www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old September 11th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Seer

How to group devices in rooms...?

Hi..

I start moving my system from vera to homeseer and i'm still learning the system.

my question is how do i group devices in rooms on my home screen..?
i try sorting them in rooms but some devices doesn't sort together even when they are config to the same room.

thanks,
Old September 11th, 2017, 03:22 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smargi View Post
Hi..

I start moving my system from vera to homeseer and i'm still learning the system.

my question is how do i group devices in rooms on my home screen..?
i try sorting them in rooms but some devices doesn't sort together even when they are config to the same room.

thanks,
You should be able to use filters and column sorting to arrange them as you need.

Name:  capture.png
Views: 143
Size:  205.6 KB

The header will tell you what the list is sorted on and if it is filtered.

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 144
Size:  25.5 KB

When devices are grouped like Z-Wave root and child devices or as some plug-ins do, sorting will not always be correct. When devices are grouped and have different locations, they will remain grouped and usually sort by the parent devices name, location, etc.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old October 6th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Seer Deluxe

Randy,

In devices it looks like you changed the Floor field to Functional Groups. I've through about that as well but wasn't sure what I might be giving up especially when using Alexa, Google or Seri for voice commands.

Any chance you could like what you have under each of the sort fields for both Devices and Events? Might give some of newbies some ideas on better grouping.

Thanks

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard 3.0.0.435
Linux version: hs3 4.14.34-v7+ #1110 SMP Mon Apr 16 15:18:51 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux
Mono version: 5.12.0.226
Z-NET V2 - Version 1.0.23
Number of Devices: 257
Number of Events: 320
Available Threads: 399
HSTouch Enabled: True

3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak
3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
3.0.1.109: PHLocation
0.0.0.42: Pushover 3P
3.0.1.190: Z-Wave