Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Version 3.0.0.357 - Any issues ?

Hi Guys

Just saw an email come through about a major "HS upgrade". Has anyone upgraded and using the Arduino plugin ? I'm planning to upgrade to the latest Arduino Beta plugin, its a big job to pull my boards out and flash so if there are any known issus/bugs I'd like to know beforehand or its just a BIG leap into the unknown :-)

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
    Hi Guys

Just saw an email come through about a major "HS upgrade". Has anyone upgraded and using the Arduino plugin ? I'm planning to upgrade to the latest Arduino Beta plugin, its a big job to pull my boards out and flash so if there are any known issus/bugs I'd like to know beforehand or its just a BIG leap into the unknown :-)

Pete
    No problem here. I have been running 357 for a few days. There have been a few reports of problems with HSTouch connecting, but it is working fine here.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy that gives me some confidence. I think this weekend I'll upgrade the arduino plugin as I saw some weird board disconnects over the last few weeks and I've not made ANY changes. Unfortunately my main arduino didnt reconnect which was a biggie for me.

Now for the last 10 days, no issues at all...I know Greig made numerous changes in the reconnect coding so I'm hoping this will fix....I'm currently running the latest non-beta version and I'll move to the latest beta.

Then I'll upgrade HS :-)

Thankyou..Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

all good here... haven't noticed an issue, even with HSTouch.. still connects. Albeit I don't have a ton setup... some day.. some day..

Current Date/Time: 9/14/2017 8:47:31 AM
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.357
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - Work Station
        System Uptime: 4 Days 8 Hours 49 Minutes 0 Seconds

Number of Devices: 123
        Number of Events: 23
        Available Threads: 399

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.35.0: BLLAN
        2.0.91.0: BLRF
        3.1.13.7: CONCORD
        0.2.0.0: FitbitSeer
        30.0.0.35: RFXCOM
        3.0.0.36: X10
        3.0.1.144: Z-Wave
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Running .358 with no problems..... additionally, it appears as of this writing, that the most recent version has give me tools to fix a long term scripting issue!
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Guys

What version of the arduino plugin are you guys running, the beta or non-beta ?
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

1.0.0.142 beta

Comment

After I updated HS3 to 3.0.0.357 I can't seem to set LCD device strings from within an Event. I can still set them from the Device Management Screen. I can control the LCD from an Event such as on, off, clear line but I can't set the string using an Event. I have to do more testing before I revert the HS3 version. Using the Arduino 1.0.0.142 beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Archcantor View Post
                  After I updated HS3 to 3.0.0.357 I can't seem to set LCD device strings from within an Event. I can still set them from the Device Management Screen. I can control the LCD from an Event such as on, off, clear line but I can't set the string using an Event. I have to do more testing before I revert the HS3 version. Using the Arduino 1.0.0.142 beta.
                  I have two LCDs controlled by NodeMCU boards that are only updated with events. They have continued to work properly with every update, including .357 and now with beta .362.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    I have two LCDs controlled by NodeMCU boards that are only updated with events. They have continued to work properly with every update, including .357 and now with beta .362.
                    Thanks for this update. I have both a Mega and a NodeMCU on the test bench with LCDs. The trouble I am having is the device LCD line string is not being sent to the device in HS from the Event. HS does update other device strings from events. I can manually update the strings on the device page and they get sent to the LCDs. So this seems to be an HS or Plug-In problem or operator error. Good to know yours works. It helps my direction.

Here's what my further testing revealed here. I decided to try in the Event to set the LCD Line string using Easy Trigger Set Device String instead of putting the string in the same function as the Send command. Then called the Arduino Plugin just for the Send function with a blank string. This works quite well and is very responsive. The Mega and NodeMCU can now update the display lines as fast as they can change the state of an LED. I am not sure why sending a string to the LCD line from within an Event does not update the string in the HS device. Changing the Line string from within the Device Utility has always been instant and reliable.

Right now I am on
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.362 (Windows)
                    Arduino Beta Version 1.0.0.142

Attached are the test Events I am using to update LCDs on a Mega and a NodeMCU.

Update: So maybe it's user error. Can you set the device string AND press Send in a single "Then Control a Device" phrase? If I create two Then phrases, one to set the string and another to press Send it works fine. Is the single Then phrase pressing Send and doing nothing with the String?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Archcantor; September 17, 2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X