126.96.36.199:
* Removed excessive scripting log messages that were added in build 180
* Zee build now includes Z-Wave plugin 188.8.131.52
To update to the latest:
For HS3 software, just restart HS3, it will prompt you to update. The download is also available from the downloads page at homeseer.com.
For all controllers, go into Setup, click the Update button.
For manual install on a Linux system, TAR file gzipped:
Tar file download:
NOTE: For Linux, HS3 has only been tested with MONO 3.2.8. However, some testing has been done on Mono 4.3 and changes were made to allow HS3 to work with this version.