No announcement yet.

Weather update is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likley because I had the IP for HS3 computer hard coded for my testing. I uploaded again.

Comment

Thanks Michael, no issues so far.

Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well...well. What a nice surprise! Without changing anything in my configuration, I can now get weather updates from satellite stations again now with this update. It stopped working when the issue was first noticed in this thread https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188407.

I see the new URL now as
        PHP Code:
        http://api.wunderground.com/api/api-key#/conditions/q/PWS:IONTARIO493.json 
        ... and it returns all stations as seen here. Updates faster as well...

Thank you very much Michael!

Robert
        Attached Files
        Last edited by langenet; August 24, 2017, 06:33 PM.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Hi Michael,
          I got this notification from WU,could you set the limit for 500 a day or you already have this feature someplace that I would need to enable?

Thanks,
          Aldo

HTML Code:
          Hello,

Your wunderground API key (xxxxxxxxxxxx) exceeded its allotted usage today by making 501 calls in a day but the limit is 500.

We used one of your raindrops instead of disabling the key for the remainder of the day. You now have 28 remaining raindrops.

We check usage for 24-hour periods based on U.S. Eastern Time.

The plan you are registered for is 0 - Developer, granting you 500 calls per day with 10 calls per minute limit. To upgrade your plan go to: http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/1a236af8b24cbd4c/edit.html

Details: exceededcalls: calls: 501 (of 500)
          Time: Mon, Aug 28, 2017 22:00 UTC

Thank you,
          wunderground.com API Team

Comment

There are no limits enforced. If you use wind speed as an inhibit then the wind speed source is queried every 5 minutes (12*24 = 288 times/day). I believe it is 30 minutes otherwise. If you have more than 1 WU station listed then you will exceed 500 times/day. If retries are needed to get the data then the retry could be counted. I think it is 4 retries per polling interval.

If WU is your source then I would set it to use only 1 reliable station and if wind is not a real concern for your location during the irrigation season then I would not use it as an inhibit.

Comment

Thanks Michael, I had 4 of them, I will take few off the list.

Aldo

Comment

What I will do is create a status device that shows how many downloads occur during the day. If the device is turned off future downloads will not occur. You can setup a HS event to turn off the device based upon the DeviceValue that will contain the daily count. It will be turned back on at midnight.

A correction to above as well. Every minute a download will be retried if not successful so that could add up. This was noticed as the site reported the not available type information.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  What I will do is create a status device that shows how many downloads occur during the day. If the device is turned off future downloads will not occur. You can setup a HS event to turn off the device based upon the DeviceValue that will contain the daily count. It will be turned back on at midnight.

A correction to above as well. Every minute a download will be retried if not successful so that could add up. This was noticed as the site reported the not available type information.
                  Michael,
                  That is fantastic, thank you for accommodating us with so many requests.

Aldo

Comment

I have not done it yet. Just letting you know that a way to manage download on/off from HS3 will be provided. I believe HS3 lets you setup events when a DeviceValue is larger than some trigger value. In that event action you will do something like set the DeviceValue of the new device to a negative value. This will be recognized by mcsSprinklers that you want no further downloads for the day. If this occurs in the middle of the day then ET calculation will be in error. If you have inhibits (e.g. wind) based upon internet data then the same erroneous situation will occur. At midnight mcsSprinklers will reset the count to zero and increment with each download.

Comment

Hi Michael, understood, no worries, whatever you have time, no rush.

Aldo

Comment

2.17.0.16 adds provisions to manage the download count for licensed downloads. Status device 89 contains the daily count and on/off buttons. The Weather Setup page, under the License Key contains a daily download limit that will be enforced. When a number is specified as the download limit then downloads will stop when this number is reached. Status device 89 will turn OFF and show the inhibit icon when downloads have stopped. ON/OFF buttons can be used to start/stop the download capability, but if there is a limit set and this limit reached then the device will be turned OFF again. It will be turned ON at midnight to allow download to resume on the next day.

The download files (download1/2/3/4.txt) are now observed for error/failure text and if it exists then it is put in the HS log. This is to handle the situations where the license key may be incorrect or the station code not recognized.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Michael, this evening I found out that the reason I'm reaching the 500 level every day also when I eliminated few other stations (right now, I only have 2, one primary and the other for the rain) is that I also use weatherxml. Not sure if this can be done but during my research with that plugin, it looks like that the author is letting other plugin check in his database. Would it be possible to Inter your plugin as well. I will be happy to help in anyway I can with this.

Thanks for all these changes you are making.

Aldo

Comment

HS provides the integration. Let weatherxml download the WU data and give msSprinklers the virtual devices where weatherxml put them. The opposite could also be done.

In HS2 Jeff had integrated the mcsTemperature database with his weather plugin. There was also an aborted attempt to integrate HS UPB plugin for mcsSprinklers access to the same PIM hardware and save the user the cost of buying two PIMs. Oman never found time.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                              HS provides the integration. Let weatherxml download the WU data and give msSprinklers the virtual devices where weatherxml put them. The opposite could also be done.

In HS2 Jeff had integrated the mcsTemperature database with his weather plugin. There was also an aborted attempt to integrate HS UPB plugin for mcsSprinklers access to the same PIM hardware and save the user the cost of buying two PIMs. Oman never found time.
                              Michael,
                              You have created something so flexible, I'm more than impressed.

Thanks,
                              Aldo

Comment

So I thought the new feature (weather download count) would be interesting to see. Updated from .15 to .16 and now Evaluating weather data is no longer there - like just empty. Have I missed something? This was working perfect in .15. It takes much longer before it returns as well...

Also getting mcsSprinklers GetWUData in the log. Can I turn this off?

If I need to roll back, how do I do this again? I don't see restore for .15 in the Other page - just update.

The download files (download1/2/3/4.txt) are empty with the exception of download1 which contains <HTML>Release <a href=http://mcsSprinklers.com/setup.exe>2.17.0.16</a><br>Beta <a href=http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSSPRINKLERS_217016hs3.dll>2.17.0.15</a><br><a href=http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=103286>Change Log</a></HTML>

Robert
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by langenet; September 9, 2017, 09:40 AM.
                                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                                X