Error importing HS3 Engine on Android tasker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error importing HS3 Engine on Android tasker

I use tasker, and have now installed the Help Tasker HS3 app. It installed the HS3_Addons, engine, my own and samples. Importing the wear and my own worked fine, but trying to import the HS3 engine I got an error 'import failed, a scene popup already exists'. I do not have a scene popup. Also importing samples did not work either, I had an error a scene HTML popup already exists. Before importing the HS3 files I did not have any scenes on my tasker, and checking for scenes after importing some of the files from the HS3 I cannot see any scenes popup or HTML popup

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I use tasker, and have now installed the Help Tasker HS3 app. It installed the HS3_Addons, engine, my own and samples. Importing the wear and my own worked fine, but trying to import the HS3 engine I got an error 'import failed, a scene popup already exists'. I do not have a scene popup. Also importing samples did not work either, I had an error a scene HTML popup already exists. Before importing the HS3 files I did not have any scenes on my tasker, and checking for scenes after importing some of the files from the HS3 I cannot see any scenes popup or HTML popup
    Hi, that's strange. I need to check and do a "new" installation on my device later and see if there is anything wrong, no one else have report the issue. Try to select different tabs at the bottom and see if the scenes is already there. When you have delete them, don't forget to exit tasker before you try the import again.
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Ok my fault, it must have installed the 2 scenes andI did not see them as they were in another tab. I deleted them, restarted tasker, and imported the engine and samples this time it worked without any error.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
        Ok my fault, it must have installed the 2 scenes andI did not see them as they were in another tab. I deleted them, restarted tasker, and imported the engine and samples this time it worked without any error.
        Ok, great that you solve it out.
        --
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
          Hi, that's strange. I need to check and do a "new" installation on my device later and see if there is anything wrong, no one else have report the issue. Try to select different tabs at the bottom and see if the scenes is already there. When you have delete them, don't forget to exit tasker before you try the import again.
          I got the same message when I installed the first time. I deleted the unused popup screen that already existed and it imported just fine. You might consider renaming your scene though as "popup" is pretty generic and I've gotten that error before when I've imported other people's scenes as well. Not a big deal for someone very familiar with Tasker but for someone that doesn't deal with scenes a lot it can be confusing.

Comment

I'm currently trying to find out why when I click on HS3_Engine nothing happens. I can import the wear samples my own and all show up on the bottom. But the engine does nothing without an error. It just doesn't import.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
              I'm currently trying to find out why when I click on HS3_Engine nothing happens. I can import the wear samples my own and all show up on the bottom. But the engine does nothing without an error. It just doesn't import.

Any ideas?
              I'm not sure that I understand what you are trying to do. Engine cannot run stand alone without triggers from variables or autoremote.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I'm not sure that I understand what you are trying to do. Engine cannot run stand alone without triggers from variables or autoremote.
                Brand new install and setup here. I'm on my phone and I'm following directions form here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Ro96vbdGc/edit

I get down to around the 4th step

"Open tasker again and repeat the import function-

Click and hold over House button until you get a menu then press Import.

You should find 3 Project files. Import them all.
                HS3 Engine, HS3 Samples, HS3 Addons, HS3 My Own"
                Well the "HS3 Engine" doesn't show up on the bottom like it doesn't import. I get no errors during this import attempt.

Problem is when I get a bit further down it says to go into the HS3 engine and
                "In Tasker / HS3 Engine. Run MyHsSetup and enter your logins for MyHomeSeer."
                I can't do this since it never imported and I don't have that tab on the bottom like the others that imported.

What am I missing?

I have forced closed and tried to import a few times without any errors.

Comment

Could you run the Install helper app "Setup Tasker for HS3", then open tasker again and try to import.
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I have several times and did it again. It pops up a message "Download Tasker Setup for HS3, please wait."

Then "Tasker setup files are now saved."

then I open tasker and try to import but doesn't do anything. I scroll right and left on the bottom menu as I have more then showes in one view I even tried deleting some to make the bottom row empty but it never imports only the "HS3_engine" the rest import fine and show up on the bottom.

Comment

I have several times and did it again. It pops up a message "Download Tasker Setup for HS3, please wait."

Then "Tasker setup files are now saved."

then I open tasker and try to import but doesn't do anything. I scroll right and left on the bottom menu as I have more then showes in one view I even tried deleting some to make the bottom row empty but it never imports only the "HS3_engine" the rest import fine and show up on the bottom.
                      If you delete all and exit tasker, the start to import the HS3 Engine, if it success continue with the rest.
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Nothing, I'll try and make a video right now.

I'm working on uploading a youtube video right now. I'll post the link in a min and maybe it will point out what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

Youtube link.

https://youtu.be/8LpiK1hr2zQ

Comment

Thank you for the video, it's very odd.
                            I have no idea why this happened, could you try on any other device?
                            --
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thank you for the video, it's very odd.
                              I have no idea why this happened, could you try on any other device?
                              I don't have another device myself I maybe able to in the coming days. This is a Galaxy Note 7 with Android 6.0.1 no root everything stock.

I have been using tasker and auto location for some time now running a series of tasks for I'm not new to tasker, but I was going to test out your plugin and AutoRemote today.

I installed the plugin then installed AutoRemote. Went to the instructions and started to follow them when I ran into this problem.

I'm not sure if an having an existing setup in Tasker is my problem (wasn't a fresh install today but is updated) or if it's a device issue.

Is there any logs during import that may point to the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X