Arduion ver 1.0.0.136 output pin problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduion ver 1.0.0.136 output pin problems

Just update to ver 1.0.0.136 and have a problem with output pin 41 its controlling a relay and was working fine until I upgraded. With the update pin 41 as output makes the relay chatter. I tried this on my test board and I get the same results on pin 41 any ideas why this is happening all the other pin seem to be working fine.

Originally posted by RK15 View Post
    Just update to ver 1.0.0.136 and have a problem with output pin 41 its controlling a relay and was working fine until I upgraded. With the update pin 41 as output makes the relay chatter. I tried this on my test board and I get the same results on pin 41 any ideas why this is happening all the other pin seem to be working fine.
    Can you enable debugging then try to control the pin. Then disable debugging and send it to me to look at.
    Just to confirm this is Pin 41 on a mega and not output 41?

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

PIN 41
      Attached Files

Comment

I can not see anything that would cause this in the plugin or in the debug so will have to look at the Sketch a little more. I will test this on a mega tomorrow and see if I can duplicate the fault.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

it seem to be only pin 41 on the mega

Comment

I just connected a spare Mega and tested this and I have no problems with turning it on and off as it should.
            Would it be the Relay?
            Can you try an LED on the pin and see what the results are?
            When you tested your second board was it running the same output device relay?
            If I could reproduce the problem then I could help you out but I cant so it makes me think it is something on your setup. If you can not get it working email me and I will look at getting your Homeseer config to see if I can replicate it with your setup.

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

it seem to be only pin 41 on the mega
              I am running .136. I have used practically every version Greig has released. I have 4 Megas in my installation. I use pin 41 on 2 of them as outputs. I added that pin on my test board and it works well there also.

Some more information would help:
              • Is the relay optically isolated?
              • Does the relay share the same power supply as the board?
              • If it is an opto isolated relay board, does it have a common ground with the Arduino
              • Is the pin inverted?
              • Is the connection to the relay a long wire?
              • Are you using an INO or API sketch?
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I am using sainsmart mega boards. Just tried another new sainsmart mega board and I have a volt meter on pin 41 and ground and I get 4.8 volts whether the pin is on or off nothing else set up on board. Then I add pin 8 as alive pin and the volt fluctuates between 2.4 to 3 dose not matter if pin is on or off.

Comment

Just got a genuine Arduino mega board and network shield and made a new board in the Arduino setup and added Arduino pin 41 as output if you turn pin 41 off the led lights up bright for a second then starts to blink very dim every 2 seconds hit the on bottom and it dose the same thing I have tried about 10 other pins and they are work right.

Comment

Just got a genuine Arduino mega board and network shield and made a new board in the Arduino setup and added Arduino pin 41 as output if you turn pin 41 off the led lights up bright for a second then starts to blink very dim every 2 seconds hit the on bottom and it dose the same thing I have tried about 10 other pins and they are work right.
                    When you say the "LED lights up", is this LED on the relay board? Are you using the API or normal sketch?
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

led or volt meter connected to pin 41 and ground. using normal sketch.

Comment

I am seeing the same weird behavior related to PIN 41.

My configuration:
                        - 5 Mega 2560 connected to various IN and Outputs, OneWire and LCD
                        - All MEGA boards connected via Wired Ethernet
                        - HS3 version 3.0.0.312 Standard edition

What I did:
                        - Updated the plug-in from 1.0.0.127 to 1.0.0.139
                        - Updated all Arduino boards to match version 1.0.0.139 of the plugin
                        - Using the 1.8.1 Arduino software software and the libraries supplied with the plugin.

Behaviour BEFORE the update:
                        - All configured INPUTS, OUTPUTS, 1-Wire DEVICES, ANALOG INPUTS and LCD's worked correctly

Good to know:
                        - I have been around since the first release of the plugin, always updated to newer versions and have not seen this behaviour before
                        - The board configuration has not been changed for months and many updates
                        - For 3 mega boards I have defined PIN 41 as output and the configuration page shows "Output pins in use 41,43,45,47"
                        - I am using the sketch as downloaded from the board configuration page, no customization

Behaviour AFTER the update:
                        - The moment the boards are connected to the HS3 plugin, PIN 41 turns ON
                        - The status on the device page shows "OFF"
                        - When clicking on ON, OFF, BLINK, FLASH or TOGGLE on the device page:
                        - The status on the device page is updated correctly and the icon changes
                        - PIN 41 does not change and remains ON regardless

What have I done to troubleshoot:
                        - I have reset the board from the plugin --> no change in behavior
                        - I have restarted the plug-in --> no change in behavior
                        - I have restarted HS3 --> no change in behavior
                        - I have deleted pin 41 from the board configuration --> no change in behavior
                        - I have deleted pin 41 from the board configuration and re-created it --> no change in behavior

Considering:
                        - It happened after the update from .127 to .139
                        - All boards worked without issues before the update
                        - All boards show exactly the same behavior
                        - The board configuration for the boards was not changed
                        I believe it is not related to the boards but an issue with either the new sketch or the new version of the plugin

Like to help to solve the issue, tell me what I can do !

Additional update:
                        - I tried to configure a pin as Alive and noticed the following thing:
                        1. The moment the board resets, PIN41 is switched OFF and several seconds later it is turned ON again
                        2. If the alive pin is configured, the LED connected to PIN41 slowly changes intensity (full to dim)

And to answer the previously asked questions:
                        - Is the relay optically isolated? --> One of the outputs is connected to a relay board that is optically isolated
                        - Does the relay share the same power supply as the board? --> no it does not
                        - If it is an opto isolated relay board, does it have a common ground with the Arduino --> yes the input for the opt coupler has a common ground, the relay side does not (otherwise it would not be isolated )
                        - Is the pin inverted? --> no it is not
                        - Is the connection to the relay a long wire? --> no, and this has not changed since day one. As said it always worked before the update)
                        - Are you using an INO or API sketch? --> I am using the sketch downloaded from the configuration page in HS3 without any modifications (Type=Arduino)
                        Last edited by fvhemert; March 9, 2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

@GREIG: Any news or updates to share? Anything I can provide you with to help trouble shooting?

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                            @GREIG: Any news or updates to share? Anything I can provide you with to help trouble shooting?
                            Some more free time in my life away from my work

I will get to this but things have been mad the last two weeks as a all the emergency lighting in out building has had to be swaped out and upgradet to led and this has involved over 200 fittings and a new inverter and backup system with 4 days to sourse and install it all.

I will try and get some more testing done on this but I have not seen it on my system and have tested for this in the past. I may need to get your full HS config so I can run it on my Development system and find the problem.

Greig.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Greig

A lot of us read these threads with interest to see what others are doing and some weirdness we might run into.

Thanks for all you do, for me especially I wouldnt use HS if it werent for the Arduino plugin....

Back to "listening mode" :-)

Pete
                              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
                              X