www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3Touch™ > HS3Touch Beta Releases

HS3Touch Beta Releases Discussion area for the beta releases of HomeSeer HS3Touch software

Old April 11th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Seer

Has there been any update to this? All my sliders are maxed for two months now...
Old April 11th, 2017, 11:27 PM
Seer

I was on the Version 1.0.0.144 Android client. I tried this Version 1.0.0.152. The first thing I tried to do was control an X10 light. It did not respond. I tried again and two differently coded X10 modules responded. So this version appears to have broken something with X10. I reverted to Version 1.0.0.144 and all is well again. -Rick

HS3PRO 3.0.0.318
HST Server 3.0.0.104
Old April 18th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Seer Deluxe

So I am running 152 on the following devices:

Samsung Galaxy S 10.5
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 122
Samsung Galaxy Tab4 10.1

I can confirm that the pass code has been working without issue.

Since 149 big improvement for me. Interestingly on the new 12.2 tablet I bought last month, I could crash hstouch on 144 almost instantly even after clearing cache and reinstalling app and fresh downloads. 152 resolved.

Clock updates automatically now which is great. I will test a negative slider tomorrow using a custom design, I don't think I have any negative ones. if your ever wanting a beta tester, my system is built for hstouch! Ope to release a video of it soon like others.

Keep up the good work!
I'll feed back on negative sliders tomorrow on all 3.

PS if you ever stuck for easy hstouch features, I can think of a few simple and really good minor mods such as hs3 event changing default timeout screen (ie that allows multiple home menus or customer menus for users), or the ability to onload an event on loading a screen, that would be so cool. I wouldn't blame you for hating me ha ha , nice work.

Chris
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:00 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Just posted an update, build 156, please try and see if the sliders are now working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfernandezw View Post
Has there been any update to this? All my sliders are maxed for two months now...

website | products | support | youtube
Old April 19th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
Just posted an update, build 156, please try and see if the sliders are now working.
Yessss!
Works on my phone! Will confirm once I update tablets at home!

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Seer

Quote:
Works on the tablets too, they are also running a bit quicker. Although that could be placebo effect. Thank you for the update!!!
Old April 22nd, 2017, 01:40 AM
Seer Deluxe

I started seeing the sliders as well, after a few days.
They now seem correct.

The speed increase is absolutely brilliant, mine is so very heavy graphic intensive and screens are loading immediately across every screen and I am not seeing images after a second, again that is an awesome fix.

Would you consider releasing this as an official version?
I think offers would really benefit from it.

Thank you

Last edited by smokeycoles; April 22nd, 2017 at 02:03 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 01:52 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Rich, I'll let you know if the sliders are fixed for me. It only happened occasionally -- sliders being maxed out. If I would restart the app, they would be fine.

It is too bad that you didn't fix the other slider stuff. It seems that many/most of the slider properties for the Android client weren't implemented. At a minimum, I have been trying to use the value min/max and offset min/max for years and they have never worked.

http://www.sage-software.com
HSPro, Insteon, HomeVision
Old April 22nd, 2017, 03:08 AM
Seer Master

Sliders are working for me as well now, thanks.

And I noticed an increased speed as well, which is always great. However, after playing with a couple of different HStouch Server build versions, I noticed that every version after 68 (so basically all betas) is slowing down the initial load of the HStouch status icons. With 68, after I start the HStouch client, the icons show up after a few seconds. With the latest build it might take up to 30 seconds.

After this initial load, the speed is similar again. Anything that could explain that?
Old April 23rd, 2017, 05:34 AM
Seer Deluxe

Can others check a text box.

I have a text box which I can enter text into - I use it to send a notification in Kodi. I've noticed, the first time it appears no problems. Then when I navigate to another screen, it is still present (ie you see the icon change to tell you its a text box and can type) however the background and border disappears making it look invisible?

Any one else, have something similar they could try?

I also noticed the same this with 2 list boxes in my settings screen too, although they have fully disappeared.
If I restart the app I can see them back again and can repeat the above.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 12:18 PM
Seer Plus

Pass Code still not clearing

The Passcode bug is still present in build 156. To be clear, it does work and it DOES protect a screen, BUT it only protects it once. The problem seems to be that the passcode is not clearing after the time set in the Project via HSTouch Designer. I've tried one minute and two minutes and the code is retained permanently as long as the HSTouch Session is active. It DOES clear upon a restart of the app.

Everything is up to date: I am using build 156 of the App, version 3.0.0.68 of the Server Plug-in, and version 3.0.51 of the Designer. My clients are the IWAC-7 in-wall touch screens. This feature worked perfectly on these devices when I was running HS2.

With the iOS version of the App, the feature works perfectly with HS3 (as it also did with HS2.)

This really needs to be fixed as it compromises security. I use a protected sceen to get to my alarm panel and this bug effective pulls my Android wall screens out of the mix for that functionality.
Old April 24th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techvet View Post
The Passcode bug is still present in build 156. To be clear, it does work and it DOES protect a screen, BUT it only protects it once. The problem seems to be that the passcode is not clearing after the time set in the Project via HSTouch Designer. I've tried one minute and two minutes and the code is retained permanently as long as the HSTouch Session is active. It DOES clear upon a restart of the app.

Everything is up to date: I am using build 156 of the App, version 3.0.0.68 of the Server Plug-in, and version 3.0.51 of the Designer. My clients are the IWAC-7 in-wall touch screens. This feature worked perfectly on these devices when I was running HS2.

With the iOS version of the App, the feature works perfectly with HS3 (as it also did with HS2.)

This really needs to be fixed as it compromises security. I use a protected sceen to get to my alarm panel and this bug effective pulls my Android wall screens out of the mix for that functionality.
Techvet, I remember having this issue once before, I don't remember specifics. But What if you cleared the remember setting, meaning you would have to put the code in every time, does it still do it?
Old April 24th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfernandezw View Post
Techvet, I remember having this issue once before, I don't remember specifics. But What if you cleared the remember setting, meaning you would have to put the code in every time, does it still do it?
That is what I am trying to accomplish. The option to clear the memory lies in the Project Settings page. I've set that option to clear the remembered code after one minute and it does not clear. I've changed that to two minutes and the code stays retained. I am not aware of any other place where I can set the code to be cleared.
Old April 24th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Seer

I don't have the designer infront of me, but what if you leave it blank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old April 24th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Seer Plus

It is supposed to retain the code if left blank. I'd really like someone to confirm what I am experiencing as I can't believe it would be limited to the IWAC7 platform. Like I said, the iOS version of the client behaves normally (i.e. the code clears as expected after teh set time expires.)
Old April 24th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

confirming the forget password after x mins does not work for me on android .156 (never has on the various versions I've tried over the years).

If I set the project to clear stored passcode to 0 mins then it at least prompts every time I try to access that screen. Given I rarely go to that screen it's good enough for me, but it would be nice for it to work as it 'shows on the label'.

You are not the only one and I'm not using an IWAC7.
Old April 24th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Seer Master

Just tried this update .156 and it looks like my sliders are working again.
Old April 25th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
confirming the forget password after x mins does not work for me on android .156 (never has on the various versions I've tried over the years).

If I set the project to clear stored passcode to 0 mins then it at least prompts every time I try to access that screen. Given I rarely go to that screen it's good enough for me, but it would be nice for it to work as it 'shows on the label'.

You are not the only one and I'm not using an IWAC7.

Thanks ShimmerNZ! I set the clear password value to 0 minutes and it is working!! Never thought to do that before. This doesn't change the fact that bug persists, but it's not the deal breaker it once was. I'm plenty happy with the way I have it working now.
Old April 27th, 2017, 02:57 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Build 157 fixes the passcode timeout:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184028
Old April 28th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Build 157 fixes the passcode timeout:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184028

Thanks Rich! I updated my screens and can confirm that the timeout feature is working in 157.